Riding the X-Train into Summer! Join me! ❤

Its raining so much here and gray. Supposed to warm up and hit the 80's this week-end. I hope so and would love some sunshine :).I was able to walk my dog, Eli, with my neighbor and her dog, Jack. Was good to get out of the house. Working from home with afternoon meetings at 5:00 so I am not able to make it to my gym classes. I did D18 today with XTrain Core#1 and Stretch Max #3 with bands. :)
Nicki I think I spoke too soon! It is rainy and miserable today with some hale even! Holy cow, what a change! No dog walking or bike rides for me today! :( Nice work knocking out D18! ❤

So today Hardstrikes was in the rotation, but I pulled my back yesterday, so I decided to do Xtrain Ride today. Great cardio workout! Except for one song that sounds horribly out of tune...lol. I am feeling antsy, so will probably get on my treadmill later. I actually bought a great rebounder off of my mom today, so hopefully I'll be able to get steps in that way as well. This quarantine stuff is crazy. Hope everyone is happy and healthy! ❤

Ya, I've read about Brett Contreras and even own his Strong Curves book (great read btw!). He has some great exercise suggestions that hit the glutes from every angle! A few years ago, I got up to hip thrusting around 265# a couple times. I'm nowhere near that now, especially doing it 100 times! Amanda is amazing!
265#!!!!o_O:cool::) You are a warrior! You certainly earned your name Firmgrrl!

Thanks for the book suggestion. I will definitely check that out!

Ok so yesterday I completed Bis and Tris + Core 2. Man, Cathe's triceps are so much stronger than mine! It always amazes me!
Then today, I completed Legs and Delts. I was going to go running after until I realized the planned premix was premix 3 which is standing, chair, ball, floor, and delts! 80 minutes! I was like, okay, I'll go for a walk with hubby and the dog tonight! Legs is deceptively tough. It's tough in a different way than Cardio Leg Blast. This workout set is so comprehensive...I can't see how one could NOT get into shape...it literally has every proven effective exercise! Now if I could just get the Carona boredom eating under control lol!

Today I completed All Out Low Impact Hiit with Core 1. Man, I love that workout! It is so fun! Just when you kinda get bored with one section, it moves on to the next (floor, step, sliders, etc.). ❤❤❤

Thanks for the inspiration, Penny!

STS is going well. With fewer distractions now it is easier to fit in my workouts and stay on schedule. I am on track to hop on board the X Train on Monday, April 6. Thanks for laying down those train tracks and getting things all ready for us! You are making the ride seem fun and so worthwhile. Hope you have great workouts this week.:)

Thanks for the inspiration, Penny!

STS is going well. With fewer distractions now it is easier to fit in my workouts and stay on schedule. I am on track to hop on board the X Train on Monday, April 6. Thanks for laying down those train tracks and getting things all ready for us! You are making the ride seem fun and so worthwhile. Hope you have great workouts this week.:)
Oh that is great Jane! April 6th it is! Have you noticed some good strength gains in STS? I was so happy to have completed that rotation before this Xtrain 90 Day, as in looking through my past records, I was able to come in stronger!

Ok, so I completed Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders yesterday. Wow...just wow. I can feel my mind gears (and muscles!) turning when I completed this workout! Cathe goes REALLY heavy! And going super heavy for 10 reps is NO joke, folks! For some exercises I was able to keep up with Cathe, for others, I really had to go down a weight. *Jane- beware with your chest here! Expect to go much lower! She is stronger in the chest than me (and always has been) but for some reason I am stronger than her in the rear Delts. I am always able to go higher while maintaining good form. It's interesting how different we all are, but I'll tell you one thing, I am definitely sore in my chest this morning! Today is Cardio Leg Blast again. I will be back to report! ❤

Oh that is great Jane! April 6th it is! Have you noticed some good strength gains in STS? I was so happy to have completed that rotation before this Xtrain 90 Day, as in looking through my past records, I was able to come in stronger!
Good for you, Penny! :) Hopefully I can go into XTrain a little stronger than last time too.
I am in week 3 of Meso 3. By next week I will see if I was able to gain some strength. I will let you know! But, so far so good.

Cathe goes REALLY heavy!
And going super heavy for 10 reps is NO joke, folks! For some exercises I was able to keep up with Cathe, for others, I really had to go down a weight
Thanks for thinking of me, Penny, and giving me the heads up. I will be cautious for sure and just do my own thing.
I am glad you mentioned how individual weight load is. I too have noticed this. Yesterday I did Disk 31 and Cathe used less than I did for deadlifts (what's with that?) and yet used what looked like 95 lbs for flat bench chest press when I can only go to 82 lbs at the moment. 95 would be tough/nerve-wracking for me without a spotter, especially for reracking the weight. I have noticed Cathe can sometimes go really heavy for chest flys and also quite heavy for some tricep moves - much heavier than I. Yet keeping up with her or exceeding her is possible on other moves. In STS squat rack legs Cathe doesn't look like she is using really heavy weights for squats and lunges, although I don't know the weight of her vest. Seems like you went much heavier than she did on those moves, Penny.

Good for you, Penny! :) Hopefully I can go into XTrain a little stronger than last time too.
I am in week 3 of Meso 3. By next week I will see if I was able to gain some strength. I will let you know! But, so far so good.

