100 Most Influential Person in Fitness

Jackie Warner? before Cathe? Jane Fonda? before Cathe? That list was compiled by people who just aren't in the know. I'm sorry. I just can't take it seriously.

But thanks for sharing! :)

Cathe should be on there, no doubt. Jane Fonda started a revolution but Cathe perfected it. Denise Austin?? Seriously.

. Denise Austin?? Seriously.

Denise Austin was one of the pioneers of the home workout video. If not for her, we might not have Cathe. It's people like Denise and Jane Fonda who were there to pave the way. Not taking a thing away from Cathe......I would bet you she's glad Denise came along too! :)

I've never owned one of Denise's videos, but I certainly give her credit for all that she's done for the fitness industry!

WOW!!...ok i understand that some people were pioneers for the home workout craze, but we have to remember that cathe has been around for just as long, if not longer than a lot of these people(some of whom i have no clue who they are)....i guess maybe it's b/c she's not on informercials every night and not pushing to promote all the gadgets and what nots out there.....oh well...who cares, we know she's one of the best out there.....and congrats to all of those that made the list:)

I don't know who alot of these people are, other's I'm surprised are on there... Bret Hobel, Barry Jay? While I like their workouts (think I'm one of the few who likes Revabs) I don't see how they influenced fitness besides just making some workouts and opening a few gyms.

I've wondered where Anna Benson fits in there; wasn't she the first one to make a workout with weights aimed towards women? Or was that Denise Austin? Wasn't Cathe the first to make a step workout or was it Gin Miller? Not trying to debate... just wondering who the real pioneers are.

Reading the comments below that list someone mentioned Richard Simmons isn't on there...he should be right up there with Jane Fonda I think. I didn't see Jack Lalanne, but it looks like the list is of people still alive today (maybe that's why no Anna Benson?)

I've not heard of many of these people. There seems to be a lot of motivational speakers and CEO-types on this list for some reason. I am guessing this is one of those sites where anyone can write what they want, like e-how or livestrong. I would take this list with a grain of salt. Call me a cynic, but the people who wrote this were probably compensated to include some of these people.

Suzanne Sommers is on this list...c'mon now. :rolleyes:

Cathe should be on the list....she has managed to influenced so many people without a reality show, infomercials, salepeople (aka "Coaches"), or pushing supplements, etc. She does it based on talent, heart, and staying true to herself!!!!

No Richard Simmons?

He was the first exercise guru to make exercise respectable for fat/frumpy people.

Cathe should be on the list....she has managed to influenced so many people without a reality show, infomercials, salepeople (aka "Coaches"), or pushing supplements, etc. She does it based on talent, heart, and staying true to herself!!!!

I agree, Cathe is genuine talent. She needs no Beach Body marketing fluff to sell her products.

Hmm this list is very interesting considering that I don't know who most of them are and many of them I can't stand like Dr. Phil, Jillian Michaels, and Jamie Oliver :mad:.

I agree that Richard Simmons should be on the list b/c he's one of the originators :D

I don't know how Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper are in the top 2 spots??? :confused:

I think Jane Fonda, and Denise Austin should by before alot of these folks :D.

Since Zumba is sweeping the nation how is it that Alberto Perez in at the bottm?? :confused:

Not sure Rachel Ray should be on here either.

I wonder how they came up with this list what the criteria was.

Weird list to me :(

While I completely agree that Cathe should be on this list, and most of this list is crap (Rachel Ray, seriously?!?!) if you read the first paragraph, last sentence, it does indicate the most important people this year in HEALTH and fitness. So, not just fitness people but those who have influence on health (mental and physical), motivation, etc. Hence, no Jack Lalane or Richard Simmons (still ridiculous). Jane Fonda is there because she just released a book, and Suzanne Somers is always releasing something (totally don't agree with that, but I know people who buy her stupid diet books). This list is based on overall reach - hence TV shows, strong networks or social media, books, etc. To say nothing of the obvious politics involved, as well.

While Cathe is the pinnacle in my personal estimation, I think she is a little more "elite" and "niche" than most of these other people, hence her not being on this list. If she got a celebrity endorsement or some infomercial, she'd be instantly on the list.

It's fine for me - she's my best kept "secret weapon!"

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.