Mad men

Man Med obsessed fan over here!!!

So excited to see Don and the rest of the cast (but mostly Don, I have a huge crush!!! :eek: )

We should have a TV Series thread !!! :eek:

Natasha

It's been a long wait for us Mad Men fans. Peggy is my favorite character. I don't expect Don Draper's engagement to last (surely he'll come to his senses and realize it was a hasty decision), but we'll see as this season unfolds. Such fun to speculate.

DH and I are chomping at the bit waiting for the new season! We've been getting our Mad Men fix by watching past episodes on On Demand...

Can't wait!

CAN. NOT. WAIT. It's been too long without my sexy Don Draper!

We get all the good ones back this year! Mad Men, The Killing, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, AND Hell on Wheels!!

It's been a long wait for us Mad Men fans. Peggy is my favorite character. I don't expect Don Draper's engagement to last (surely he'll come to his senses and realize it was a hasty decision), but we'll see as this season unfolds. Such fun to speculate.

I am a big fan of Peggy. She has so much dimension. I am also not sure about the engagement........I believe he rushed it. But it's better than being with Betty. She was starting to really get on my nerves last season :mad:. How she fired her nanny!!! I hope her marriage goes down the toilet :eek:

Who else is loving Breaking Bad besides Natalie? I am psyched for next season!!! That series is pure genius.

Natasha, I seriously have DVRed episodes of Puppies vs. Babies to watch after Breaking Bad (and The Walking Dead) to help bring me back to my happy place.:eek:!!! I LOVE that Bryan Cranston has such the genius and dimension that he can become both the uproariously comedic Hal from Malcolm in the Middle, and the intensely dark Walter White. I just can't get enough of that show! I found a Gustavo Fring mask at Halloween last year...you know, from his last moments! SO AWESOME!

Love Breaking Bad, which I just discovered in October when I was laid up and watched TV 16 hrs a day (awful, really). I haven't seen the 4th season because it wasn't available on Netflix, but hope to catch it before the new season starts.

So, about Don...how many here look at John Hamm and think "Handsome guy, seems really nice, good sense of humor, I'd so date him" but when he's playing Don think "What a jerk, but I wish I had me some of that...now". He is a good looking man, but dressed up as Don, sheesh, he's transformed. sigh...

Love Breaking Bad, which I just discovered in October when I was laid up and watched TV 16 hrs a day (awful, really). I haven't seen the 4th season because it wasn't available on Netflix, but hope to catch it before the new season starts.

So, about Don...how many here look at John Hamm and think "Handsome guy, seems really nice, good sense of humor, I'd so date him" but when he's playing Don think "What a jerk, but I wish I had me some of that...now". He is a good looking man, but dressed up as Don, sheesh, he's transformed. sigh...

SO TRUE! He is a giant fireball of scorching libido...can I say that here? :eek: Also, he is freaking hysterical on 30 Rock! Have you seen the hooks-for-hands episode?! Or the Valentine's Day hallucination?! Here they are for you. :D
30 Rock Recap: Onan -- Vulture
30 Rock - Liz Hallucinates - YouTube

I've read the actress who plays Betty, January Jones, has found that people aren't separating her from her character. People felt sorry for her in the first season but, as Betty has become a less sympathetic character, Jones has noticed a difference in how the public treats her.

I, for one, think she's seems kind of cold and standoffish. . . :p:eek:

I'm not surprised to hear that January Jones has felt a backlash because her character is not very likable. I think Carroll O'Connor who played Archie Bunker on All in the Family had a similar problem with people thinking he was as ignorant as Archie (he's actually very intelligent). I don't see Betty's marriage to Henry Francis lasting. It seemed like more of a convenient ticket out of an unhappy marriage to Don Draper than true love, and Henry Francis seems exasperated by her sometimes childlike behavior. Firing the children's long-time nanny was a bit much. The season 5 opening episode will be 2 hours long. I can't wait.

"The season 5 opening episode will be 2 hours long."

REALLY? Best news ever!!! I have had serious Dan Draper withdrawal. And, yes, he is sometimes a despicable human being, but OH, HOW I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR HIM!!! :) His SUITS??? Oh. My. Gosh. Could not be hotter!!

(makes me kinda get it when women date really hot jerks!!):eek:

So, I guess I missed the season when Peggy was pregnant and in denial about the whole thing. Who is the father? The co-worker that got married or Don? I don't remember the co-worker's name, he became one of the new partners.

I read an article by the kid that plays the son of January Jones on the show. He said that she was scary because she stayed in character the whole time she was on set and was not approachable.

I believe Peggy's pregnancy was in season 1. There's an episode guide on the Mad Men website (Mad Men – AMC). I'd answer your question about the father here but I do not want to spoil things for people reading this forum who might be just starting to watch old episodes. If you missed all or any part of season 1 or other seasons, you might be able to find them on disk at your library. Some cable TV companies also make reruns available on demand. Peggy's professional and style evolution over the course of the four seasons that have aired to date are fun to watch.

Thanks, sorry if I gave away any spoilers. I assumed that most fans of the show have been watching since it first came on. I started at the end of the first season.

I love alot of the AMC shows. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, The Killing. For some reason I could not get into Hell on Wheels. I think my tv watching schedule was just so full that I couldn't add one more thing to my dvr.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.