2 questions

pinkquinn

Cathlete
I need a recovery drink....the BEST one. I am working sssssoooo friggn' hard I need help recovering. What types of protien do you all recommend and what type of recovery drink do you recommend. I watched the shakology video and it looks pretty good as meal replacement-or is that just hype

Also I have 2 I have 2 more disks of STS till I'm finished and then plan to do insanity as is. Did you guys lose your STS results just doing insanity.

OK so its way more than 2 questions.

I am kicking around getting a new program. Specifically p90x or p90x plus. Does anyone have experience with these.

As you can see I am kicking it up a knotch from the couch potatoe that I was and need help from you experts:D

I will post my results with pictures YAY!

thanks in advance for your expertise

Hi pinkquin

Hi Pinkquin,
good for you!! you almost done with STS. and so cool you are going to post pictures!!!! About the recovery drink, what I'm drinking is voluminaize during the workout and after I have a smooth whit frozen fruit and protein(MyFusion gaspari) and BCAA and L-Glutamine powder. and so far is working for me, and rigth now I'm doing Insanity 2th month as it is, the first month I did mix with meso 2 because I was afraid of loosing what I got doing STS.
But as now I don't think I'm loosing anything because I try to do upper body as well on the days that I have time, but the first week I was so tired from the Insanity workout I couldn't do anything, now I'm fine I just need the time, I like it, I like the results so far.
Probably next time I do Insanity I will do as it is for 60 days, I can't get bore with this exercises is a lot to improve every time I go down,;) for real plank positions.
I know you have STS and now Insanity I don't know if you are going to like P90X or any of those, but you can always try if you don't like you can return it.
I have P90X but after STS i won't be doing that one, that's just me maybe you like it...
Good luck pinkquin.

thanks Eunice!

What would you recommend then for a program after insanity. I am just starting my dvd collection and I need something to do when I am finished?

another cathe program? ...what are some of the things you have or what do you like.

I have almost every Cathe DVD I'm missing some of the old ones,
Do you have 4 day split?
Gym style?
or some of the new ones.
body max 2
low impact circuit butt & guts
I like power hour
Pyramid upper body & lower body
super sets + push and pull.
I have all of this and I always use them.
But if you want to go for P90X+ I have seen some informational and it looks good.
I really don't have anything bad to say about Tony hes so funny!!

Recovery drink: personally I use Spirutein which is a soy-based one. I tried a whey-based one and it gave me terrible heartburn. I'm a bit intolerant of lactose, so I don't know if that was the problem, but the soy products don't give me heartburn. One thing you might consider is seeing if your local store has single-serve packets. My Vitamin Cottage has these and I've been able to try a variety of brands and flavors to zero in on the one I enjoy. Whole Foods has sample sizes, too, I think. And they have a house brand which is better priced than some of the others.

P90X: I've started this program after doing STS and I like it. I'm mainly doing the weight training and walking the dog for my cardio (!). If you could borrow a DVD you might do that since Tony rubs some folks the wrong way. I think it's good to mix up trainers if you can find folks you like. I don't have a problem with Tony and think he does a good job of sensible motivation (do your best and forget the rest, that sort of thing). Yet he stresses pushing yourself to achieve great results. What a lot of folks do to overcome Tony burnout is to sub other cardio and yoga for his stuff. I would recommend this product as a good, solid alternative to the great programs Cathe has.

thanks geomom

I walked my sweet dog lucy for cardio at the beginning of sts. I couldn't manage anything else because i was sooo cooked. I added insanity for the last 2 weeks of sts and it helped me do the plyo legs. I couldnt do them previously because I felt like I was going to toss my cookies.

Tony seems funny (which goes a long way in my book) and it looks like he is person who gets RESULTS. I may take a couple of months to save and then get p90xplus and cathes 4 day split since Eunice recommended it.

I am also going to go to whole foods to get some samples. I used to get Jay Robs protien there when i felt rich...it was soooooooo delish.

Pinkquinn, I thought about you this morning when I read on Yahoo that some researchers in Britian found chocolate milk to be more effective than protein drinks in allowing bicyclers to take a second ride four hours later. I'm sure I'm horribly misquoting that, but the point was chocolate milk is a good alternative to recovery drinks! I think I might try that chocolate soy milk (mildly lactose intolerant) just to mix things up in a delicious way! (should I have said "whey"?)

Also, I don't know anything about the P90X plus program. Is it a complete program like the original P90X? That's the one I'm doing.

do you think it has enough protien? or should i add a scoop of powder?

whoa nice excuse to drink choco milk.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.