Thanks for thinking of me, Penny, and giving me the heads up. I will be cautious for sure and just do my own thing.
I am glad you mentioned how individual weight load is. I too have noticed this. Yesterday I did Disk 31 and Cathe used less than I did for deadlifts (what's with that?) and yet used what looked like 95 lbs for flat bench chest press when I can only go to 82 lbs at the moment. 95 would be tough/nerve-wracking for me without a spotter, especially for reracking the weight. I have noticed Cathe can sometimes go really heavy for chest flys and also quite heavy for some tricep moves - much heavier than I. Yet keeping up with her or exceeding her is possible on other moves. In STS squat rack legs Cathe doesn't look like she is using really heavy weights for squats and lunges, although I don't know the weight of her vest. Seems like you went much heavier than she did on those moves, Penny.
Yes, I have a proper squat rack, so that is the only reason I can go that high. I have been working on squatting and deadlifting off and on for about 2 years now. With time and practice, you will really surprise yourself!

Haven't checked in for a couple days! Yesterday I completed Cardio Leg Blast and decided to try to go up on all weights from what Cathe was doing, and it went well. I even ended up using a small barbell for squats and deadlifts (I didn't feel like holding two 30 pound dumbells!). Then I completed I think Core 2 with that. Later on, hubby and I went on a nice 5 mile bike ride.
This morning I did Burn Sets Bis and Tris with a 40 minute Pedal Power before a teacher conference call this morning. This teach from home thing is just weird. I've had to get familiar with Google Classroom, which has been daunting, but I've been watching some tutorials so that has helped! We go live for the kids on Monday!
Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

Clocking in with Xtrain Legs (just had time for standing, floor, and rear delts today) and LITE Reved Up Rumble. I felt like kickboxing today, eventhough Hardstrikes is on the docket for tomorrow!

Haven't checked in for a couple days! Yesterday I completed Cardio Leg Blast and decided to try to go up on all weights from what Cathe was doing, and it went well. I even ended up using a small barbell for squats and deadlifts (I didn't feel like holding two 30 pound dumbells!). Then I completed I think Core 2 with that. Later on, hubby and I went on a nice 5 mile bike ride.
This morning I did Burn Sets Bis and Tris with a 40 minute Pedal Power before a teacher conference call this morning. This teach from home thing is just weird. I've had to get familiar with Google Classroom, which has been daunting, but I've been watching some tutorials so that has helped! We go live for the kids on Monday!
Hope everyone is healthy and happy!
The neighbor I walk with is a teacher and she said the exact same thing about Google Classroom.

a teacher conference call this morning. This teach from home thing is just weird. I've had to get familiar with Google Classroom, which has been daunting, but I've been watching some tutorials so that has helped! We go live for the kids on Monday!
Google Classroom has been used by all teachers in Nova Scotia for the past few years. I have just learned how to use it myself and it certainly was a learning curve. But it is awesome once you get used to it. Good luck on Monday!

LITE Reved Up Rumble. I felt like kickboxing today, eventhough Hardstrikes is on the docket for tomorrow!
I felt like kickboxing too. :) Did Kick Punch and Crunch yesterday even though I had just done Disk 32 and a short run. But KPC is one of my fav workouts of all and I couldn't resist!

Google Classroom has been used by all teachers in Nova Scotia for the past few years. I have just learned how to use it myself and it certainly was a learning curve. But it is awesome once you get used to it. Good luck on Monday!

I felt like kickboxing too. :) Did Kick Punch and Crunch yesterday even though I had just done Disk 32 and a short run. But KPC is one of my fav workouts of all and I couldn't resist!
Nice, Jane! I think you and I had the same energy yesterday. I've never done KPC, but I know everyone loves it!

Completed Hardstrikes today minus the conditioning and Core 1. Luckily it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be! Then I walked for about 45 minutes on the treadmill. I'm hoping to take the dog for a walk later on tonight, but I did rack up a good amount of steps with that workout alone. Every once in a while if I sit for too long my Garmin buzzes, so I hop up and on to my rebounder!
Hope everyone is well! ❤

Completed Hardstrikes today minus the conditioning and Core 1. Luckily it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be! Then I walked for about 45 minutes on the treadmill. I'm hoping to take the dog for a walk later on tonight, but I did rack up a good amount of steps with that workout alone. Every once in a while if I sit for too long my Garmin buzzes, so I hop up and on to my rebounder!
Hope everyone is well! ❤
Go Penny!!

Wow! Haven't checked in for a while, but I'm still going strong! I haven't missed one workout. Yesterday I completed the Legs workout with a walk on the treadmill and then a walk outdoors at the end of the day. I've kind of been doing two a days workouts to get my steps in. I must say, my legs are beginning to feel a bit firmer which is nice. It must be the switch from one leg workout a week, to two. And those two different workouts work the leg muscles in very different ways. I'm excited to see the changes in my legs at the end of the 90 days. I must say, for the higher rep Legs workout, I decided that it's too long, so I do it in its entirety except for the floor portion. By time you've done the standing portion, disc portion, chair portion, and ball portion, I think the legs have been worked hard from every angle! To me, that's enough! And if you're not doing abs, it makes it still just over an hour.
Today is high rep Bis and Tris. I just joined Cathe On Demand, so I'm excited to try a new spin workout today after working my arms!
Hope everyone is still hanging in there! ❤

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.