3-5 days to tone legs & de-bloat???

Candiceena

Cathlete
I need the help of my fellow Cathletes!!

I have a suprise event coming up. Lets just say Part 1 is on Friday night with Part 2 going on all day on Sunday. Just found out about it all today.

I need to know what I should do to "de-bloat" and kind of tone up the legs a bit? I'm not worried about pounds or inches so much as I am about just leaning out the body I've already got.

I'm planning to cut starchy & sugary carbs...drink lots of water...etc.

Mainly I need ot know about workouts. I have LIS and Xtrain. I think I'm going to do fasted cardio in the AM (couch 2 5k intervals) and then do weights at night. I know its bad to do the same body part back to back but this is kind of an "emergency" lol.

Thoughts? I was thinking XTrain legs, Cardio Leg Blast, Turbo Barre... and? I can work out tonight (going to do Xtrain legs) and then I can work out Weds, Thurs, Fri night before Part 1 and probably Saturday night as well.

Turbo Barre should be the first option in my opinion and you should also consider the Barre section of Lower Body Blast. Xtrain Legs has a barre bonus, but I don't consider it as challenging as the two previously mentioned. I also find that leg portions done on the floor slim my legs better than standing leg work unless the standing leg work is high rep/super light weight. The floor portion of Gym Style Legs is one of my favorites. Also, If you're going to focus on the legs and train them on a daily basis for a few days I would stay away from heavy weights, you will not recover properly and might retain some water as well. I would add some kickboxing if you like that. Kick, Punch and Crunch is great. Kickmax has a good toning segment at the end which is high rep/no weight and leg focused. These are my recommendations, but there are a lot more options if these are not for you. I hope this helps. Good luck. :)

Oh my that is an emergency! With only a 3-5 day prep period, i'd say the diet is more important and maybe following more of a paleo or low carb plan with no sugar? Remember when you cut carbs dramamtically you lose alot of water weight which is really all you can accomplish in that short a time span - true fat loss would take longer. Your liver and muscles store glycogen from carbs which then holds about 3 times the amount in water if i remember correctly. But the added workouts will certainly get the endorphins going but may be more difficult to endure with low carbs.
Then there's always Spanx!! Unless you're in a bathing suit of course!:eek:
Good luck!

I agree with the others. Don't lift heavy - you don't want muscle pump!
All I can add is wax, massage, body brush, spray tan?????

Oh, and lots of green tea as a diuretic
Best of luck, and have fun
x

Justine is so right! A spray tan or a good sunless tanning lotion is definitely a great idea. Legs look a lot more toned with a tan and it also hides little imperfections like spider veins, uneven color, etc. that most of us have. If you go for it, remember to exfoliate the skin the day before so the color is absorbed evenly.

Last edited:
Try eating asparagus the day before, even though it makes your pee smell, it will work as a diuretic to reduce the bloat. Don't eat too much fiber it will bloat your belly. Lemon water also helps with fluid retention, caffeine can make things worse and make your face look dry, so avoid that.

Turbo Barre should be the first option in my opinion and you should also consider the Barre section of Lower Body Blast. Xtrain Legs has a barre bonus, but I don't consider it as challenging as the two previously mentioned. I also find that leg portions done on the floor slim my legs better than standing leg work unless the standing leg work is high rep/super light weight. The floor portion of Gym Style Legs is one of my favorites. Also, If you're going to focus on the legs and train them on a daily basis for a few days I would stay away from heavy weights, you will not recover properly and might retain some water as well. I would add some kickboxing if you like that. Kick, Punch and Crunch is great. Kickmax has a good toning segment at the end which is high rep/no weight and leg focused. These are my recommendations, but there are a lot more options if these are not for you. I hope this helps. Good luck. :)

Totally agree here - I find heavy weights cause swelling and puffiness in the legs - Barre segments and lighter weights - high reps...stop eating after 6 or 7 at night :D

Hi Candice,
I'm dying to know - how did your surprise event go?? Did you manage to achieve any toning results or at least achieve "the desireable look" you were after? I hope you had fun regardless,
Jamie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.