17 year old son has to eat his words!!!

mj051279

I was doing MIS last night using my brand new birthday gift - a barbell. I only had 15lbs on it since this was my first time to use it. My 17 year son walked through and made a couple of comments about what a wimp I was because of the light lbs. I just ignored him and continued my workout. When I finished the entire tape (yahoo!) I made him come downstairs and try the upper body. HA-HA-HA! He couldn't even finish the first 2 segments of chest & back using the same lbs I was. Quote: "I have to admit this is tough Mom - I'm sweating - my left arm hurts"! He couldn't believe Cathe was using a 35lb barbell and 20lb dumbells. Kept saying "Nah No Way!" You should have seen my victory dance around the room. For at least a little while - I had respect from a teenager!!!! What a great feeling!!!!!!!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-02 AT 06:30PM (Est)[/font][p]right on. you show the little snot who's boss!
:-gloat
kathy

Forgot!

Sorry, I forgot to wish you a Happy belated Birthday!!! I also got a barbell for my birthday this month. Isn't it great to get something we love & will truly use? What day was your SPECIAL day??? (Mine was the 15th.)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Forgot!

Happy Late B-day to you Debbie. My SPECIAL day was the 18th. Isn't the barbell cool? Looks great sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace.

MJ051279-
That hits so close to home here with out brood of teenagers! In fact right now My son has 4 guys over , and they have to wait until I am done with my Cathe work out before they can use the TV in my rec room!

Judy

Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

Great story! I loved the part about your victory dance and the barbell in front of the fireplace. I imagine most of our homes look like that. :) Heather

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-02 AT 10:05AM (Est)[/font][p]I love these stories too! You showed him who's the MOMMA! lol!

Don't ya'll just love the friends and family who see your tape playing or whatever and they say, "Oh, I could do that.":-rollen Yeah, Right!;-)

Keep Pumpin' Nancy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.