20lb weighted vest

nightowl81

Cathlete
Does anyone have Cathe's 12-20lb weighted vest? Do you like it? Is it comfortable? Is it easy to take on and off? I'm thinking of getting it to use mainly for leg work (ChaleanX, maybe Meso 3) and maybe at 12lbs I can use it for walking but some reviews I read said it's not good to have all the weight on the shoulders.

I have it, and use it for Meso 3, and did pull it out once for PS. I think it's comfortable! Great addition if you want to go heavier with legs and dont' want to load the barbell! HTH :)

Iris

I purchased the adjustable weighted vest this summer and I love it. I use it to increase the amount of weight that I lift for squats without having to load a heavier barbell and lift over my head. I find it to be comfortable. You will only have it on for a short period of time as you rotate through the exercises. It is easy to put on and take off.

I have it and ordered it from Walmart. I don't know if it comes in different sizes, but my only complaint is that it isn't snug enough onto my body. I actually use my the rope from my robe to tie it closer to my body. I especially have to do this if I use it for Cardio workouts and running. Otherwise the price is good, it's nice to be able to change weights and add intensity to my workouts.

I have the Cathe weighted vest and it bothers my shoulders immensly. I think it might have just been me but I wore it over a two week period and was in such pain I had to have two massages. Like I said, maybe it was just me but I haven't worn it since because of the shoulder pain.

I have it and ordered it from Walmart. I don't know if it comes in different sizes, but my only complaint is that it isn't snug enough onto my body. I actually use my the rope from my robe to tie it closer to my body. I especially have to do this if I use it for Cardio workouts and running. Otherwise the price is good, it's nice to be able to change weights and add intensity to my workouts.

Jenn, is the vest sold at Walmart the same as the one sold on Cathe's site? Just curious because mine fits me really well--and I have a petite torso (my XS HRM strap is too loose and slides down). Maybe I'm too worn out from the weights to notice, though! :eek: But mine seems to fit great!

To nightowl81, I love the vest. I find it comfortable and very easy to take on/off b/c it has a velcro strap. I must admit that the first time I used it I felt lower back pain afterwards. That has not happened since and I think it was b/c I was not used to the vest and let that affect my form. I also like that it adds some cushioning so that the bar of the barbell does not dig into my shoulders and neck.

I use the vest only for legs because I personally don't want to add any extra weight to my joints when walking or running. May work for some and I think the instruction manual for the vest says it could be used that way, but I prefer not to. But it has been tremendously helpful in workouts from MM to STS to GS Legs, and for things like walking lunges. Truly, I use it all the time.

Jenn, is the vest sold at Walmart the same as the one sold on Cathe's site? Just curious because mine fits me really well--and I have a petite torso (my XS HRM strap is too loose and slides down). Maybe I'm too worn out from the weights to notice, though! :eek: But mine seems to fit great!

I am pretty sure it's the Cathe one. I came in her box. Does in come in more than one size? maybe I have men's??? It seriously floats on me, but if I use the tie to tighten it up, it's fine. I just kind of gotten used to using that way and didn't think anything of it.

Now I am really wondering why mine is so big???

I am pretty sure it's the Cathe one. I came in her box. Does in come in more than one size? maybe I have men's??? It seriously floats on me, but if I use the tie to tighten it up, it's fine. I just kind of gotten used to using that way and didn't think anything of it.

Now I am really wondering why mine is so big???

If it came in Cathe's box--orange box, Cathe's face on the cover with the Altus logo--then it's probably the same. I don't think they come in sizes. As I've been thinking about it, here are some things that might account for the differences: 1) I always use it at the 20lb level, so I am never adjusting the weights. I bet it would feel more loose if I had less weight in there. 2) I make sure the velcro is fastened as tight as possible AND I pull the 2 front straps over and around my . . . er, chest area ;) . . . That placement of the strap helps a lot.

Here in Phoenix they have the weighted vest at Ross. My question is does it fit over someone with a larger chest size? For example, I'm a 42DD, not sure if it would adjust that much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.