1 hour mark

LisaMarie

Cathlete
Does anyone else feel like a "slacker" when you do a workout less than an hour long? I know it's absolutely ridiculous to feel that way! Prior to being pregnant and having my son last September, I averaged 6-8 hours/week. Now I'm averaging 45 minutes, 5-6 days/week. Even though I know I'm working hard during those 45 minutes (either STS, step, or running), I feel like I'm loafing because I'm not going to 1 hour! Between working full-time, getting to bed early since my son isn't STTN, and wanting to spend time with him at night, I just am not managing my one hour.

Anyone else have this workout "guilt"?

lisa

Yes I do! Even if I do two 30min workouts in one day, I still feel like I was "taking it easy" even if it was a pretty intense workout. I need to get out of that mindset. Prior to ever being pg, I would do 90 min then with kids I did at least an hour and now with three kids, it's like lucky I get 30-45min in at a time. I think as long as we're staying active and working out, that's all that matters.

Lisa

Totally. I usually do 45-60 min of cardio and strength training (30+) minutes. If it's a recovery day, I'm on the mat doing yoga for 90-120 minutes. However, I'm 8+ months preggo and the German docs are amazed at how great of shape I'm in (sorry if that sounds arrogant, but I just had my appt. yesterday). The doctor said to me, "The less you put on, the less you have to take off" (I've put on 6 pounds and 4 are baby). The midwives are pleased and they all commented that it's because of the fitness. Keep it up by just doing something.

And ITA with Lisa, 45 min 5-6 days is awesome!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.