12 Week Challenge/05-05/Week 3

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Karen – I was thinking about purchasing some of Mindy’s workouts but haven’t – I really am anxiously waiting for new Cathe’s – I am so looking forward to it! And I do love my high carb days too! Recipe looks great!

Lori – I love Cathe workouts for the same reason and also because she is so darn loveable – she has a wonderful personality and she really motivates me! I did not know you were worried about a miscarriage – I hope all is well.

Wendy – I agree that Lori will be in trouble if she wins! Actually, we will be in trouble if she wins! I haven’t used my rebounder in a while – I need to get it out, which reminds me that I have jumped rope in two weeks and I was working up to a solid 30 minutes I bet I have to start over!

Gayle – Glad your legs are all better!! Ouch on the pyramid LB. That one makes me hurt – I absolutely hate leg presses but do them …….

Gloria – Glad to enable you! Enjoy your day off!

Heather – Please don’t give up, keep on truckin……we are all here to help and I keep messing up so do not feel alone here!!!! You encourage me daily!

Heidi – There is a lot here isn’t there – I am glad I can post early!!!

Ali – Congrats on the weight loss!!!! And also on your cerfitication!

SunnyD – I have preordered Ripped to the Core and I saw a preview of it on my new Slim and Lean DVD and it looks fabulous!!! I think it is going to be really good!

Sheila – I have not tried the Booty Ballets….do you like them? I love Get Ripped, I go heavier than they do and it makes it “ouch”!!! Your turbokick sounds great – you are awoman after my own heart!

Jenn – Glad your clothes are feeling better! And also that things will get back to normal!

Jean – I am in central also but I am early to bed and early to rise….Glad to see you

Food For Yesterday
It was my high day:
B - oatmeal, protein powder, strawberries, string cheese
S - boiled eggs and whole wheat toast
L - shrimp, slice whole wheat, green beans, orange
S - chicken breast, spinach and tomato salad
D - tuna, apple, whole wheat bread

Workout for Today
Rest!

I am really tired today so I am resting and finishing out the weekend - have great day!

Good Morning Kathy and everyone to follow:)

Kathy, you beat me here today:p I tried to stay up later last night b/c I wanted to sleep in but it didn't work.I still woke up early. Oh well, I just had a small bowl of cereal and then I am going to get to my workout.
There is no reason for me to be worried about m/c its just me being a weirdo:) LOL It happens all to often, but its never happened to me. So yeah, it is in the back of my mind but with each passing day I get a little more calm even though I know I am not out of the woods yet.

I had an o.k day yesterday. I wasn't feeling well for the most part but again, I could function and do things but I was dragging my feet.I also didn't have any supper yesterday b/c I knew how it was going to make me feel.Instead, I went for a walk and I had a bowl of cereal when I got home.I notice I don't crave sweets like I use to and now that I am off of work for the next 4 days, I have a feeling I won't be touching anything sweet.

Heather, how are you feeling today? I think everyone as bad days where they just want to throw in the towel but even if you can't see visible changes, your body is definitly benefiting from your workouts. And I know its hard when you are sleepy but everyone as off days.Just chaulk it up to having a bad day and start new.Im glad you are feeling better.

Wendy, whats on tap for today? Have you been going to the gym much lately. I beat you only go to see if there are any cute guys there. Remeber you are married and your not suppose to be up to any dirty tricks! LOL:)

Karen, that recipe sounds good.Im gonna have to print that one off to. I love sweet potatoes.

Ali, good job with the weight loss!

Sunnyd, your working from home? Thats great. I must have missed that. I didn't think you thought I was complaining but I have a friend who is 6 m preggo and she is constently complaining so I am trying not to whine to much and act like her! hahahaha I just don't like feeling icky all day.I have a few good hours in the afternoon/ evening but it doesn't last long. I feel better after I move or eat.

Gayle, how is the running coming along? Did you do many miles this week?

O.k I gotta run...gotta get my workout in. Oh I weighed today and I was 128.4 lbs hahaha lost and ounce. Im hoping the weight gain won't creep up until the get out of the first trimester....and once again....its only b/c of the wedding I am standing for.

Lori

:)

Hello girls.

