♥ ♥ ♥ CHEETAHRIFIC ♥ ♥ ♥ 6/22-6/28

Brighton

Cathlete
*wanders in bleary-eyed with a yawn...*

Good morning, Cheetah babes! :) I survived the weekend! Huzzah! :D 18.4 miles later, I am totally spent. I was up for 39 hours straight, and our team finished the 188 mile course in 33 hours. I am doing good, just sore in my quads from my last 7.3 mile run-- up to the summit of Deer Valley ski resort and then down to the base. :eek: Overall I am doing really well-- not nearly as sore as I thought I'd end up-- the ITB held out fantastically. Hooray for that! :) All 3 of my runs were pretty fantastic... I also did 3.8 up a winding canyon road to Snowbasin ski resort (a 6% grade :eek:), & 7.3 past a lake starting at 4 am-- watched the sunrise as I ran... gorgeous! I was pretty proud of that first leg-- the 3.8... I averaged about a 10:30 pace... yay-- not too shabby for such an incline! :) I'll share some pix when I have the energy to upload. ;)

I'm pretty stinkin' tired from this weekend... so sorry if I'm a bit incoherent. Planning on going for a nice relaxing swim today to recover while DS is at preschool. Then taking a NAP this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Back from preschool!
I tried heading to the gym, but DD had a meltdown in the car-- didn't want to go. I think they just want to stick close to home after being away for a few days. Sigh... So I didn't get that swim in. Darn. Sounded really nice. I'll probably do some yoga & go for a walk tonight with DH. Nothing too intense-- the quads are screaming for mercy. ;)

Hey Brighton!

You did fantastic in the relay! I knew you would! I could never survive on no sleep like that! Did you have eats n coffee or something to keep you going all that time??? Sorry DD messed up your swimming plans. That's a toddler for ya. You never know how they will act from one day to the next! :rolleyes: LOL

Well, I've been doing my work outs. Since Friday this is what I've done:

Friday: A.M.: Interval X+, P.M.: Burn It Off
Saturday: Kettlebell Way 2 Manmakers X 3 (when I got home from AC in the evening)
Sunday: A.M.: 3 mile walk, P.M.: KPC combos only wearing weighted gloves
Today: Push Pull followed by High Step Challenge cardios 1-5 and then 1-3 again.

Good stuff! Tmrw will be cardio (a run) and abs at the gym with BF in the evening.

I went to AC with mom overnight from Friday evening to Saturday. She picked me up here at about 4pm on Friday. We got down there around 6, had a drink, had dinner and played until about midnight. Got up around 8am Saturday morning, got showered and dressed, got a quick breakfast n coffee and played until lunch time. After lunch we played again until it was time to leave around 3pm. I was home by 5. Quick hit but fun just the same! I think I lost more in the one overnight then I do in a full weekend because I have more time over a full weekend so I do more of other stuff (walking the boardwalk n shopping, etc) and less gambling! LOL

That's all for now!

Have a great night!

Afternoon, Cheetahs! :)
Well, back in action today-- still a little tired, but not sore anymore. I'm feeling pretty proud about that!!! :) I'm back into my MTC rotation-- did day 15's circuit today... HOLY COW!!! :eek::eek::eek: I don't know if it's because I'm tired from the weekend or if Jill just really stepped it up a level this week (probably both...) but it was TOUGH stuff. Followed it up with 35 min on the spin bike.

Wendy: Nice workouts! :) Glad you had a fun time in AC w/ your mom. Yeah... toddlers-- gotta love them! ;) Hopefully we'll have better luck at getting in that swim tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing well-- come and say hi sometime, Cheetah babes-- Wendy & I are feeling a bit lonely in the den! ;)

Hey Brighton.

I didn't get in an official work out y'day. Just a 30 min walk with BF. Today though I kicked some bootay! LOL I took Centergy this morning, did 30 Day Shred Levels 2 and 3 this afternoon (puke status!) and took a 20-30 minute walk this evening. I feel good and tuckered out now. Time to curl up with my book and fade off to dreamland! :)

Glad you are feeling good after your relay. You will probably feel a bit tired all week from the sleep deprivation. You'll be alright though. Perhaps the 2nd time you do that MTC circuit, it will seem easier! One can hope anyway! ;)

I brought Joey to the gym with me today. They said he was crying on and off for the entire hour because his one friend there didn't want to play with him today. He's so sensitive. Poor kid. I try to explain things to him so he isn't so hurt by it but at 4 yrs old he just doesn't get it. :(

That's all for now.

