MAY 2013 Get In Shape for Summer (con'd)

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month’s May 2013 rotation is the continuation of my “get in shape for summer” plan. It focuses mostly on explosive cardio and interval based workouts to keep the metabolism stimulated and in fat loss mode. I will also use STS Total Body and the GYM Style workouts as the main weight training sources to build muscle over this next month. Between building lean muscle mass and burning body fat you’ll be well on your way to getting Summer Fit.

Remember that high levels of activity burn more calories and the more you burn the hungrier you will feel. Nothing wrong with eating extra calories to support your active routine but eat the RIGHT foods. Some examples are to chop up veggies and dip them in a seasoned Greek yogurt, eat low sugar fruits like berries and granny smith apples, eat lean protein sources, and have a whey protein shake after a workout. Avoid simple sugar foods, junk foods, foods in boxes like cereals, pasta, hamburger helper mix ins, also avoid excessive dairy products and high sodium foods. DO DRINK WATER and SLEEP 7 to 8 hours a day!
These changes won’t all happen overnight but make a few every couple of weeks and by June you will Super Lean and Summer Fit!

WEEK ONE:
Mon… Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Tues… IMAX 3
Wed… Afterburn
Thurs… Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Fri….. Bootcamp (original from intensity series)
Sat… Gym Style Legs
Sun…Off

WEEK TWO:
Mon… Cardio Super sets
Tues… STS Total Body
Wed… Crossfire
Thurs… MMA Kickbox
Fri….. STS Total Body
Sat… Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
Sun…Off

WEEK THREE:
Mon… Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Tues… Hiit 30/30 plus Ab circuits weights and plates
Wed… Hardstrikes
Thurs… Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Fri….. Tabatacise (at least three of cycles but can do all if prefer)
Sat… Gym Style Legs
Sun…Off

WEEK FOUR:
Mon… MMA Boxing
Tues… STS Total Body
Wed… Intensity
Thurs… Hiit 40/20
Fri….. STS Total Body
Sat… Kick Punch and Crunch
Sun…Off

The only one that I don't have is GS Legs. I have most other leg WO's, so, what would be a good sub?

GS legs replacement

Cathe's new XTrain Leg workout is great, but then all the leg workouts are intense. The STS leg workouts are gym-style as well. I have to admit, I LOVE the Butt and Gutts DVD. So basically, I'd say put out all your Cathe leg workouts on the floor, close your eyes, and point to one. You can't go wrong! ;)

Cathe's new XTrain Leg workout is great, but then all the leg workouts are intense. The STS leg workouts are gym-style as well. I have to admit, I LOVE the Butt and Gutts DVD. So basically, I'd say put out all your Cathe leg workouts on the floor, close your eyes, and point to one. You can't go wrong! ;)

Hi Debbie!
(I don't think I've ever talked to you on Cathe's forum before, just on Facebook :D )

That's probably a good idea to close my eyes and point... I have all those that you mentioned along with Legs & Glutes, Pyramid LB, and more that I cannot remember!

I'm starting the rotation on Sunday or Monday; will you be doing it, too?

thanks!
~linda

wow

Wow, looks like a great month. I will be in Europe for most of the month but hope to buy some downloads that don't need weights so I can have my Cathe fix now and then!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.