35 weeks and 2 days (no clue what to pack or buy)

lulu68

Cathlete
Ok. So I'm getting closer to my delivery day and I have not bought one single thing. It's like if I'm in total denial! I literraly have no clue what to buy for when baby arrives or what to pack in my hospital bag. You would think I would be an expert since this will be my 5th time doing it. Feeling so overwhelm with life at this time! I have so much to do and think of before baby arrives. I will be going back to work (home daycare) imidietely after home from the hospital, and I have come to terms with that (I think). Well my mom is planning on being here, but seriously I really don't want anyone here. I'm hoping and praying that I have the baby on Thursday before labor day that way I could at least spend that time with my baby alone without having to worry about someone else, plus I have 5 children 6 when baby arrives, I really don't have room for anyone else. I hope I don't sound as being rood...I love my mom! But I like doing things on my own, I'm not one that needs help, plus with 6 children and going back to work I need to get back into my regular routine without any interuptions. I'm already consider to be the bag guy in my family because I never go visit, but with a family of 7 soon to be 8 it's very hard and sometimes not in or budget. I would love for my mom to come experience the birth of the baby and see the baby but I feel like my emotions won't be able to handle all this people in my house. Litterally we have no room for her all our rooms in our home are taken with the kids. Should I just let her come and deal with it later or should I say something...I'm sooo afraid to hurt her feellings and of course afraid to be judge by my family. Thanks for listening!

Lourdes

Hi Lulu,

I'm sorry you seem to be feeling so overwhelmed right now - I hope things get better soon.

As far as packing for the hospital, I can tell you what I took. I hate hospital gowns, so I took my own pjs - pants and t-shirts to "hang out" in after the delivery. An outfit to wear home, an outfit for the baby to wear home, basic toiletries, several pairs of underwear/socks, maybe a robe/slippers, nursing bras, your driver's license (I needed to show ID), and whatever your spouse needs if he's staying with you overnight. The books suggest snacks and activities to pass the time while you're in labor. The snacks are good for your spouse. I can tell you I was in labor for 48 hours - 24 hours of which were at the hospital. I personally had no appetite the entire time and I had no interest in playing cards, reading, watching TV, etc. Chap stick was good for me to have too. The hospital seemed to provide everything else - diapers, wipes, things I needed for recovery, etc.

I don't know if that helps, but that seemed to be mostly what I needed. Take care!
Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.