Any NASM certifified personal trainers here?

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Any NASM certified personal trainers here?

Hi,

I have been a WITS certified personal trainer for about a year now and at the suggestion of my boss I am currently studying for the NASM PT certification and will be letting my WITS cert expire. He feels NASM is the best of the best as far as education in the fitness industry goes and says it will help me tremendously in advancing my career so I am very excited about it.

I was just looking for some feed-back from other trainers on this certification...The good, the bad and the ugly are all welcome!

Anything you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:)

Last edited:
Hi, Fit Mommy, I am a NASM certified personal trainer. I concur with your boss in believing NASM provides an excellent training model. When I did my research prior to becoming certified, NASM stood out to me and resonated with my own personal approach to fitness.

I was blessed to have a school in my area that provided the certification. In my opinion, it was an intensive in class program; however, well worth the time and money.

I am not sure I am answering your questions. I hope this helped.

Thank you Murphymax.

That's exactly the type of info I was looking for! I purchased the at the study at home course with the 1/2 day seminar version. The online tools provided are amazing! I am very pleased. I also hear that the seminars NASM conducts are extremely informative and helpful.

How long have you been a trainer? Is it your fulltime career? I am part time right now plus I still have a full time office job. The goal is to be able to make the switch to full time training and ditch the office job completely within the next couple of years. I LOVE being a trainer!:D

Thank you Murphymax.

That's exactly the type of info I was looking for! I purchased the at the study at home course with the 1/2 day seminar version. The online tools provided are amazing! I am very pleased. I also hear that the seminars NASM conducts are extremely informative and helpful.

How long have you been a trainer? Is it your fulltime career? I am part time right now plus I still have a full time office job. The goal is to be able to make the switch to full time training and ditch the office job completely within the next couple of years. I LOVE being a trainer!:D

I am an ACE Certified PT, however, I wanted to focus on Athletic training and went ahead and became certified through NASM with their PES cert. I just really thought their textbook was easy to read and extremely thorough. I am actually thinking about getting another cert through Nasm...Corrective exercise.

Good luck, you made the right decision. I thought ACE is just as good, but I was really impressed with NASM.

Oh, wow, Fit Mommy, that is quite a work schedule working a full time office job and working part time as a trainer. Way to go! I bet you love when it is time to leave the office job for the day and meet with one of your clients to train.:D

I have been a trainer for 4 years. I am actually a behavioral health therapist in private practice. That is my full time role. My approach is holistic, in the sense, I believe we need to incorporate every aspect of the body (physical, psychological/emotional, spiritual) to heal.

I have always believed (and have read plenty of supporting research) that physical activity and food play a huge role in people being emotionally healthy. I decided I wanted to become a trainer so I could incorporate this component into my practice. So, I get to be personal trainer and therapist. It's the perfect blend for me and I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to do what I do.

I wish you the very best, Fit Mommy. It is evident you are driven and I am confident you will do very well and continue to love every minute of it.

Jdimascio, glad to hear you were not disappointed in the NASM certification. I also did the CE certification. I think you will appreciate the additional specialization and knowledge that certification offers.

I am an ACE Certified PT, however, I wanted to focus on Athletic training and went ahead and became certified through NASM with their PES cert. I just really thought their textbook was easy to read and extremely thorough. I am actually thinking about getting another cert through Nasm...Corrective exercise.

Good luck, you made the right decision. I thought ACE is just as good, but I was really impressed with NASM.

The studio I work at is small. It's only 3 of us (trainers) and that includes the owner. Anyway the other trainer-not the owner-is NASM certified with the PES cert. She really knows her stuff.

I think that the corrective exercise cert would be very useful. There are lots of people who could benefit from that. My boss is a big believer in corrective exercise. He assesses his clients regularly and and assigns corrective exercises as needed.

Last edited:
Oh, wow, Fit Mommy, that is quite a work schedule working a full time office job and working part time as a trainer. Way to go! I bet you love when it is time to leave the office job for the day and meet with one of your clients to train.:D

I have been a trainer for 4 years. I am actually a behavioral health therapist in private practice. That is my full time role. My approach is holistic, in the sense, I believe we need to incorporate every aspect of the body (physical, psychological/emotional, spiritual) to heal.

I have always believed (and have read plenty of supporting research) that physical activity and food play a huge role in people being emotionally healthy. I decided I wanted to become a trainer so I could incorporate this component into my practice. So, I get to be personal trainer and therapist. It's the perfect blend for me and I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to do what I do.

I wish you the very best, Fit Mommy. It is evident you are driven and I am confident you will do very well and continue to love every minute of it.

Jdimascio, glad to hear you were not disappointed in the NASM certification. I also did the CE certification. I think you will appreciate the additional specialization and knowledge that certification offers.

Sounds like you have the perfect well-rounded combination of skills to offer your clients. In fact, some say that when you are a trainer you take on the roll of therapist for your clients automatically ;) so you must be fantastic at the job!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.