Strong and Sweaty Subtitutions

Melinda Manley

I am looking for S & S substitutions. I have Total Body Giant Sets, and own most of Cathe's dvds, including most of her series. Fit Split and Strong and Sweaty are the only 2 series I don't have, plus some dvds that weren't part of a series. I have LITE, Ripped with Hiit, Xtrain, Low Impact Sweat, Body Blast, Intensity, etc. Do I need Strong and Sweaty? I'm struggling with want and need. :)

Cardio Slam - I'm guessing any cardio/metabolic dvd would work
PHA - I have PHA 2; any other recommendations?
Ramped Upper Body - I have Stacked Upper Body from LITE, but I like the idea of working all or most of upper body on the same dvd
Bootcamp - have original Bootcamp, plus KCM Bootcamp, metabolic dvds, etc

I guess I'm trying to decide if Strong and Sweaty is that much different than other series/dvds.

Thanks for any suggestions!

That's a great question and I would love to see how others respond. What i've learned about me is that it's best for me to just preorder the series because I always find use for them and if I don't like it (which is rare) I haven't made much of a financial investment.

I think you can substitute any of the above, but Cathe in my opinion has such subtle nuisances in her workouts that the same exercises feel totally different,

I think its easier to substitute Cardio Slam ( Xtrain All Out Low Impact Hiit, Blasts for the Ice Series, etc.) Bootcamp (ICE Bootcamp I loved), Ramped Upper Body with similar workouts.

PHA in my opinion is in a class by itself because I see it as truly total body metabolic resistance training, where its' slow enough to go heavier, but fast enough to keep your heart rate up and I only need dumbbells.I have both PHA workouts and I don't regret it. because I like variety. I also think Stacked Sets Lower and Upper are in the same category, but they are splits. However, try Muscle Max which is a little slower pace or any other total body workouts.

Since I discovered Cathe a few years ago I also pre-order her series as they come out and I have never regretted it. I have most of her DVDs now but there are some workouts I haven't tried yet, e.g. Tabatacise from XTrain and Plyo Hiit 1 & 2 from Ripped With Hiit. As for Strong and Sweaty I have completed all the workouts, I think Cardio Slam is the only one I have only done once but the others I have done several times. I tend to shy away from extreme cardio workouts. Ramped Upper Body is one of my favourite upper body weight workouts. I think Strong and Sweaty is a really good series and would recommend you get it.

Thanks for all of the input! I have Bootcamp, Cardio Slam, and PHA on the way. I already had Total Body Giant Sets and really like it. That's why I was asking about the rest of the series. Just need Ramped Upper! Thanks everyone! :)

Strong & Sweaty is a great series but out of all the workouts the two I reach for a lot are Total Body Giant Sets and Ramped Up Upper Body - especially RUUB! I love the upper splits that Cathe has but RUUB is great when you want to work everything in under an hour. I confess that I'm not a fan of the music in S&S so I haven't done Cardio Slam too often and like Cathe's other bootcamp DVDs better but with Cathe you can never go wrong! LITE Stacked Upper Body is more intermediate than RUUB so if you're looking for something more comprehensive/challenging than LITE (or ICE Chiseled Upper Body) and want to pack as much as you can in a short period of time I really recommend that one! Hope you enjoy it! :)

Strong & Sweaty is a great series but out of all the workouts the two I reach for a lot are Total Body Giant Sets and Ramped Up Upper Body - especially RUUB! I love the upper splits that Cathe has but RUUB is great when you want to work everything in under an hour. I confess that I'm not a fan of the music in S&S so I haven't done Cardio Slam too often and like Cathe's other bootcamp DVDs better but with Cathe you can never go wrong! LITE Stacked Upper Body is more intermediate than RUUB so if you're looking for something more comprehensive/challenging than LITE (or ICE Chiseled Upper Body) and want to pack as much as you can in a short period of time I really recommend that one! Hope you enjoy it! :)
Thank you for the information! It's good to know because I don't have ICE Upper or RUUB. I have LITE upper, so it sounds like RUUB would be a better choice for me than ICE upper because I do want something comprehensive and challenging in under an hour.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.