# 10 - September 16

looking good

Cathlete
TGIF

I am so happy that it is FRIDAY!!!! Well dinner last night with hubby was good...not actually diet food...I had a pasta stuff with veal in a brandy cream sauce...so I think that says it all...

this morning;
english muffin with 1 tps of peanut butter.

got to go...will check back in later.

Therese

I didn't do bad this week at all - until last night. It was chilly yesterday and I had a craving for homemade chicken noodle soup. I made a huge pot, and put way too many noodles in it so it came out more like stew. Oh well.

Unfortunately, I then proceeded to eat about half the pot for the entire evening.

I woke up at 1:30 am with THE WORST stomach ache. Crossing my fingers for a better today.

Therese - I love cream sauces - I would have done serious damage with that too!

Therese - Do you realize you are two days behind?:p Today is the 18th not the 16th.;)

Debbie - You weren't alone on your slip. :(

I made Cream of Aspargus soup (which I stayed away from), but had purchased some wonderful bread to go with it and that was my down fall. Only had 1 1/2 slices, but I definitely didn't need the carbs, and I just ate too much in general yesterday. But the good part is no sugar!

This morning was Meso 3 Disc 27 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Workout was 67 minutes and burned 341 calories.

Morning!
Therese - I totally agree....TGIF!!!!

Debbie & Linda - Mmmmm....both your soups sound good! I hope your stomach is better today Debbie. :(

Well, I've had a not so good week eating wise. Pretty much the same ole same ole which isn't getting me anywhere, lol! I've also had the day from you know where already and it's only 9:00 am. I got up late, started running and after 2 miles just wasn't into it so I decided to do the next STS workout in my rotation. I was supposed to do Meso 1 Back/Triceps but pulled out Meso 2 Back and Biceps instead. I'm scratching my head wondering why we're doing pull ups and why doesn't my print out match the DVD exercises...DOH! LOL, at that point I said uncle and quit to go upstairs and take a shower.

Then I get to work and start eating my breakfast, look down.....and half of it is on my shirt! Ugh, now I get to walk around with big ol' stains down the front of myself all day, lol. I'm hoping the rest of the day gets better...it has to!!!

Here's what I've done since Monday (no change in the scale): :(

Tues: STS Meso 1 - Disc 1 (C/S/Bi)
Wed: Ran 5 miles
Thurs: STS Meso 1 - Disc 3 (Legs)
Fri: Ran 2 miles

Oh, and I'm so freakin' sore from Meso 1 Legs...yikes! My glutes are screaming! :eek:

TGIF!!
I've been busy, busy, busy today and it's not even 10:00 am! No workout this morning, but it's okay because I always get longer workouts in on Saturday and Sunday. So I'll just double up tomorrow. Definately Muscle Endurance and probably a 3 - 5 mile run.

Still no weight loss to report:( . . . . . as usual. I swear, I turned 35 this year and I think my new 'normal weight' is my current weight with the 10 extra pounds because it won't go away for NOTHING! But, I'm not gaining and at this point I'm happy with that.

I was wondering if any of you have the supersets/push pull dvd. It's one of the few dvds from Cathe that I don't have. I really, really don't like weight workouts (and I KNOW I need to lift weights to LOSE weight!) so I just avoided that one when I got the Body Blast series, but my go-to total body workout (Muscle Endurance) is getting a bit old and routine so I need to switch it up. I have and don't like MM, PH, MIS, Pyramids, GS workouts. But I tivoed (is that a word??!) SS on FitTv and it looked okay. PLUS - I LOVE the music in the Body Blast series. So . . . . . if I love Muscle Endurance, would I like/love SS/PP??!

