22 MINUTE HARD CORPS

desertambrosia

Cathlete
Anybody heard of this? Looks like it's a Tony Horton military type program. Some workouts use sandbags, some use weights, some use just your body weight. It looks very interesting. I'm going to keep watching for information. It may be a go for me. We'll see!! Any information appreciated. Just watched some You Tube. Check it out. One more thing, looks like it's all veterans in this workout. Release date March 2016. I think I'm in. And yes, it's a Beachbody release.

Last edited:
That looks intriguing. From the short clip it looks like a more serious side of Tony, which I think would be good because his jokes do get old so the workouts might have more staying power for me than his other stuff. I like the minimal equipment aspect, except the pull-up bar of course. Tony digs the pull-ups. I just wish he would do more of the workout himself and spend less time coaching.

Either way, this is the first Tony program I think I might buy. Sorry I have no info to offer, just musing out loud. Thanks for the heads-up, Miss K!

Lisa

That looks intriguing. From the short clip it looks like a more serious side of Tony, which I think would be good because his jokes do get old so the workouts might have more staying power for me than his other stuff. I like the minimal equipment aspect, except the pull-up bar of course. Tony digs the pull-ups. I just wish he would do more of the workout himself and spend less time coaching.

Either way, this is the first Tony program I think I might buy. Sorry I have no info to offer, just musing out loud. Thanks for the heads-up, Miss K!

Lisa

Totally agree, I'm not a huge Tony fan, but this looks very intriguing. I think it was P90X, by the end of that program, I was soooo tired of his "gun show" remark. But, I like what I see here. I will be watching this.

112toGuru, did you do P90X and get addicted to yoga? Or are you saying that you'll be doing yoga to avoid Tony, LOL! Either way, I wish I could spark an inner love for yoga like you have.
Lisa

You know Tony, and his love-the-yoga, kidding, I tried yoga every which way you can, and never really got comfortable with it, chalking it up to inflexibility, anatomy, each time though I got through a little more, then less. Totally frustrating. Half way through Ultimate Yogi, bailed, then bailed on disc one of YW365. I gave up. this year though I did so many things that I haven't done, JM Bodyshred, Zumba (still just love that), and more metabolic workouts than I can count I thought why not. 3 times straight through YW365 and working on a fourth, along with some other new practices mixed in. That's the long & short of it. I should thank him, but he's married now, and I'm crushed. :( (laugh here)

112toGuru, did you do P90X and get addicted to yoga? Or are you saying that you'll be doing yoga to avoid Tony, LOL! Either way, I wish I could spark an inner love for yoga like you have.

Lisa
I think my spark came from 1) meditation nearly everyday for a year with a focus on breathing and 2) doing workouts that were outside my wheelhouse, challenging both physically and to be okay with "it's enough". As always, consistent exercise year round, 6-7 days a week. YW365 is really good.

I think my spark came from 1) meditation nearly everyday for a year with a focus on breathing and 2) doing workouts that were outside my wheelhouse, challenging both physically and to be okay with "it's enough". As always, consistent exercise year round, 6-7 days a week. YW365 is really good.

Totally agree, big dividends working outside your comfort zone. My comfort zone is weights, heavy weights, light weights, barbells, and dumbbells. I have decided to mix it up, doing workouts that totally discombobulate me. For my weight work (still have to do some) it's been bodyweight with all of Mark Lauren's dvds. Horizontal Conditioning, yoga and mobility and flexibility work. One of the best decisions I've made, mixing it up! Highly recommend. One of the reasons I'm interested in Tony's new program.

DesertAmbrosia, which of Mark Lauren's DVDs is your favorite? I have EFX, Body Weight Training, and You Are Your Own Gym. Which would you go with? I've been wanting to incorporate them into my rotations, but don't know which to start with. What do you recommend? Thanks.

DesertAmbrosia, which of Mark Lauren's DVDs is your favorite? I have EFX, Body Weight Training, and You Are Your Own Gym. Which would you go with? I've been wanting to incorporate them into my rotations, but don't know which to start with. What do you recommend? Thanks.

My favorite is EFX. The moves are great, and production quality is very good. All three are very good workouts. I started with Body Weight Training, then You Are Your Own Gym, and last EFX. I also added Mobility Rx, another good one from Mark. I do Mobility Rx twice a week, and either three days of EFX, Body Weight Training, or YAYOG. Using one of the DVDs for a week, then another for a week, and so on. I work out twice a day, so in the evening I will add Horizontal Conditioning, or yoga, and a metabolic workout twice a week. This has been a very good rotation for me. It's out of my comfort zone, and has really kicked my behind, with excellent results. Have fun, good luck, and if you have any questions, please ask. More than happy to help.

Sometimes I feel people are put off by Yoga in the beginning because it's being mostly approached and therefore the body receives it as a 'workout', which in IMHO, it is not. It honestly takes years (and it needs to mentally and physically) to learn the asanas and mudras, so starting from a point of flow/vinyāsa is bound to contradict ease or a receptive body. Also, you have non-yoga instructors teaching it.
Just my cents on that. ;)

As for this upcoming workout, I generally do not buy anything BB until it may end up on Craigslist. They are overpriced, IMO. Or I am cheap. Or both! lol. If some of the proceeds from the sales went to an education fund fo veterans and/or veteran's families, that may sell it to me.
I don't mind Tony. Isn't my fave, but he isn't aggressive or anything.

Karen, exactly, I heart Tony, I actually do have his P90, and that's good for me in weights/cardio. My formula this year has been light cardio warm ups followed by main workout & sometimes a finisher, depending on length, I do like getting outside more too. That original P90X yoga was probably the first yoga "spark". I should pull that out again and see what it's like now. Never quite cliqued with Mark Lauren. Not yet anyway ;)

I agree, Beachbody products are overpriced. So far, Body Beast, is the only Beachbody program that I have used, and finished, and enjoyed. Most of their programs, have only two or three workouts that interest me. So, we will see.

I agree, Beachbody products are overpriced. So far, Body Beast, is the only Beachbody program that I have used, and finished, and enjoyed. Most of their programs, have only two or three workouts that interest me. So, we will see.
I have done a few, P90X, still a favorite. Chalene Extreme, another good one. Bought a discounted Turbofire, but did not follow through the entire series. I've been interested in many, T25, P90X3, Insanity, Asylum, even Piyo. Held back by trying or already doing something similar in focus or intensity, and when running, I tend to lean towards that almost exclusively. Hence the P90. With the yoga I'm kind of more in a beating sword into plowshare mode. Sorry Tony! Hello Rudy! Travis! I haven't paid full retail for everything, and find fitness videos to be a good value, even expensive ones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.