Videos not playing

Elsie, I just tried CatheLive and it started fine. I just picked a class, and let it play just a min or so, I always use
Lower version.

Elsie, I just tried CatheLive and it started fine. I just picked a class, and let it play just a min or so, I always use
Lower version.
Me too, but it still isn't working. I've tried everything. I usually have slower internet till about 620 am, but for the rest of the day the internet speed here has been pretty good but still no LIVE will play.

Hmmm....that's weird, hope you get it going soon! :)
Thanks. I am happy it is working for most! It must be something on this end, although it is very hard to figure out as all other streaming is seemingly working.
I have tried absolutely everything. Still a black screen. This is just day 2 of the "outage", but if it goes on, I will probably have to cancel my LIVE. I am loving my first month of LIVE & would really like to get the most out of it!!

Have you updated Flash. Cathe Live uses the IBM/UStream service which uses Flash. So if your Flash software is out of date it could be an issue.

Yes, that was the first thing I tried as Adobe Flash needs updating fairly often. Still isn't working though. I have tried re-booting everything and uninstalling & reinstalling browsers. Can't figure this out at all.

Yes, that was the first thing I tried as Adobe Flash needs updating fairly often. Still isn't working though. I have tried re-booting everything and uninstalling & reinstalling browsers. Can't figure this out at all.
I am having the same problem since yesterday. Just a black screen. I can view the on Workout Blender videos but the Cathe Live is just a black screen.

Last edited:
I can view Cathe Live on my computer at work, but not on my laptop. Weird--If I go into on demand I can view her dvd videos but a black screen comes on when I click on her live ones.

Last edited:
I noticed it yesterday too. I have IE 8.1 so maybe that's why it will not work. Maybe you have to have the newer version. It plays fine for me in Chrome so I'm just sticking with that and not just for Cathe live, but everything. It works much better now days than IE.

I have IE 8.1 also, so I loaded Chrome and it is working now. I love Cathe Live and didn't want to cancel. I will stick with that also :)

This is something that is at the user's end that has to be corrected. We haven't noticed any problems and have had only had a few reports of issues. IE 8.1 was released in 2009 and is a legacy browser that Microsoft no longer supports. So this could certainly be an issue. Problems like this are usually caused by outdated browsers and operating systems as well us other computer maintenance issues that have to be corrected at the user's end. Cathe Live videos are streamed through and by IBM, so this is not something that we really control or can adjust.

This is something that is at the user's end that has to be corrected. We haven't noticed any problems and have had only had a few reports of issues. IE 8.1 was released in 2009 and is a legacy browser that Microsoft no longer supports. So this could certainly be an issue. Problems like this are usually caused by outdated browsers and operating systems as well us other computer maintenance issues that have to be corrected at the user's end. Cathe Live videos are streamed through and by IBM, so this is not something that we really control or can adjust.

Thank you for your response.

Hmmm, been having the same issue with sound again for the last couple of days. Anyone else?
Other streaming stuff is working though ....

edited to add : cleared everything from the browsers, computer etc. Sound is in & out and the videos stop at about 00:37 mark. Getting message : cdn1.ustream.tv wanting access to my camera.

Last edited:
Hey Elsie, I just tried CatheLive (latest w/o) on my iPad, only let it play abt 1 min or so, but it was playing fine,
I didn't have time to hook to TV, etc, but on the pad, it was playing ok (I always use the low version).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.