40 and Fab!

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone! First time starting! Made me a little nervous! Just wanted to say Hi to all! We will be gone most of the week, going to the beach house. Lisa, hope all is well with you. How is Madison? Is she eating any better? Ronne, I know you are on vacation, Hope it is great! Murphy, are you still hanging with Cathe? Andrea, How is boot camp? This week I am doing GS series and some cardio. Haven't done those since before STS! Have a good week all! I will be back next week! Mary

Hi all,

Well, the other day my dd told me that my legs looked smaller but my tummy was still big. The honesty of the little ones. I guess that means more cardio and abs. I guess that means no more slacking off!

Murphy

Hi all

Mary - hope you have a great week at the beach!

Murph - have you seen how these kids draw? :eek: Their sense of perspective is all skewed - take no notice!! :p

Intermittent workouts this week for me as I'm at home with DD till we go away on Friday. I managed a KM premix yesterday but nothing today. Maybe some yoga or cardio tomorrow. See what I feel like.

Bye for now.

Hi there everyone! GS BSB yesterday, Imax 2 today. I'm exhausted now as I even mopped (on my hands and knees) the wood floor (about 1500 sq ft). On top of that it's HOT here.

Mary, Thanks for asking about Madison. We are hangin in there. Had an episode yesterday with her not eating....I finally figured it was because she was nauseous so I gave her the anti-nausea meds. I stopped giving the daily meds (nausea, pepcid, probiotics) for one day because getting the pills in her is becoming an issue....she runs from me and no matter how much I wrap the pill in meat she rolls that tongue around, gets the meat off the pill and spits out the pill, so I have to resort to stuffing it down her throat...I hate doing it. Today the pilling is going better but I proved to myself that she does need them. I too am doing GS this week, I haven't done since before STS either and GS was tough! My biceps have DOMS today!

Ronne, Did I miss where you and DD are going?

Murphy, out of the mouths of babes....pay no attention, my tummy is my problem area and I think will always be, I'm happy to be fit and healthy. I ran this weekend more for a mood enhancer than for exercise --- it had been a while since I've done a long run, my obliques was sore .... it's amazing what running works on you!

Gotta run, have a good one all !

HI All,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am trying to keep it in perspective. Anyway, I am doing some cardio boxing now w/ the Wii. I have had it for some time but never really liked it. A friend convinced me to try it again and it is better this time around. It is a good arm workout, but it is so annoying to have to keep doing it to unlock other things like the jump rope, push-ups and etc. It is what it is.

Lisa - I hope Madison is feeling better and the pills are goin down easier.

Ronne - Have a good time.

Murphy

Hi ladies.

Mary- I've been madly Bootcamping. Im lovin it! I think its also the social factor as well.

Murphy - As Lisa said, outta the mouths of babes! I too, have, suffered at the hands of my childs. But they mean no harm, merely, they "call it as they "see" it". Lay down on a step and do chest exercises or tris. Wear a crop top. Then your back and tummy will be stretched and maybe dd will "see" how skinny you are!! "Wow Mum! I can see your ribs!!" Don't forget to suck your stomach in and lower back on the step.

Hi Lisa and Ronne! And anyone else. has anyone heard from Kathryn?

Hi everyone

Lisa - I'm relieved to hear that GS is still tough after STS, I thought that had turned everyone into superhumans :D. Good luck with the pilling!

Andrea - Good to see you. It's easy to forget that there can be a social aspect to working out after spending so long in front of a DVD. Glad you're enjoying something new.

Murph - I like the sound of that cardio boxing. What program is that?

Well, we're off on holiday tomorrow (to France). It's tipping down at the moment and I can't wait to go. I can't cut the grass and I can't hang the washing out! Oh well, soon be able to forget about all that for a while.

See you all in a couple of weeks.

Andrea - that sounds like a good idea. Maybe I will give it a try. :)

Ronne - be safe and have fun. The cardio boxing is another Wii program. It is Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing.

Hey everyone...I did GS CT yesterday....oh my the DOMS in my pecs and tris! Today was RS, I'm sitting here a sweaty mess --- ah the visual !

Andrea, do you have a friend you go with to bootcamp? I like having a friend to do things with but none of mine want to exercise! Maybe that's why the dvds work so well for me.

Ronne, ah, France...that's so cool. My DS20 is in Mexico this week with his girlfriend (18)! :eek:

gotta get myself cleaned up and figure out what I'm doing today.....

Hi guys.

I cannot move. Yesturdays Bootcamp was a field trip to the outdoor stairs. I lost count after 10 times up and down. Believe it or not it was my suggestion to do the stairs! Highly doubtful I'll be suggesting that again. LOL.

Lisa - The bootcamp is run by some fitness trainers that I work with. And the fitness nuts from work go along. Its great fun, I talk a lot of the way through it! (Will nothing ever shut me up???!!!:confused:) Plus, the really good thing is the girls can come along and have just started to join in, (not the steps, theres no way they could do the steps waaaay too steep)

feeling a little lazy today....only did BG floorwork & abs PM.

Andrea....surely you couldn't talk WHILE you were running the stairs??!?!?!?

have a good weekend everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.