Foldable barre Bar?

~Elsie

Cathlete
I thought for sure that I read someone discussing on here a foldable bar, but now I cannot seem to find it.
Can anyone remember this, or even better do you know what I am talking about? o_O lol
I have noticed a couple advertised, but they have attachments, sliding steps etc., and I am just wondering if there is a basic one (that can be put away).

Thank you kindly.

I've brought Lebert Equalisers and use one of those on a step as my barre.
$_35.JPG
I must admit, this is by The equalisers are my fav toy. They store in a small space and can be used for so many exercises. Thought I would mention this as I had a barre that took up a bit of room when stored. I love the equaliser option heaps more.

^^^^
I almost HAD one of these when someone had them up for sale on Craigslist, but someone beat me to it!! LOL. They seem very storable .....like a step. :) Too expensive to buy new, however.

Do you find they are high enough? I was wondering about this, as I have a long torso and very long arms. I basically take up the whole room when I'm doing Turbo Barre! lol.

^^^^
I almost HAD one of these when someone had them up for sale on Craigslist, but someone beat me to it!! LOL. They seem very storable .....like a step. :) Too expensive to buy new, however.

Do you find they are high enough? I was wondering about this, as I have a long torso and very long arms. I basically take up the whole room when I'm doing Turbo Barre! lol.
Oh no! Such a shame you missed out! I know what you mean about the price, it took me weeks until I decided to just buy one and I don't regret it. I use a full step and use my risers to bring it up to the height I need. I guess it depends if you have enough risers to get the appropriate height. I've seen some websites sell "Parallel Bars" and they are the same just heaps cheaper. Its so tuff! soooooooo many cool gym toys!

^^^^

Elsie:

With the Lebert system and the one Nathalie refers to below (fine product for dips, where weight is distributed right in the centre of the 2 bars) I would be concerned about their stability when used for barre, where you are only applying pressure to one bar, to one side of the system. If you go to the amazon site for the Lebert and read the comments, a few do mention that stability is an issue. Just a thought. This explains why a barre screwed into the wall is such an excellent idea, if you can afford it and have the space. Alternatively a chair (back) with very heavy weights sitting on it!

Clare

Alternatively a chair (back) with very heavy weights sitting on it!
Right now, I am using a cat tree with weight plates on it! hahaa!
Oh, how I would love to have one that is attached to the wall (then I could also use it for cable-like band moves), but I am a renter. There were a couple of studios around here closing down and had them for sale for a steal.
Its so tuff! soooooooo many cool gym toys!
I KNOW!!! lol. ;)

I appreciate all the great ideas!

Oh no! Such a shame you missed out! I know what you mean about the price, it took me weeks until I decided to just buy one and I don't regret it. I use a full step and use my risers to bring it up to the height I need. I guess it depends if you have enough risers to get the appropriate height. I've seen some websites sell "Parallel Bars" and they are the same just heaps cheaper. Its so tuff! soooooooo many cool gym toys!

Well, I was lucky & found another set (the lebert) on CL. They don't seem to work all that well for me however and I may just re-sell. I'm too tall and my arms are too long. I cannot even really use them for inverted rows as I hang way too low. I think I'll have to get a proper adjustable one. That's very clever of you to use the risers. That'll probably work and I am gonna try that out 'till I resell and keep looking.;) lol.
If I had the room for a tower of some sort, I'd get one of those, but they seem to take up too much space.

Well, I was lucky & found another set (the lebert) on CL. They don't seem to work all that well for me however and I may just re-sell. I'm too tall and my arms are too long. I cannot even really use them for inverted rows as I hang way too low. I think I'll have to get a proper adjustable one. That's very clever of you to use the risers. That'll probably work and I am gonna try that out 'till I resell and keep looking.;) lol.
If I had the room for a tower of some sort, I'd get one of those, but they seem to take up too much space.
Oh no Elsie!! that's such a shame :( im so sorry I did not mention the height of the equaliser :( I guess I just assume everyone is as short as I am.
I know that you can buy the xtra height however, I think that will only boost you up three inches.
I hope you can resell with ease and not loose any cash.

Oh no Elsie!! that's such a shame :( im so sorry I did not mention the height of the equaliser :( I guess I just assume everyone is as short as I am.
I know that you can buy the xtra height however, I think that will only boost you up three inches.
I hope you can resell with ease and not loose any cash.

I knew the height was a little low after reading amazon reviews, but when I saw one up for sale, I just went for it anyway. lol. I thought I might make due and I buy 95% of my fitness stuff used, so I understand the risks. It isn't the first time I got myself something that just turned out to not be what I needed. I am sure I can resell. Thanks!
Just wanna caution others that if you are my height: 5 ft 7 & 3/4 inches (1.72 metres), it's probably not the best option.

I knew the height was a little low after reading amazon reviews, but when I saw one up for sale, I just went for it anyway. lol. I thought I might make due and I buy 95% of my fitness stuff used, so I understand the risks. It isn't the first time I got myself something that just turned out to not be what I needed. I am sure I can resell. Thanks!
Just wanna caution others that if you are my height: 5 ft 7 & 3/4 inches (1.72 metres), it's probably not the best option.

Elsie:

never surrender that 3/4 inch! We are the same height, more or less, you and me. And cardio twins! Actually, I came here to tell you I really like your new avatar. Very cute. Talk soon!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.