Today is gym day for me...I'm gonna do one of my ITrain work outs today but I'll decide which one when I get there!:)

Kathy, I love my rebounder. It's just such a fun change! 30 straight mins of jumping rope!? WHOA! You go girl! I have thought about trying my hand at J/R but I don't think I could do it in my house w/o breaking things, LOL and I'd be afraid to do it outside for fear of being gauked at, pointed and laughed at!:p Enjoy your rest day!

Lori, I tend to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I think this week is only going to be twice though. It depends on the rotation I am doing. For my current one I am pretty much subbing in the gym for any straight cardio day and am doing weights and circuits at home. So you lost an ounce, ey? LOL, better than I could say for myself when I was pregnant! :7

Well, I'm off to drink my coffee and peruse the forums!

Cheers!:+

Good Morning Lori, Kathy and Wendy. Today is a semi rest day. I am going to do 60 min of yoga and that is it. My 5k is tomorrow and on the advice of the runner's in the other forum I should either rest, do yoga, or pilates. I am so nervous about tomorrow. Maybe it's excitemnet. I just couldn't sleep at all. I 'm sure tonight's sleep will even be worse.

Wendy- Let me know how the itrain goes. I'm thinking of considering them as well for a change up.

Off to do some yoga. Have a great day Kathy. Lori , Wendy, and others to follow.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hi, ladies. I didn't get back on the PC yesterday...busy with house stuff and kid stuff!

Lori-I haven't run at all this week, kind of taking a MENTAL break from running just for this week. I've returned to my other favorite cardio...step! But, I'll be back to running tomorrow.

This morning's workout was Body Max. Another oldie, but still it hurts! LOL. I did all sections except lower body weight segments.

Sorry (AGAIN) to be quick...time to prep for school.

I have my weekly weigh-in this morning. I'll keep you posted.

Gayle

p.s. I KNOW there were things I wanted to respond to from yesterday, but I'm drawing a blank....memory loss ALREADY! LOL

Good morning everyone! Just popping in to say "hi". Today is CTX 10-10-10 day, plus some pilates.

I hope everyone has a good one!

Heidi

Good Morning ladies!

Happy Cinco DeMayo sp?)!!! I have a baby shower at lunch (work) and another party tonight, so I need my willpower! This morning the lounge was FULL of food, and I did have a little, but it was fruit and I have only had a few bites.

Last night was Tee-Ball practice with the kids and I ran around as much as I could there, but no actual workout there. I am down another pound from last week, though. I will be back to full workouts tomorrow...

Have a super Friday everyone!
Jenn

Hi Gals,

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start today.
While I was working out, i felt a little ill but I must say, I am feeling pretty good today! I haven't stopped eating!
So I had my Dr's apt but there wasn't anything exciting to tell there. Just blood work,blood pressure and weight taken. I have to go back in a month.I thought I read somewhere that Dr's don't normally want to see you unless you are 3 monthes along...but I guess not my doc.

I did Imax 3 today, avoiding most of the intervals and GS back and shoulders.I am hoping to do biceps and legs tomorrow.

Lori:)

No Lori, It was the same with me. Each one of my kids my doctor wanted to see me right away and then once a month. Actually with my third child I went in for my yearly apt. and we told her we were getting ready to try and she gave me vitamins and I was back to see her again four weeks later being pregnant. I'm telling you with the last one it took me three weeks tops to get pregnant. Anyway my point is with all my rambeling is that my doctor wanted to see me right away with all of my kids and then the one month.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hi, ladies. I'm back just quickly to say HI!!! KEEP MOVING!

Lori-do you have an actual due date yet???

I'm back from my weigh-in and I'm down another 1.6 from last week. That puts me at 132.8 and only 2.8 to go till my personal goal of 130. WOO HOO! I'm excited about that! I can't WAIT to take after pictures! LOL (OK, I'm not THAT anxious, but you gotta believe it, right? LOL).

What workouts are you all planning for this weekend? Saturday I'm doing a tough tempo run that Karen so graciously WARNED ME ABOUT! LOL Then Sunday will be total body weights, perhaps ME or MM.