Have a great Friday everyone!! I guess Cathe is on the forums now - gotta go see what she's saying!
BBL,
Erin

Kathy - Looks like you and I are having the same kind of day! Hope it gets better for you and hope we both see some progress on the scale soon! :D:D

Hey all. I forgot to check in yesterday! Anyway my weight was down 3 pounds this week! Yay. I am not counting as part of the challenge because I weighed at the beginning of the week. I will start my ticker this Monday.
My eating has been right on all week. Workouts good. I ran yesterday. Today will be an easy stretch and walk day since I have a 5k tomorrow.
Have a good week-end all!

quick hi!

This morning I did C&W abs,Imax2 (1-4) step & blasts, Plyo legs disc26 for about 20min. then I finished with Meso 1 disc 3 legs the bonus part. I burned 552 cals.I will definitly be doing this combo again.

Eating is good.

gotta go,

Debbie and Linda - sounds like yesterday was a soup day. Both soups sound delicious! I too made soup, it's a traditional polish soup and it may sound weird at first but it's quite tasty. It was Dill Pickle Soup! It does have some half and half cream in it so it's not the healthiest choice but I managed to keep it to one bowl. I did have one piece of rye bread with it. I realized that for this to work for me it has to be a gradual change with me mostly making healthy choices realizing that occasionally I will indulge in something I like. We only live once and although I do want to loose 7-10 #, I would rather do it slowly and keep my sanity rather than be starving and cranky every day. All we can do is take it one day at a time :D

Yesterday's workout was upper body, waist and abs from Squeeze Stronger followed by a 30 minute run.

Today all I had so far was yogurt with all bran buds and a coffee
Lunch today will be soup from last night (because I like it!)
Dinner tonight is supposed to be sushi - I just need to be careful and not overdo it at the restaurant.

Fridays are usuallly my off days so no workout planned for me but I will pick it back up tomorrow.

BTW, has anyone here tried the Insanity workouts? It looks pretty intense and I'm considering getting it. Any thoughts or reviews? Thanks

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning! Finally Friday! Phew!

So I checked in on Monday and then the week flew by. I've done pretty decent eating this week (once I got all of the chocolate chip cookies eaten. haha) More importantly, I've actually got in 4 workouts this week. That's big for me since I usually put "my time" last and then I'm too tired at 9:30pm.

Last night DH took the kids to his dad's while I was working a concession stand. I got home before they did so I jumped onto the treadmill and watched The Biggest Loser that I dvr'ed. Not sure if any of you watched it, but Abby's story had me sobbing. My biggest nightmare is for something to happen to my children & DH. Her attitude, strength and words were very moving and motivating.

Tana

ops! I did the date wrong and I CERTAINLY do not want to go back to WEDNESDAY!!!:p

All this soup talk is making me want soup but none around maybe this weekend I will make chicken soup.

I have not stepped on the scale...its like I want to know but don't want to know because if it has not moved :mad: Althougth I have stayed away from the sweets I definitely been diving into the carbs more than a should and this is always what gets me. If I restrict my carbs the weight comes off BUT I SO LOVE MY CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know everything in moderation...blah blah blah ;)

Have a busy weekend with my children baseball and softball touraments so I will try to check in.

Therese

OK so now I will post in the correct thread.... :)

I am down 1lb this week! :) I got in 3 good bike rides and PUB. I really need to step up the workouts more and start getting my booty out of bed in the am. I was doing great when on STS with getting up early - so I guess need to get back to that.

I am doing another bike ride today and have some serious football tailgaiting tonight and this weekend - so my goal is to keep the food in check and count every last pt of alcohol. :) I am also going dancing tonight - so will get some good exercise in there too!

TGIF!!!

TGIF!! Off to the gym to get that weight workout in I've been threatening you all with all week. Eating's been OK, now comes the dreaded weekend of food. Lobster tonight. THe local seafood store has it on sale for 5.99/lb. As long as I keep the melted butter away I should be in good shape. Dinner out tomorrow at a friends. I'll have to bring my clean appetizers just in case.

Debbie and Laura, I'm popping in In the Ring tomorrow morning. I'll let Ms. Bento pummel me around for my cardio.

