•▪▪• CHEETAH POWER •▪▪• 5/4-5/10

Brighton

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!!!!! :D:D:D

Just starting us off... I'm all caught up with personals so I'll be back post-workout to report! :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Brighton - Glad you enjoyed the girls night out! Good to have times like those. Bet the baby is adorable but what baby isn't? It rained all weekend here too and it's not looking too good for today. I'm not complaining though because we'll be crying for rain in another month or so. And, my new trees so needed a good soaking. Glad you enjoyed a lazy Sunday too. How's your friend?

I did get a 5 mile run in Saturday between the breaks in the rain. Then DBF and I were invited to a fish fry. Thank goodness that was held on an enclosed patio but it was still chilly. Yesterday was a rest day. Today, I did Tracey Staehle's Sculpt Sweatfest LB & Abs premixes and iClimb #3 20 minutes.

Have a nice day!

Evening Girls.

Brighton: Read the sad news on FB. I'm so sorry but I am glad her ordeal has finally ended peacefully. That poor girl. I can't even imagine what she has gone through...:( My thoughts will be with you over the next several days as I am sure you will be attending the services, etc. (((HUGS)))

Jackie: I suppose a chilly fish fry is better then a wet one, ey? Nice work out today. Hope you enjoyed your rest yesterday.

Today's work out was Lean Circuit #1 at 6am! I got through it without injuring myself. LOL I added my weighted vest to all of the exercises that involved lower body. It made a nice difference for most of them. I have a vest that goes heavier and may try it for a few of the exercises next time so I can torture myself a little bit more even! LOL Perhaps if I go heavy enough I won't need the extra leg work out this week. We'll see...:D

Hi ladies...
I just feel ill.... so sick at heart. Yes, Jen passed on around 6 am this morning. I am so happy that her spirit is free & at peace, but my heart just aches. I am going to miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

No workout today... just couldn't get myself motivated. Hopefully I can sleep hard tonight (may take something to make that a bit easier...) and get back on track tomorrow. I need to do something to combat all the emotional eating I've done today! :(:eek::(:eek:

Hope everyone is well, sorry to be so down today.

Last edited:
Thanks, Wendy...
1.gif

So, Tuesday today... Going to try and the regular routine in. I know the kids can sense the emotion in the house (both DH & I were very close to Jen, so we're both having a difficult time) so we're going to try and get to storytime at the library as usual. I missed y'day's workout, so I think I'm going to try and do a timesaver premix on GS BSB (what I missed y'day) and then do half of Imax 3 (what I have on the rotation for today). Then it'll be a danceparty/housecleaning afternoon. ;) Never underestimate the power of some good tunes. :)

The funeral is scheduled for Friday at 11... It is still so hard to fathom. Thanks you guys for being so incredibly caring & supportive.

Good Morning.

Leaving for the gym in just a few minutes to let Coach Sean kick my arse! :D

My weight is suddenly starting to move steadily in the right direction. I don't know what has caused the change but I'll take it! :)

Off I go but I'll be back!

Hello Cheetahs!

Wendy - Glad to ready you are injury free from doing your workout so early in the morning. LOL!! Those weighted vests come in quite handy. So happy for you that the weight is doing what it's supposed to. Guess shocking your body worked.

Brighton - So sorry to hear about your friend. ((((HUGS)))) She's no longer in pain and that has to be of some comfort. Saying prayers for the family and you. It's nice you want to keep the routine as normal as possible for the kids.

Today's workout was RW hip stabilizers, iTread #26 Fast & Flat, iTread #27 Drills and iStretch #24. I'm feeling my legs now.

Have a nice day!

Good Morning.

The scale is reporting another pound down this morning!!! I don't know if that is TRULY possible but it's been a long time since I've seen this number at all so I'll take it!!!! I am also quite pleased with the mirror these days as well! WOO HOO!!! :D:D:D

Jackie: Nice Itread combo you did y'day. Yes, the weighted vest has been the key to being able to go heavy enough for lower body in CLX. Love it!

(((Brighton)))

Today will be an active rest day. Centergy planned for this evening and that's it. I haven't been able to get to the class in about 2 weeks now so me thinks I'm gonna be hurtin' tonight! :eek:

Gotta jet!

Have a good day!

Mornin'.

I couldn't make Centergy last night. :( DH worked REALLY late last night and I didn't want to bring DS to the gym with me as he'd be up until atleast 9 and that's too late on a school night. That being said, it was a total rest day for me. I made up for it though. I spent hours washing blinds and curtains. FUN!....NOT! :p

Today will be LC #2 at minimum but I am hoping to tack on a short cardio such as Burn It Off or one of the BBC's. :)

Guess that's all for now.

BBL!

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hi--
things are kinda crazy at the moment, as you might expect... no workouts to speak of since Tues... :( Tomorrow is the funeral, so probably not tomorrow either. Hope to maybe run a local 5K on Sat, so that would at least be something.

