Questions for Cathe

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I will be here tomorrow (Tuesday) 1:30pm to 2:30pm (Easter Time) to answer any questions you may have. You can also post any questions you have right here and if I get a chance I will start answering them ahead of time.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Cathe

Hi Cathe,
I am really enjoying xtrain! Hoping to be here tomorrow for the chat.

My question is, what is a good sub for the warrior sit ups and side plank moves in core 2, that
would target the same areas? My right shoulder will not support my weight.

Thank you so much,
Melissa

Hi Cathe,
I am in week 10 of the 90 day XTrain rotation and loving it!

Is it ok to split up a long weight workout in the same day? The leg workout in XTrain is longer than I have time for in the morning, but I love the different sections. Is it ok to do Standing + Ball in the morning, and Barre and Floor later in the same day?

Thanks!

100 rep challenge

Hi Cathe

I would like to ask how many times a week can you do the 100 rep challenges? For example Hip Thrusts, could I do these 3 times a week or would that be too much?

Thanks for all you do.

Have a great day

Hi Cathe!

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying XTrain! These workouts are so much fun! And effective too...I have noticed my strength has increased since starting Xtrain in January. I am looking forward to the new workouts too!

Thanks for all you do! You are truly an inspiration!

Have a great day,

Kelly:D

Hi Cathe,

I'm excited about your new Preorder. The workouts do sound like fun (but still hard). I was hoping you'd address the impact level for each. I know the cycle one will be zero impact, but what about the others?

Also, thank you for the article explaining low impact in this week's newsletter. Great article. Thanks for all you do.

Question on DOMS/muscle repair

Hi Cathe!

Thanks for giving us chances to connect with you and ask questions! :)

My question regards how long to wait between targeting muscle groups: If I were to exercise certain muscle groups (let's say on a Monday night) and I chose to follow the general guidelines of waiting at least 48 hours before targeting those muscle groups again, then my earliest time to target them would be Wed. night. But what if I have DOMS in those muscles on Wed. night? Is it still ok to work on them or should I wait until the DOMS subside? And what if the DOMS takes more than 3 days!? ;):eek:

I also want to put my .02 cents in for the crowd requesting low impact modifications to be included in the workouts (maybe one crew member performing the more higher impact exercises in a low impact way so we can see them done in 'real time' during the exercise).

Thanks again for your ENDLESS inspiration!! :D

Hi Cathe! I would like to know how things are coming along with the power tower? Are you still planning on bringing that back?
Thank you!
Rachel

Hi Cathe

Just wanted to say that I'm loving Xtrain. I've just started week 8 of the 90 Day program and I'm really seeing strength gains. Week 1 I nearly fell on my face when I attempted the triceps dips on my toes on Burn Sets. Last week I did the whole lot on my toes! Thank you!

I have a question about the rear delts section. I'm never quite sure whether I'm using the correct muscle in that section. Where should I be feeling it?

Thanks!

Rockout Knockout

Hi Cathe! My question is about the Rockout Knockout workout you will be filming. I was wondering if you were considering adding a bonus heavy bag section to this workout? Maybe more tabatas with both kicking and punching drills? There was a thread about this over in the new and upcoming workouts forum and it looks like several people would love another heavy bag section. Either way I can't wait for the new workouts!

Hi Cathe,

I don't have a question, just a comment - thank you so much for doing what you do and doing it so well. It would be easy for you to slack off and still sell tons of dvd's, but it is clear that you don't do that. Each dvd is a masterpiece and delivers exactly what you say it will deliver. With each new release I think this one is my favorite and she cannot outdo herself - but then you do. Thank you for everything, your programs are wonderful and have helped me so much over the years. Please keep doing what you are doing!

Murphy

Hi Cathe!
I am totally in love with your workouts and am so excited you keep giving us more all the time! I started working out more regularly about 6 weeks ago and have been doing more high impact workouts (Hiit, Tabatas, etc.) but my knees are giving me trouble. They only really hurt if I'm squatting or doing something like lunges. It feels like they hurt mainly on the top of the kneecap towards the quad muscle. Is there something I can do to not have them hurt so much? Do I just need to take a break? Thanks Cathe!

Hi Cathe! I am another one who would love some kickboxing tabata inspired drills in the Rockout Knockout workout! I absolutely adore every Hiit and tabata inspired workout you've put out so far and this would be an awesome addition to a kickboxing workout! :eek:

For my question, I was wondering if you have reconsidered doing a kettlebell inspired workout? I enjoy this one workout series called Kettlebell Kickboxing and I keep thinking how AWESOME it would be if you did something like that! The kettlebells are kept pretty light and alternated with MMA/kickboxing type moves, plus one of the people in it does the moves with a dumbell for modification. I especially enjoy using various kettlebells swings for low impact cardio. Thanks for all you do and your seemingly limitless energy! :eek:

Oh, and one more question...Have you ever thought about using a Matrix Menu on your dvds so people could pre-select which chapters they wanted to do for their very own premix creation? There are a few dvds on the market that do this, namely Shiva Rea and to a lesser extent the 10 Minute Solution dvds. TIA!

Last edited:
Hi Cathe! I don't have a question. Just wanted to thank you for XTrain and all you do for us to keep us fit and strong!!

Have a good day,
Bev

Hi Cathe!
I did prepost a question, but I thought of another. My blue tubing is too short for me to do overhead extensions. Is 20lb weight a good sub?
Thanks,
Melissa

Ah yes, some parts of me a stronger than others. I guess this is normal. I have never participated in live chat before. You are awesome!

My daughter, 9, who workouts with me occasionally, asked if it was weird that I talk to you on the tv. I said no, It will only be weird when you start talking back to me:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.