Sunday may need to be a soup day here as well. The chicken noodle sounds great.

Erin, based on your post re weight workouts, I think you would like SS/PP very much. I'm actually the opposite and prefer the ones you hate. Darn, we should have gotten together and swapped!!;)

Enjoy!!

Good morning! Finally Friday! Phew!

Last night DH took the kids to his dad's while I was working a concession stand. I got home before they did so I jumped onto the treadmill and watched The Biggest Loser that I dvr'ed. Not sure if any of you watched it, but Abby's story had me sobbing. My biggest nightmare is for something to happen to my children & DH. Her attitude, strength and words were very moving and motivating.

Tana

Love me some Abby too! I couldn't imagine what she has been through and I just LOVE her attitude!!

Hi everyone and Happy Friday!

I have a question: when you post a reply, do you reply to the original poster, or to the last one? Just curious ....

I'm pretty happy - I went to my center to weigh in yesterday and was actually down 1/2 a pound (from 2 weeks ago). It's taken me since February to lose 23 lbs, which seems excrutiating, but it definitely adds up!

I did 4DS/HIS Circuit premix this morning and with my low-impact modifications, burned a whopping 138 calories. Jeez. It probably wasn't a good idea to go and make Tollhouse cookies bars and partake in too much cookie dough. I'm thinking it was a bit more than the 138 calories. :) It's my only planned slip-up for the day, and I'm taking the bars to a function this afternoon (and LEAVING them there!).

Elaine - I liked your workout yesterday - are you trying to get as much in as possible before your root canal? Sorry you have to go through that.

Denise - Your workout ADD was hard to follow! Maybe we should just pick your workout here and tell you what to do. LOL ...

Kathy - I hope your glutes are feeling better. And you found a new shirt. :)

LaDonna - 3 lbs - WTG!

Anne - down 1 lbs - Awesome!

Dayna: My root canal won't be until late Oct./ Nov. I 'm holding off so my insurance will pick up most of it in Jan. It's not full blown pain yet! And I really don't want to do it.:(
I've been trying to get a cardio leg WO in twice a week. Cathe had mentioned the Imax2 and Plyo leg combo a while back. I am a pear shape and this type of combos helped me in the past to wittle my hip and thigh area. I sure hope it works this time.:D

The weekend is coming and this is when I loose control. I am nervous but I am determined to do my best. Tonight is pizza night. This will be my cheat meal. We are going apple picking on Sat. and I will hold back on the carmal apple.(my favorite). Probably not the best thing to eat with my tooth.

Anyone here work evenings? If so what do you do when you get home?
I am always starving and snacking at 11:45pm does not fit in my eating plan. Any ideas?

Hi all...

Geez...You guys are all making me really want some soup! I've got a great Butternut Squash Leek soup recipe somewhere that I think I'll pull out for this weekend. My eating has been ok, but could be better.

Well, congrats to all on your achievements so far!

Kathy - I did the same thing once when doing STS - It's so confusing when your w/o card doesn't match the exercises they're doing!! LOL

Dayna - I think I've got my focus back. Did Gym Style Legs yesterday. Had forgotten how great that w/o is...although my legs are sure remembering it today! That would be pretty funny to have you guys select my workouts every day.:D Kinda like a "Workout Roulette"!!!

I did yoga this morning and I'm doing Kick Punch and Crunch tonight. Another favorite.

LaDonna & Anne - Congrats on your weight losses! WTG!

Laura - I hope your tummy is feeling better.

Elaine - The Imax2/Plyo Leg combo sounds great. I hope it works for you.

Well, I have to run. Take care everyone and have a great weekend!

Hi everyone. I didn't lose any weight this week and was very disappointed because I had a great week. And last night we went out to eat to Ruth Chris's steak house. They have this awesome sweet potatoe cassarole. YUMMY!! It is loaded with butter, brown sugar and pecans. So who knows where my weight is today.

I have no appetite today though so it may negate yesterday.

chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.