I'm so excited!

lilmo

Cathlete
Just thought I'd post an advance warning to everyone I'm going to be meeting soon. I was in a nasty cycling accident back in May, where I landed on my face at 25 mph. Long story short, it took them 6.5 hours to piece my face back together again in the Emergency Room. I still look kind of freaky and can't really smile from where they stitched my upper lip back together. Even talking is a challenge. Please know that I am super excited to meet everyone, so don't be offended if I don't seem to react appropriately with my "Franken-face".

I thought I'd be further along with my recovery by now, but the stitches have not fully dissolved and I'm just having to be patient.

See you all soon!
Mona

Awww Mona!!!! <<<Hugs>>> to you along with major KUDOS on your progress, strength, and perseverance. I can't wait to meet you!

Aww Mona! Sorry about your accident :-(. Glad you are still able to attend. Can't wait to meet you!
Tracy

Mona, thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry you haven't fully healed yet. How did your accident happen? I started cycling a lot this past March and worry sometimes about that. I get a bit nervous because I always bike alone and sometimes wonder what would happen if I had an accident and was unable to call for help. :confused:

Mona, I'm so happy you are still coming. I had knee surgery in March and have had tons of problems since. Can't bend my knee and I'm always in pain but I too am still going:) Maybe Cathe can have a class for those of us with special issues!! LOL Can't wait to meet you. We're both going to have a ton of fun!! Mare

Soooo glad you decided to still come! Come say helloooo! I can't wait to see you! Falling off my bike is such a fear I have...I always think of losing all my teeth! :eek: Sounds like you've been thru a lot! Prayers for more healing!

Pedmom - Carry ID (and insurance card) or wear a Road ID. That was the one time in MONTHS I didn't wear my Road ID. Lesson learned.

Mare - I can't wait to meet you. I am sure Cathe will embrace us, scars and all!

Debbie - 1 broken tooth and 2 badly chipped ones that still need to be fixed. A mouth guard is very tempting right now.

On a high note, today I rode the route I had set out to do the day of the accident. Mission accomplished!

Pedmom - Carry ID (and insurance card) or wear a Road ID. That was the one time in MONTHS I didn't wear my Road ID. Lesson learned.

I always have my cell phone on me with my "ICE" contact. I never thought to bring my driver's license. Good idea.

ICE is a good idea, but remember if your phone has a locking key pad, like iphones, where you have to type in a pass code to access, no one will be able to pull up your ice number.

Terina said:
Look forward to meeting you Mona!!!! :)

Hi Mona. Well I either didn't get to meet you or the remnants of your accident aren't as bad as you think. If the former I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.