Streaming Services besides Cathe Live?

Okay, enablers. Inspired by 112toGuru's thread about workout programs, I am thinking about expanding my workout streaming horizons.

I LOVE Cathe Live and will keep that forever. I also use free YouTube videos. For even more variety, I've been toying with Kelly Coffey Meyer's paid RAW streaming service. Also considering Beach Body on Demand.

Any thoughts on these 2 streaming services? Any other recommendations, from Patreon or other websites? My credit card company thanks you in advance. :)

I had BBOD for a while, but went back to Cody for programs I purchased there a couple years ago. I also used some beginner yoga from youtube last summer that fueled a new passion, and generated inspiration. BBOD has everthing, worksheets, food, all program materials. Like Cathe On Demand, if I had the technology and option starting out, I would have streamed it all. Never quite caught on to Kelly, but now that she streams...what? it could happen, ha. You can't go wrong Lisa.

I did one month of Coffeyfit RAW. She has a lot of variety with what she has filmed so far. I really enjoyed her Olympic style lifting workouts with the barbell. That kind of stuff you don't see everywhere. and she has a short step workout on there called Just Step that is really fun.

I've also done Daily Burn and The Gymbox streaming services before. The Gymbox has bazillions of step workouts, spinning, hiit, dance, weights, etc.
I've done XFIT's streaming - it has the RIPT 90 and RIPT90FIT series with Jody Hendrix and a few others - I only did it for the RIPT90 FIT.

I mentioned Kayla Itsines BBG before, and I'll mention Amanda Bisk FBFM now. They both were just pdf programs and now they both are app also. I like the streamlined circuits with alternating cardio & add ons, stretching yoga, foam roll. I don't have much experience with either but I like how they're set up, pretty efficient.

Studio Sweat On Demand had a special: One year for $99 so I bought it for the spinning. Cathe has only so many workouts and I spin twice a weak for my cardio, so I need more variety. They have a great variety of spin classes - from short ones, ones with other workouts included, all different instructors, and even a three hour class! I did it twice. I don't really like other instructors besides Cathe, but this one has been great for my needs. They even have abs segments, too, which I've just started doing.

For y'all that have done BeachBody on Demand, what do you think of it? I am thinking that this one may be the best fit for me for the sheer diversity of the workouts you get (pretty much everything) plus the annual plan puts the cost at less than 9 bucks a month. Is it easy to use and is streaming reliable?

I've also done the Les Mills on demand streaming, and I really liked it. I think it's $12.99 per month, and you get access to all of their different classes. I did mostly BodyFlow, since that's my favorite, but it was great to be able to try out their other stuff. It was also really easy to stop and start, no issues with extra charges or anything like that.

For y'all that have done BeachBody on Demand, what do you think of it? I am thinking that this one may be the best fit for me for the sheer diversity of the workouts you get (pretty much everything) plus the annual plan puts the cost at less than 9 bucks a month. Is it easy to use and is streaming reliable?

OP here. I couldn't resist. Purchased BBOD, the annual $99 plan, on Monday. WOW! So many workouts! Access to all the calendars and rotations. Streaming, so far (3 days in) has been flawless, but this could vary based on your home Internet quality. I think you can also download videos, but I haven't tried that yet.

The cons: 1. Very aggressive Shakeology advertising. I've heard it tastes great and curbs hunger, but dang it is pricey. Too pricey for me, so seeing Shakeology everywhere gets old.
2. I like to workout for about an hour...my "me" time..., and many of the workouts are 30-40 mins. Worth mentioning but not a deal breaker for me.
3. Just previewing things, not all programs or instructors appeal to me. Cathe spoils her customers, she's uniquely gifted as a trainer
4. I *think* you have to wait a certain period of time before the newest releases come available for BBOD customers. This might vary, though. NBD for me because there is so much available already that I have never tried

Overall, I am excited about it and, as a longtime vidiot, appreciate the options it provides. Plus my DH is using it too and he really really loves it so far. He enjoys Cathe but also likes Sagi, Tony, Shawn T. You can cancel for a full refund within 14 days if you are not happy, at least on the plan I purchased

@lisa_la_machina : LOL on the Beachbody Shakeology ads. I have to admit that I got on the Shakeology bandwagon during my P90X phase myself. Definitely save the money on a good quality protein drink and your own recovery supplements. And I hear you on the short workouts. I'm actually looking forward to combining some of the shorter ones (like 22 Minute Corps) as add-ons to other workouts. Currently thinking of combining 22 Minute Corps with PiYo.

I ended up looking at some of the old Beachbody programs I haven't purchased yet and found that many of them can be acquired used for next to nothing (look at Craigslist, Ebay, Thrift Store, etc.) at almost the same rate per month as the subscription (IE, can I get a used copy of Body Beast, which lasts for 3 months x $10 = $30?) The answer is yes you can. I ended up getting a bunch of previously owned Beachbody programs instead of the streaming subscription. This way I can take my time with them and swap in all my other DVDs when I feel like it, rather than be tied to one program. Maybe once I make it through all these old programs, I'll think about BOD again, especially since all the new programs are streaming only.

ended up looking at some of the old Beachbody programs I haven't purchased yet and found that many of them can be acquired used for next to nothing (look at Craigslist, Ebay, Thrift Store, etc.) at almost the same rate per month as the subscription (IE, can I get a used copy of Body Beast, which lasts for 3 months x $10 = $30?) The answer is yes you can.

Hey, that's a great idea! It will get the job done for sure, yamabachi.

Yep on combining programs. Today I did A Little Obsessed Legs (a 5 day preview of 80 Day Obsession). It was only 30 mins so I added a 20 min finisher. It was great, and a tough workout because I used the right weights for me.

I want to create my own hybrid plan, which will include Cathe too. Just haven't had time yet.

Les Mills... I love their stuff from body pump to kick boxing, step and general fitness. After bazillion Cathe workouts (I own everyone of them), this was a welcome change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was thinking of adding this. Good to hear you like it.

So, thank you all enablers...I’m trying the free 10-day les mills on demand trial. I love the body combat workout I did yesterday. My shoulders are so sore! It was such a fun workout, the music was great, moves were easy to learn. I love Turbo Fire, and this ranked up there with fun factor. I just might subscribe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.