:♥: CHEETAHS :♥: Half Marathon Countdown 3/16-3/22

Brighton

Cathlete
Good morning, Cheetahville! :)

Just kickin' things off. Gonna grab a bite to eat and BBL.......

Happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Things here are going pretty well... No run on Saturday due to the general soreness in the knee. DH was an angel and massaged it out for me a couple of times. Today I am feeling much better. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to go for an easy 5K today or if I should give it one more day. Right now I'm leaning to the one more day plan. I really don't want a set back right before the half.

My friend Kelly flies in Thursday night from Chicago, and then she, DH & I will drive down to Canyonlands Friday. The race is Saturday, and we're planning on coming home Sunday morning. So I'll probably be MIA from Thursday night - Sunday afternoon. I'm nervous & excited. I don't have any great expectations time-wise, I'll just be thrilled to get across the finish line. ;) I'm very certain I'll have to stop and stretch/walk for a few stretches just to avoid injury. But that's okay.

Laura: I am so sorry to hear about your friend with breast cancer. You're so right, it is tough-- no matter how close/far you are. My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you. Thanks, I'm doing okay... we've had a couple months to get used to the idea that this was probably going to be the outcome. You just put things in God's hands, and while it's not an easy thing it will be good to know she's not suffering anymore. My heart just breaks for her husband and 3 year old little boy. That's the hardest thing for me right now. I definitely will be thinking of her during the half! Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) I think things will go well. This week I'm just trying to stay ITB pain-free, I think if I can go into this totally fresh that things will be okay. I hope the lab tests come back quickly for you so you can start feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of get well vibes coming your way. And I know what you mean-- I am such a dog person, it would be hard to see all the pups go! But how nice that they won't be too far removed.

Hi to everyone in the den! Hopefully BBL.
Happy training and have a great day!

The lab results are back, and the good news is that I know what I have and can start treating it. The bad news is that what I have is nasty. It's an amoeba--which is a fierce little parasite. Some of them can be gotten rid of with one dose of medicine, or even 2 or 3 days worth. But for what I have, you have to take nasty metal-tasting medicine for TWO WEEKS! Sigh.

Hurray for modern medicine that allows us to pinpoint exactly what we have. I am always so thankful whenever I'm sick over here. I just think, "What if I were one of the folks out in the village? I would be DEAD!" Not trying to be morbid, but it is just so amazing to me what illnesses would've killed folks even in the US a generation or two ago. I was just doing history with DS and we were reading about the Lewis and Clark expedition. One of the men died, and looking back they think it was appendicitis!! We are so blessed.

That said, we still have limitations--our dear friends with cancer fighting a losing battle for their lives.

Well, I've gotten all philosophical. I'm in a good mood now, though, just thinking that I'm finally on the road to recovery.

Brighton--Hurray for your angel DH and the massage!! :D Take care of yourself this week!

Hello to Wendy, Wendi, Linda, and any others who pop in.

Good Evening Girls.

I got in a run today. 3 miles of intervals. It felt good and NO KNEE PAIN! :D I am going to try to grab a short yoga and/or stretching session later on after DS goes to bed. I'll probably opt for Recharge from CLX cause it's only 20 mins. Don't think I'll be in the mood for much more by then.

Brighton: I am getting so excited for you! The race is coming and you are ready! You'll do fantastic! Enjoy!

Laura: Sorry about your little amoeba friend. Yes, you are very lucky to be in a place where modern medicine/technology is in place.

Good night folks!

Morning!

I got in Recharge last night as planned and my legs actually DO feel better for it this morning! That being said, it's time to put a hurtin' on them again today as BC #2 is comin' at me this afternoon. Aaaahhh..hurts so good! ;):D

Hope all is well and I'll be back later!

Good morning, girls!

4.gif

2.gif
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
2.gif

4.gif

Today will be that easy 5K. :) I'm feeling pretty good-- the soreness is pretty much nonexistent today. Hopefully it will stay that way if I don't push things. :eek: (Repeating in my head: "I will NOT push things! I will NOT push things! ;)) Then the usual... yoga & rolling.

Laura: I am so happy that they were able to figure out the source of your GI woes and that they'll be able to get rid of your--as Wendy said-- "little amoeba friend." I have to admit that made me chuckle a bit. I am so sorry you have been ill and that you have to take that nasty-sounding medicine for two weeks! :( But ITA, we are so blessed by modern medicine!!! I will be thinking of you and hoping that you will be back in action for P90X soon!

Wendy: Awwww, thanks for the confidence boost. :eek::) I am excited. It's weird, I was really nervous last week, but I'm starting to not feel so anxious about things. Hopefully that's a good sign. Great workouts, and HOORAY for no knee pain!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Well, I'm off to get the kids ready for story time at the library. :)
Have a wonderful day, all!

Good Morning!

Burn Intervals is on tap for me after we go get our taxes done this morning. Then tonight is Centergy class.

I am feeling pretty good but the scale isn't agreeing with me. GRRR. It's the story of my life lately. I should just toss the darned thing! :rolleyes:

BBL girls!

Afternoon, Cheetahs!

Aw, Wendy, don't worry about the scale. Those darn things. We all know how you've been tearing it up... I'm sure it'll start working in your favor soon. Yay for getting taxes done! I always feel so much better after that's done and over with. Have fun at your class tonight! :)

Yesterday's run went well-- a nice easy 5K... reigned myself in and didn't push things. Massaged the leg really well after, and today things seem to be good. Verrrrrrrrrry happy about that. :D Today was yoga-- perhaps another short run tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone-- Laura, thinking of you and hoping you're on the mend.

TTFN!

Hey Brighton! So who is your yoga instructor choice? Enjoy your run today if that's what you do. I think I will be running today too. I am putting BC #3 off until tmrw. I think I need the break from lifting for today.

BBL!

Good morning girls!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had more time for personals, but I've gotta jet... We're off to Canyonlands now!!!!!!!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Wish me luck, I'll be thinking of my Cheetah pals during the race!

All the best! :)

Hey there Cheetahs! :)

We got back this afternoon and I am BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all the race went well. My knee & I conquered the hills of Canyonlands and lived to tell the tale! I went a 2:17, so not too bad considering I had to take a couple breaks to stretch out and such. I will be back tomorrow to give the story in full and I'll have to PM you guys with some links to the pix from the trip. :)

Right now I am going to eat and GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.