Meso 1

Great question, hope others chime in with their experience too...I think Meso 2 is specifically designed to build definition and I found that is when I did start to see improvements that way. But like nckfitheart, Meso 1 enabled me to maintain the definition I had previously acquired. Can't lose much doing 100+ push-ups! ;):eek::p

I am new to Cathe's workout programs and have just started Meso 1 - - they are great and have me spent in a great way. Does anyone drink any protein shakes for muscle recovery, or use any other type of method for muscle recovery? I just did Disc. 4 today and my arms / chest / shoulders are shaking in a good way! I have definitely felt that I received a great workout! Thank you!

Hi Veronica. I am on round 8 of STS. I always make myself a protein drink after. I use a little frozen fruit , scoop of protein powder , chia seed and water.

Jean

I am new to Cathe's workout programs and have just started Meso 1 - - they are great and have me spent in a great way. Does anyone drink any protein shakes for muscle recovery, or use any other type of method for muscle recovery? I just did Disc. 4 today and my arms / chest / shoulders are shaking in a good way! I have definitely felt that I received a great workout! Thank you!
Hi Veronica, I always drink a shake after lifting. I have been using Premier Protein shakes for convenience. I keep them in the fridge and slurp them down. They have 30 grams of protein and I buy them at Sams or Costco for about $1.25 apiece in 12 or 18 packs. They come in chocolate,vanilla, and some type of strawberry. No messy blenders!! Also only 160 calories

I too like to have a protein shake for post-workout refueling. I use the same ingredients as Jean, but I like to add a banana and also some almond milk or yogurt to the mix. There's no right or wrong - just experiment with what works for you!

Hi Veronica, I always drink a shake after lifting. I have been using Premier Protein shakes for convenience. I keep them in the fridge and slurp them down. They have 30 grams of protein and I buy them at Sams or Costco for about $1.25 apiece in 12 or 18 packs. They come in chocolate,vanilla, and some type of strawberry. No messy blenders!! Also only 160 calories

Thank you so much! I appreciate this and will have to give this a try when I do not have time to blend!

I too like to have a protein shake for post-workout refueling. I use the same ingredients as Jean, but I like to add a banana and also some almond milk or yogurt to the mix. There's no right or wrong - just experiment with what works for you!

Thank you - - that is a great suggestion about almond milk, banana or yogurt. I will give those a try with the protein shake. Thank you again!

You may be interested in what Cathe says on this topic of refueling with high quality protein and carbs during the important '30 minute window'.
http://cathe.com/refueling-after-a-workout-your-muscles-are-screaming-for-glycogen

Protein shakes are only one option for post-workout nutrition. :D Cathe gives some other excellent food choices at the end of this interesting article. Variety is the spice of life!
http://cathe.com/the-role-nutrition-plays-in-workout-recovery

This is great information Jane; thank you so much for sharing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.