Gayle

Hey Gayle, how exciting your personal goal weight is right around the corner! Good for you!

Saturday I'm doing CTX Kickbox, and then Yoga Conditioning for Athletes - a lot of good stretching for the back and hips in that one.

Heidi

good morning all!
today's workout: p90x legs/back. PHEW! I've got the rest of the day to do ab-ripper and maybe a short walk!

Karen: you are doing a 5k tomorrow? how neat? what's your goal time?

Gayle: congrats on the weight loss! you and I weigh about the same.

Lori: stop eating! LOL..j/k

gonna plant flowers this afternoon in the front yard. I've done some cleaning this morning as well...keeping busy on my day off! WOOHOO!!

laters:)
take care:)
Gloria

Hey everyone.

Went to the gym this morning ready to do the ITrain treadmill w/o and I couldn't find an available treadmill...very odd! I usally don't have trouble but today the gym was extraordinarily crowded. Well, I jumped on an elliptical instead and did 40 mins climb work out instead. GREAT WORK OUT! Really gave me something to focus on. A goal. Something to do. The speed and resistance was changed just often enough to alleviate the boredom and really give a good work out! I was sweating like a pig! WOO! I am VERY happy with it! :) The instructor has a pleasant voice/personality. He's motivating w/o being over the top and dorky about it. LOL
My next opportunity for cardio at the gym will be on Tuesday I think. I will do the ITrain 40 min Treadmill w/o at that time.:)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi Girls,

What a nice afternoon. I love being off of work!:) I had a 2 hour nap, and then I went for a walk with a friend. And once again I am starving! Im waiting for DH to come home b/c we are going to a friends house for a BBQ.

Gayle, my due date is Dec 31 but by the Doc calender its Jan 2nd. I think I am going to keep my date, just b/c I don't want to give up those 2 extra days:) How silly is that? He said that I will have an ultra sound at 18 weeks and we will get a better understanding then.

Gloria, I couldn't stop eating.! LOL Actually I haven't really ate anything since lunch time so I consumed most of my cals in the morning.

Wendy,good job on the workout.I would like to have one of those machines!

Alright, must get going, hope everyone is having a clean and healthy day!!!
Lori:)

Hi ladies,

late checking in again}(
quickie, while both ds's are asleep. i can't believe my luck, this never happens.
this a.m. i attemped stepblast, just got the video and of course could not wait to try it! i only lasted for 30 mins. i can't believe it, however i am pms'ing and that always makes me so tired and drained.

Gayle- tomorrow i am doing either hsc or sj&P.

Lori- eating, mmmmmmm good, LOL

Just a quick check in before heading out the door.
meals today
1-raisin bran
2-whey shake with skim milk
3-yogurt
4-two grilled chicken breast-salad-potatoes-and watermelon
workout today was 20 min of cardio party.Tomorrow will be p90x chest and back or pyramid chest and back going super heavy 3-5 reps for the first three sets and then the reg. reps going down (10 and 12).I haven't decided I have p90x down but I change my mind alot.

Hi all! Got my CTX 10-10-10 workout in, but not pilates, oh well.

Meals today:

1. Go Lean cereal + blueberries, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, soy milk; grapefruit juice
2. muesli cereal with soy milk, 2 egg whites
3. Tuscan White Bean & Chicken soup, 1 rye crispbread
4. Moroccan Lentil Soup + 1 tsp. nat. pb for healthy fat
5. romaine salad with salmon and balsamic vinaigrette

Did well on my water intake.

Karen, I'll be thinking about ya tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Heidi

12-Week Check-in

I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching again last night. Today was my rest day, and I enjoyed it to the fullest. I ate some organic supreme dark chocolate with blueberries for a treat. I also purchased an inexpensive RCA compact DVD player during my lunch hour on a whim and was delighted to discover that it plays the High Step Training premixes with smooth transitions between the segments. :) It does not have the nice features of my more expensive Sony player, but it works for this. Now I have a DVD player just for High Step Training premixes. I need to work the premixes into my rotation now. ;-) I returned my Sony combo player Monday night and bought a Sony standalone DVD player. Now I have a VCR and 2 DVD players in my workout area just for Cathe! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.