Have a great night!

Hello!

Yesterday's work out was B&G standing exercises plus inner thigh leg lifts and calf raises followed by 45-60 mins of walking...and YES my bum is VERY VERY sore today! LOL

I just finished today's work out: SWAT Extreme Weight Loss and Fat Burning (lots of cardio, some light upper body weight work, lots of push ups and some non-weighted lower body work) followed by One on One Training with Jackie: Upper Body.

:D:eek: AWESOME WORK OUT! :eek::D

Hope all is well with you Brighton!

BBL or tmrw!

Hey Wendy! Still here!!! :D
Sorry, it's been crazy... I'm hosting my sister's bridal shower up in SLC tomorrow, and I've been running around trying to get a million things done, keep up with MTC and all that good stuff. It's going well. :) Just ready for a little rest!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh------ (((HUGS))) to Joey!!!!!!!!!! :( Poor little guy. That is just so sad-- my heart breaks for little things like that. I hope he's doing better.

Well, I've gotta run-- I have a MTC circuit on tap for today in between all the errands I need to get done. :) Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, just popping in to say hey!
So.... is it just me or do you feel the thread is kind of on life support these days? :( It's fun seeing everyone on FB... guess that's just where everyone's going these days. Do you think we should keep on burning the torch, Wendy?
We're having a great weekend! My sister's bridal shower was yesterday-- I hosted it at my aunt's place in SLC. It was a lot of fun. My family & I spent the rest of the day walking around town-- I was in heels, carrying one kid or another most of the time... does that count as a calf workout??? ;):p:D My right calf is actually pretty sore today.
Thinking about doing some yoga today-- it's a rest day from MTC. I have 2 weeks left! So far I'm down 8 pounds. :cool: Hooray for that! Another 7 and I'll be back to my weight when I got married. That's HUGE for me.
Hope everyone is doing well! BBL..........

Hey Brighton!!!! :)

Oooohhhhh, don't even get me started on the GWF! I just purchased my THIRD pedometer! :eek:

Today's work out was a 2 mile walk this morning and Super Sets this afternoon. I may go out for another 20-30 min walk in a bit as my steps aren't where they should be right now...:mad:

Yesterday I ran 5.29 miles with Grace at the gym. :)

Yahoo for the 8 pound weight loss! You rock!

I can't seem to lose anything more then one pound per month! How sad is that!?! :rolleyes:

Glad you had fun at the bridal shower. Carrying kids around while in heels? Not fun! I'm not surprised you have a sore calf after that one. You are such a good mom. I'd probably tell him tough luck, you are walkin'! :p LOL

Yesterday we went to my mom's for a big family GTG/Party. It started at 1pm and we didn't leave there until about 9:30 at night. DS had a great time! He ran around like a crazy boy all day. He was EXHAUSTED when we left....Come to think of it, so was I! LOL I was drinkin' sangria all afternoon so that probably had something to do with it... :p

Last edited:
Active rest day today...3 mile walk. I've already made it to 10k steps so I can do nothing buy lie on the couch eating bons bons all evening now. ;)

I am putting together a plan for my work outs for the rest of the week right now so not sure what's on tap yet for tmrw...Today was supposed to be BFBM before I changed it to a rest day.

Hope all is well with you Brighton!

Hey, I know you mentioned possibly not continuing this check-in. If you want though, I am sure you'd be welcome over in my other check-in. It's called Damage Control. It's a small group of us that check-in. If you are interested, look it up and come say hello! If you want to make that your new home and discontinue this one, that would be okay with me. It's your choice though. I'll stay here with ya if you want too. :)

Just finished my work out:

Jillian's Shape Up: Front and Back work outs plus the first segment of Biggest Loser Yoga for a nice sweaty 80 minute challenge!

Time for a shower!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.