Ripped Hiit ? Every day ok? Why?

cocob1

Cathlete
Hi Cathe - this question is for you or anyone else who can help me understand why it's ok to do Ripped Hiit everyday. I thought it wasn't good to do Hiit or Tabata type workouts more than a few times a week. Is RHiit ok because it's different body parts even thought they are all Hiit?
I trust you Cathe and I'm going to start up with RHiit Plyo One in a few minutes. I'm starting with week 3 in the December monthly rotation. Is this a good place to start or should I start with the RHiit users guide first week 30 day? I have to say I'm glad to have shorter workouts for the next few weeks due to family/life/holiday time crunch. :) but I'm getting scared as to what I'm about to face in a few minutes.
Colleen aka/Cocob1

Hi Cathe - this question is for you or anyone else who can help me understand why it's ok to do Ripped Hiit everyday. I thought it wasn't good to do Hiit or Tabata type workouts more than a few times a week. Is RHiit ok because it's different body parts even thought they are all Hiit?
I trust you Cathe and I'm going to start up with RHiit Plyo One in a few minutes. I'm starting with week 3 in the December monthly rotation. Is this a good place to start or should I start with the RHiit users guide first week 30 day? I have to say I'm glad to have shorter workouts for the next few weeks due to family/life/holiday time crunch. :) but I'm getting scared as to what I'm about to face in a few minutes.
Colleen aka/Cocob1

Colleen:

not every day of the RWH series, if you follow one of the rotations listed in the WM, is a cardio workout, and even between the 4 main cardio workouts, only 2 are high impact. So, you aren't going to pound your joints to death. If you follow a rotation and you are getting excessively tired and sore as the days go by, then stretch the weekly workouts out to fit 8 or 9 days and insert more rest days of non-impact workouts like pilates and yoga, walking, swimming, etc.

What you don't want to do is do the RWH high impact cardio workouts 7 days per week.

Clare

Finished RHiit Plyo one & abs. Woah! I had to take longer breaks but I feel good. Loved it. Something to work towards ... again. I noticed all the crew were the "young'ins". Tell 'em I'm bring up the back stretch at 61. Thanks Cathe for pushing me to do what I wouldn't think I could do without you.
Colleen:

not every day of the RWH series, if you follow one of the rotations listed in the WM, is a cardio workout, and even between the 4 main cardio workouts, only 2 are high impact. So, you aren't going to pound your joints to death. If you follow a rotation and you are getting excessively tired and sore as the days go by, then stretch the weekly workouts out to fit 8 or 9 days and insert more rest days of non-impact workouts like pilates and yoga, walking, swimming, etc.

What you don't want to do is do the RWH high impact cardio workouts 7 days per week.

Clare

Thanks for "clarifying" Clare. :) I was wondering how the Hiit's worked on a regular basis. I'll do the Upper Body one tomorrow and see how that one is.
I haven't been able to use the Workout Manager for a long time ... it worked great a when it first came out and STS were new workouts and then a few years later it stopped working. All mish mosh and incomplete downloads.. I have Windows Vista and I also use Firefox for a browser. I wonder if that's why I can't get the Workout Manager to work properly. I gave up a long time ago. I just cut and paste Cathe's monthly rotations. Maybe next month I'll use one from the Ripped w/Hiit Users Guide. I can't afford to get a new laptop until this one dies. Thanks for your guidance as to how these new workouts work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.