Things here are going okay. We're doing alright. I went out to lunch with some girlfriends this afternoon, so that was wonderful. DH's & my anniversary is Sat too, so there are some bright spots to this week. :) Anyway, not much time-- just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm still here. Thanks for all your support & kind words. You guys are the best.

(((HUGS)))

Good morning ladies!

Wendy - Congratulations on another pound gone! You're rocking it girl! Sorry you had to miss out on the Centergy class. Don't blame you for not wanting to keep DS up too late. Definitely a workout with washing the blinds and curtains.

Brighton - You will be in my thoughts today! Hope you get to run the 5K Saturday. That will make your mind change gears for a little anyway. Happy Anniversary to you and DH!! Hope you have many many more!

Yesterday's workout was iTread #2 60 minutes and iStretch #8 cool down section. Today's workout was Amy Bento's Rumble. Loved this workout! Glad to have found a good bag workout.

TGIF! Have a fantastic Friday!

Hi Girls!

Been busy prepping the house for DS' Birthday party tmrw!!!! That being said, there has been no work for me as of yet. I worked this morning too which took a big chunk of time out of my day. BUMMER! :p

Brighton: Glad to hear that things are going as well as can be expected. Try to enjoy your anniversary. Allow it to cheer you up. Especially because today is very very sad day for you. (((HUGS)))

Jackie: Glad you enjoyed Rumble. Thanks re the lost pounds. I am very happy that the scale has started to move again. I am going to TRY not to over do it tmrw at the party. :rolleyes: Nice Itreadin' today! I am not due for another run until next week sometime. My runs are getting better and better. I'm excited about it. I am picking up speed and getting more comfy on the TM with each run. I never fully recovered from those issues I was having back when I was training for half or 18 miler last year. I hope I can get it back some day though and my runs as of late are giving me hope!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Happy Birthday to Joey!! You'll do fine with the eating. Just enjoy the party. That's great that your runs are getting better. It makes running much more enjoyable. Bet you will be back to running races before you know it. I'll start training for Chicago next month. I'm hoping I don't reach burnout too soon.

Brighton - How are you today?

It's storming here this morning. Running partner wanted to do a 5K race but it's not looking good right now. The race isn't until 8:00 but we don't want to run in the rain. We'll see how things go.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Good Morning Chaquitas! :D

Happy Anniversary, Brighton!!!!!

Jackie: Bummer about the rain. I am not a fan of running/racing in the rain either. I backed out of my first race (5k) because of a storm so I don't blame you in the least if you decide not to go.

Well, the work out never happened y'day which is okay. I had time at the end of the day but I ended up feeling like dog poop (bizarre but common occurrence the day before Joey's B'day party) so I passed on it. Still not feeling tops today but I made myself do it and promised myself I'd stop or back it down a few notches if I really started to feel lousy. It worked out okay in the end. I think the endorphin rush made me feel BETTER for a while! I can feel the dog poopiness :p comin' back now though....:(

So the work out I chose, ofcourse, was the Interval w/o from the CLX deluxe dvd. Nice to change it up from doing Lean Intervals every week. Had fun and was able to do most of the moves with no mods. Now I feel like I've earned the right to splurge on the food and drink at the party this afternoon. This IS ofcourse why we exercise, isn't it? :D:D

Okay, I guess that's all for now. Must go finish my salad (yes, being good until party time!) and get to the last minutes chores around the house!

BBL or in the morning!
Have a great day!

Good Morning and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :)

DS' party was a success. We had fun but man was it a lot of work!:eek:

So what is everyone doing today? Anything special for Mother's Day?? I have nothing special planned but I think DH is cooking dinner tonight!!! WOO HOO! :D

Not sure what my work out will be. Definitely fighting a cold here so not sure what I'll be up for but I am going to do SOMETHING! LC#3 is on tap but I'm not sure I'm up to it. I'll see...

BBL!:cool:

Back to report today's work out:

Lean Circuit #3: I decided to give it a shot and I'm glad that I did!

Treadmill: I wanted to run but left the house w/o changing my sneakers after doing CLX so I ended up doing incline walks and some speed walking for 30 minutes. It took me 10-15 minutes to really warm up but once I did, man oh man was I sweatin' buckets and it was TOUGH!

Happy Mother's Day Cheetahs!

Wendy - We decided not to do the 5K. It was still raining at 8:00. I'm not a fan of running in the rain especially when it's chilly outside. Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday! Glad you were still able to get a workout in. Glad Joey's party was a success. Sorry about the shoes but I see you made it work for you. Nothing can keep a good woman down. :D

I did get in 7 miles on the treadmill yesterday. By the time I finished the rain had stopped but I was glad to have the run over. DD & DS took me out to lunch in Memphis. Then we did a little shopping and had some ice cream from DQ. I was ready to sit on the couch last night.

Today was church and visiting my mom. It was my rest day too.

Hope you ladies had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.