Frustrated :(

ckanuckel

Cathlete
Ok so, approaching 45 and feeling like everythings heading south. I eat clean, do a variety of workouts, with all the different intensities and I feel as if I've hit a wall. I've developed thos layer of fat and don't know why. My legs have gotten so much cellulite in can't wear anything but pants. I'm at such a loss on what to do :( any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Fish oil helps me with my weight.

Have you looked into sea buckthorn oil? You can take it as a supplement, it seemed to help me as well. I started on it to help my eczema. It raises my body temp and made my skin really soft.

Have you tried an elimination diet lately? Food sensitivities can cause weight gain. Wheat belly comes to mind.

Are you doing yoga? It helps with fat loss even though it seems counter intuitive because it doesn't burn tons of calories. It helps move lymph around and stimulates your glands too. If I do my yoga, eat clean, get LSB cardio, and sleep then I lose weight even though I have a history of hormonal problems(precocious puberty at 3 years of age).

Meds can cause issues.

Ok so, approaching 45 and feeling like everythings heading south. I eat clean, do a variety of workouts, with all the different intensities and I feel as if I've hit a wall. I've developed thos layer of fat and don't know why. My legs have gotten so much cellulite in can't wear anything but pants. I'm at such a loss on what to do :( any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Awe I feel your pain Christine.:( I found I have to be much more strict with my diet in terms of both portion size and "clean" eating. I developed a gluten sensitivity in my 40's as well and also found with the hormone changes of peri-menopause that darn fat layer showed up in my belly!:mad:
Diet is the main thing (like reduce sugar/ processed carbs) but I also found more recently that I had to alter my workout routines with more weights and less cardio. I recently did 3 months of "studiosweat on demand" which has TONS of cardio worked into every video in some way and I've never had so much fat sticking to me -EVERRRR!!! Not happy - :mad: As soon as I cut back on cardio and just do a few short/ intense bursts along with weights I'm doing better. That's just my experience. Maybe start with looking more closely at your diet and go from there?
Good luck,
Jamie

Thanks for advice. I have had a gluten sensitivity for for so I cut that out along time ago. As far as medications I only have one I take which I've been on for yrs so don't think that's the problem. Not recently but have had thyroid checked a couple times in the past and it's fine and currently I don't have symptoms of that. Wondering if it's hormonal although not really symptomatic there a lot either. That's why is so frustrating UGH!

I am 54 and had to go to a low carb diet for exactly the same thing. I have been eating more carbs this summer and bam...cellulite showing on my legs. I ride my bike everywhere and work out but it doesn't seem to matter. I haven't figured out how to eat low carb during my active summer months and keep up my energy, so cellulite wins for now.

this might help

Inherent Health Genetic Tests

Inherent Health offers an affordable line of Genetic Tests that examines your DNA to give personalized recommendations for a healthier you. We offer tests in the following areas:
Weight Management
Heart Health
Nutritional Needs
Bone Health

This might help,let me know if you're interested

Teri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.