STS Check in

I'm going to wait until Tue to actually start the first STS workout. Worked last night, and it was a bit of a zoo at the hospital. I'm tired and think if I tried to do a bunch of pushups, I'd end up on the floor sleeping.

And I work tomorrow night, so I'd rather nap before work.

I'm going to wait until Tue to actually start the first STS workout. Worked last night, and it was a bit of a zoo at the hospital. I'm tired and think if I tried to do a bunch of pushups, I'd end up on the floor sleeping.

And I work tomorrow night, so I'd rather nap before work.
Understand about the push ups. They are very hard for me and there are a lot on D1. I'll have to go a little out of sync this week. Will have 4 days to work out so I'm doing D1 today, D3 tomorrow, D2 Wednesday and Tabata on Tuesday. Going out of town Thursday and won't have access to weights.

Just getting this started for those of use who will be starting STS on Dec 1

I'm Rhonda and I've never actually done a full rotation of STS and I want to change that. So, I'm starting Dec 1
Hi I'm Valerie. I completed the 3 month rotation a few years ago. My main goal this time through is to get some structure back to my workout routines and regain some strength I have lost over the last 2 years. I will do STS workouts on M-W-F with an Upper-Lower-Upper rotation. I will start Disc 1 tomorrow, December 2.

Good luck to you all, I hope I can provide some support and look forward to everyone's updates.

Hi I'm Valerie. I completed the 3 month rotation a few years ago. My main goal this time through is to get some structure back to my workout routines and regain some strength I have lost over the last 2 years. I will do STS workouts on M-W-F with an Upper-Lower-Upper rotation. I will start Disc 1 tomorrow, December 2.

Good luck to you all, I hope I can provide some support and look forward to everyone's updates.

Yes! This makes more sense to me to do upper/lower/upper, eventhough there will be rest days in between. Man, I can't wait to get back in my squat rack! It's been too long!
~Penny

Oh! And what ab workouts are you ladies doing? Are you doing them on cardio days or tacking on to the strength workouts? Thanks!

~Penny

Disc 1 is in the books! Completed that and an ab section from Jari Love that I like. The only thing I’m bummed about is that I forgot to print out my workout cards. Walked for 30 minutes after. Feel great! Still need to take pictures though...o_O

Disk 2 - check! Really had to work at squeezing that in to a busy day, but feel SO GOOD that I did. :) Good for you, Nicki for squeezing in your week 1 workouts in just 4 days!
And what ab workouts are you ladies doing?
Are you doing them on cardio days or tacking on to the strength workouts?

I am doing my core workouts on days I am not doing STS. Core is more of an effort for me :(:rolleyes:so I just can't mentally or physically do it after STS. I teach fitness classes three evenings per week so I do core during those workouts for about 6 mins per workout and I hope to rotate through various Cathe ab routines one day per week. I like the variety she provides.

Hello everyone! Yesterday I did Disc 2, and today I just completed Turbo Fire 55. I haven’t decided what I will be doing for abs yet. Probably from the RWH and S&S series. I also noticed that my abs were really sore just from Disc One...happy side effect!

Monday I did KCM strong & lean workout 2 for cardio. Yesterday was STS disc 2 & Jessica Smith 1 mile interval walk. Today my body decided I needed a rest day, so I did Jessica Smith total body balance core stretch and yoga for balance & core strength.

You ladies are awesome!
So, confession time for me. I have had such a crammed, crazy week. I have not been able to workout since Sunday. I am so disappointed in myself.
That being said, I have decided to restart next week. Out of town now with no access to weights but I'm not going to quit! I am committed to this rotation and glad I have you ladies for support:D

Disc 3 complete! Completed the bonus leg section and Jari Love abs...tacked on 30 minutes of walking.
Tomorrow I will do Disc 2 Triceps and Back because I have a Tough Mudder race Saturday with my 2 daughters! This is their first mud obstacle course race, so we are all really excited (I’ve done dozens myself! Love them!).

Disc 2: Back and Triceps complete! Proud of myself for working out today after work because I really didn’t feel like it. What’s up with all the pull-ups in this workout? Yikes! I hope I get better at those soon...not fun. I used to be so good at them too when I was stronger and lighter!
Hey, is anyone on My Fitness Pal by chance? It would be nice to friend someone from here on there! Looking forward to everyone’s updates!

Hi there! I had to take the last two days off, but I’ll get Disc 3 in tomorrow. I have been dealing with plantar fasciitis, and my cardio workout Wednesday really aggravated it. So I’m not sure what I’ll be doing for cardio at this point.
Disc 2: Back and Triceps complete! Proud of myself for working out today after work because I really didn’t feel like it. What’s up with all the pull-ups in this workout? Yikes! I hope I get better at those soon...not fun. I used to be so good at them too when I was stronger and lighter!
Hey, is anyone on My Fitness Pal by chance? It would be nice to friend someone from here on there! Looking forward to everyone’s updates!
i am on MyFitnessPal! My user name is mane1972

What’s up with all the pull-ups in this workout? Yikes! I hope I get better at those soon...not fun. I used to be so good at them too when I was stronger and lighter!
Ditto! The pull-ups were a rude awakening. I used to be able to do them for 30 sec. with one band on my chin-up bar. Didn't happen this week! Had to move to my Fit Tower for those!

Disk 3 complete. One week down, 11 to go!

Disc 3 complete! Completed the bonus leg section and Jari Love abs...tacked on 30 minutes of walking.
Tomorrow I will do Disc 2 Triceps and Back because I have a Tough Mudder race Saturday with my 2 daughters! This is their first mud obstacle course race, so we are all really excited (I’ve done dozens myself! Love them!).
I have a few Jari DVDs but did not know she had an Ab DVD. She always talks about how she does not like ab work. I'll see if I can find it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.