My Shoulder Surgery Update

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for all of your support and well wishes as I continue to heal since having my rotator cuff repair surgery December 21st. This week I officially (and very excitedly ) returned to the gym to coach my classes (except for kickboxing of course ). I still need to wear this sling for most of the day (and always while I sleep) for a few more weeks.

As I’ve mentioned to some of you who have asked already, rotator cuff repair is a very slow healing surgery and it will take several months before I can workout with weights for my shoulder again. Good news is that one month is already done

Right now my physical therapy consists of range of motion exercises exclusively. No resistance bands or very lights weights will come into therapy until another month to two months.

So here I am coaching through my classes and I was very excited to atleast be able to participate in the final stretch (with balance assistance) . We had a blast…actually a leg blast .
0D826920-961A-4175-9CB6-1CC61C88DB8F.jpeg
Once I’m approved to remove my sling in a few weeks I plan to continue CatheLIVE as your “vocals only” coach. I’ll tell you what to do while all of you at home and in the house work together to reach your goals. I’ll announce when that starts as soon as I know more but in the meantime keep enjoying our pre-recorded express workouts every Thursday at 9:30am EST. Thanks Everyone

Oh, to have to sleep with that must be hard! I'm sorry. :(

And what a great pic! Exactly how I expected to see you..still finding a way to work around it. I'm sure your classes were glad to have you...(even if you have to do it with only one wing!)

Sending many healing thoughts and prayers your way ! :)

And what a great pic! Exactly how I expected to see you..still finding a way to work around it. I'm sure your classes were glad to have you...(even if you have to do it with only one wing!)

Thanks so much Yes, I haven’t slept a solid nights sleep since the day of surgery last month. It is so uncomfortable between remaining in an inclined sleeping position plus wearing the sling which is belted around my waist and over my shoulder like a harness to stay in place.

But it’s all part of the healing process so I just push through it
Cathe rocks the sling!

Thanks for being a role model in the recovery process just as you are in the fitness world!
Aw, thank you so much! You made my day

She’s got her game face on doesn’t she??!! I can hear it now “aaaarrreee yoooooouuu reaaaadddyyyy?!”

Cathe, you look great! I am glad that you are doing so well. When my surgeon said I could take off that immobilizer sling I took it off and carried it out the door. You rock! I spent most of my time in a recliner. There is not a comfortable position at first. Sending continued prayers your way.

You look marvelous and strong! You are the best Cathe Friedrich!! Thank you for all the years you have coached and been our role model. I've been working out with you since 1993 or 1994. The ONLY workout I did not purchase was cycling since I did not have one.
Look forward to working out with you for many more years!
THANK YOU!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.