Dr. Axe Cookbook

acatalina

Cathlete
Just a suggestion for a cookbook ladies. I found it used on ebay for 20. Kindle is even cheaper.
I had a bad year with sick parents. Hense let my self go and took care of them and worked. I am getting back on track. This cookbook and some recipes are online. Awesome. I gotta loose the 25 i put on and got 8 down in 2 weeks. The cauliflour crust pizza is awesome. many others.
Alot of organics. For all lifestyles and vegetarian also. I am menapausal and it is still coming off. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the cookbook rec! Love new veg recipes. I am a creature of suppertime habit & definitely could mix it up a bit lately!

Thank you so much for posting this! His website is amazing! I am busy reading and printing...you can get lost in the information that is posted there. :D

Thanks for the cookbook rec! Love new veg recipes. I am a creature of suppertime habit & definitely could mix it up a bit lately!

@~Elsie - One thing I learned this year when I took the Certified Food & Spirit Practitioner Program (CFSPP) with Dr. Deanna Minich is that changing things up and increasing the variety of foods you consume is extremely important. Each one of our Chakras is associated with a color; therefore, we should be eating a rainbow to support all of our internal systems. Food ruts must go! Logically, it makes sense since the object of eating is to acquire all of the nutrients our bodies need.

@acatalina - I follow Dr. Axe and also think he's an excellent resource when it comes to recipes and holistic living.

I just purchased this cookbook by Rebecca Katz. One of my CFSPP colleagues mentioned it and I thought it looked really good as I perused the pages on Amazon. I've collected so many recipes from food bloggers over the years and save them in Evernote, but I most appreciate a hard copy book.

therefore, we should be eating a rainbow to support all of our internal systems. Food ruts must go!
Wow, I couldn't agree more with this. Eating all white and grey foods in the dead of winter is a recipe for the mealtime blahs IMO. And it may not be for everyone, but for me, eating affects sleep and mood. I love to go colourful but also very seasonal. Not to say I won't have a citrus fruit from time to time in winter here in non-citrus Canada, although getting my Vitamin C from sweet potato and beets makes more sense to my tummy somehow. lol.
Congrats, btw Carol, on achieving your certification. Sounds like you've earned a wealth of knowledge. :)

Wow, I couldn't agree more with this. Eating all white and grey foods in the dead of winter is a recipe for the mealtime blahs IMO. And it may not be for everyone, but for me, eating affects sleep and mood. I love to go colourful but also very seasonal. Not to say I won't have a citrus fruit from time to time in winter here in non-citrus Canada, although getting my Vitamin C from sweet potato and beets makes more sense to my tummy somehow. lol.
Congrats, btw Carol, on achieving your certification. Sounds like you've earned a wealth of knowledge. :)

Thanks, Elsie! I loved Dr. Minich's program. She's brilliant! I actually began studying for a M.S. in Holistic Nutrition earlier this year, but my dang tennis elbow required me to take a medical leave of absence. I was all ready to begin my coursework again this past weekend, but sadly, we had to have my dog euthanized on Saturday. I'm still unbelievably brokenhearted about that. :( Hopefully, I will be able to pull myself together soon and get back to my academics because nutrition is a subject about which I am most passionate.

Let me just say that you are spot on to eat seasonally. That is precisely what we humans are designed to do. During the colder months, those of us in the northern hemisphere need warmer foods, and vice versa. Some foods fall into several categories in relation to the Chakras and internal energy systems. The point is to just be sure to eat a variety of real foods to nourish your whole self. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.