Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360

Murphymax

Cathlete
I saw a post on here recently about Beach Body's PiYo. Someone commented that Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360 was similar. I believe it was our beloved 2 lazy for the gym. Which lead me to 2 lazy for the gym's blog which lead me to Total Fitness DVDs where I watched the clips for Bodyfit 360.

I KNOW I need to add in more flexibility and yoga would be the perfect fit for this. I want to love yoga, I really do; I just don't. However, when I was reading about PiYo and then Bodyfit 360 I thought this might be an excellent way for me to add in some flexibility without a traditional yoga workout and I am all about body weight exercises.

I viewed the clips on Mary's site for all three Bodyfit 360 workouts. I would love to know which is your favorite and/or which you think would be most like PiYo. I am not a dance person in the least; however, I must admit Vol. 3 was appealing to me. I'm not sure that Vol. 2 is like PiYo; however, it looked like an amazing workout and the stretch segment drew me in as well.

Thank you!

I don't own PiYo, but I do own all three of Michelle's Bodyfit 360 DVDs and they are always fun to do. For me, my most favorite is her original production since it's an hour-long workout. The other two are comprised of a 30-40 minute cardio/strength/agility routine followed by a 20-minute stretch segment. I am like you. I want to love Yoga also, but....

I have all 3 as well. I agree w/ Carol in that I like the original the best, next would be her 3rd. When Total fitness had the Black Friday sale, I bought a bunch of yoga dvd's. Like everyone else I know it would be good for me and I do need it. The other day I thought "Ok, you can do this", I put in a flexibility type that was only about 20-30 minutes....6 minutes later I was done. I'm just not there yet. The Bodyfit dvd's offer enough movement to keep me interested and engaged.

I don't own PiYo, but I do own all three of Michelle's Bodyfit 360 DVDs and they are always fun to do. For me, my most favorite is her original production since it's an hour-long workout. The other two are comprised of a 30-40 minute cardio/strength/agility routine followed by a 20-minute stretch segment. I am like you. I want to love Yoga also, but....
Carol, thanks for the reply. Do you think the Bodyfit 360 helps with flexibility?

I have all 3 as well. I agree w/ Carol in that I like the original the best, next would be her 3rd. When Total fitness had the Black Friday sale, I bought a bunch of yoga dvd's. Like everyone else I know it would be good for me and I do need it. The other day I thought "Ok, you can do this", I put in a flexibility type that was only about 20-30 minutes....6 minutes later I was done. I'm just not there yet. The Bodyfit dvd's offer enough movement to keep me interested and engaged.
TLC93, I so get it regarding 6 minutes in and being done ;)

From your experience, did you feel Bodyfit helped with flexibility?

I think Michelle is made out of latex and helium! The woman can move, bend, twist!! I would say Yes it did help but I don't do it enough. I'm not as flexible as Michelle so it can be a bit intimidating if not frustrating sometimes. However, Cathe used to intimidate me too! Now I can't live without her!!

I also have all 3 so thought I would chime in . The main one , the first body360 is the one which has yoga and Pilates but moves faster than traditional . Athletic conditioning is just as the title indicates , and it's more conditioning vs yoga. I think it's pretty challenging. Dance conditioning is also more cardio based . They each have a yoga or flex segment but it's the first one that will give you what you are looking for .

Carol, yes, I so see how she bends and twists. I would love to be able to do that. :)

Tlc93, I so agree with you, I think she is made out of latex and helium. I think I could do these workouts every day and not ever be that flexible. Tlc93, I also liked your comment about Cathe being intimidating at one point too and now you cannot live without her. I so agree with you. I remember seeing her on FitTv, years ago, doing her workouts, and thinking I could never lift as much as her or move as quickly. For some reason, I have a tendency to believe in my ability to improve strength and endurance; however, when it comes to flexibility, I have a tendency to believe what I have is what I will always have. I think that will be a goal for me - to work on believing I can be more flexible AND actually doing the work to practice flexibility. ;)

Snyderca, thank you for the feedback. Yeah, I definitely thought Vol 2 was exactly what the title indicated "Athletic Conditioning." It looks like a great workout.

Thanks so much for the feedback, everyone. I am definitely going to give one (or all) of these a try. :cool:

I have the Peak Fit series! I love it! Michelle has excellent choreography that's not complicated at all. The HR gets up there and I burn a really decent amount of calories. I originally bought Peak 10 wkouts one at a time not realizing they were a part of a set. Then I finally got the whole set which is called Peak Fit. I love them. I think they are valid and challenging wkouts. Her moves always flow from one thing to the next but not in a frenzied sort of way. I highly recommend them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.