Good spin dvd's?

msmik

Cathlete
I love Cycle Max.

But since Cathe has only 1 spin video, I need to look for a few more from other instructors. Can anyone help with some advice? Please let me know of some other good videos.

Kimberly

Mindy Mylrea has some

I have several of hers. My newest favorite - really above all my spin DVDs because of its challenge level and its versatility is "Short and Sweet." I love adding spinning to a weight workout. Short and Sweet is three 20-minute spin workouts that can be combined or each done alone. Several options for chaptering. One workout is Tabata (LOVE it!!), one is hills, and one is kind of normal interval spin. I really like Mindy!

I have several of hers. My newest favorite - really above all my spin DVDs because of its challenge level and its versatility is "Short and Sweet." I love adding spinning to a weight workout. Short and Sweet is three 20-minute spin workouts that can be combined or each done alone. Several options for chaptering. One workout is Tabata (LOVE it!!), one is hills, and one is kind of normal interval spin. I really like Mindy!

I absolutely agree!!! Short and Sweet is an excellent spinning DVD, it's fun and the time just flies by.

...Cheryl

I have several from spinning.com. They invented it, so.... They're less like a gym class and more like a street ride. Lots of long climbs, pace and tension changes, etc. Anything with Josh Taylor, in particular are good. You can also get them on Amazon.

I have several but my favorite is Cy-Yo Live - it's 10 minutes of yoga followed by 40 minutes of cycling then another 10 minutes of yoga at the end. I love the rockin' music and find the instructor very motivating. There's two workouts on the dvd, both similar but different enough iykwim. I bought mine on ebay without being able to find any video clips of it anywhere (the one on the website Cy-Yo - Cycle/Yoga fitness workout doesn't seem to work for me) and have been very happy with it. Have had mine for a while now and wish they'd come out with more. I'm still struggling to get through Cycle Max cos of all the standing work - one day!

Spinervals are enjoyable. The music isn't great, but the workout is pretty tough. Not much standing, at least in the half dozen I've tried, but the sweat factor is awesome. If you go to their website, they have a page full of them. I've tried some others that make it look like your riding with a pack and on roads and they give me motion sickness. Collage has a few cycle workouts on their site to preview. Our library has Mindy's Tabata workout, so I'm going to try it after seeing the great reviews on here.

I don't have any other spinning DVDs. On Saturday, I decided to test my knowledge of what I learned from Cathe's Cycle Max. Put my on headphones and just starting spinning. I did hill climbs, jumps, sprints...all the stuff Cathe has us do. I did about 45 minutes and I was pleasantly surprised by the burn I got. I don't have a heart rate monitor, but could tell from the sweat and the feeling in my legs that I got a good workout.

Give it a try; you just might surprise yourself!

Lisa

Hi Kimberley,

Like you, I am searching for more spin dvds. Are you using your bike on a trainer? Or did you buy an indoor cycle?

Jeff Wimmer, from Studio Cycle, gave me two spinning.com dvds to get me started. SPINNING SPIN AND BURN DVD with Josh Taylor, Louise Hernandez and Mike Michels is short and a worthwhile dvd. I use it on upper body lifting days as a warm up, the time flies. I think I'll buy a couple of more Spinning.com dvds.

I also bought these,Indoor Cycling Training Workout Videos and DVDs for a change of pace. There are a few things I don't like about them - his boring voice, think monologue in a monotone, and also the brake cable being visible in the camera frame. There is a music only option, which is from Beatbox.com. I do like the rider view-point, and it also gives the feeling of a long group ride. Some of the scenery was nice, and to be fair, the group road cycling information he gives through out is interesting and informative, but honestly, I cannot recommend them.

On my wish list I have these: epicRIDES Virtual Cycling DVDs - The best quality spinning & cycling DVD for indoor cyclists. The market's best Virtual Ride DVDs and DDLs.

Jennifer Sage offers a lot of great information here: IndoorCyclingAssociation.com

Great playlists here: Leave it on the Bike

One of my friends likes to ride with the pack in race format, and really enjoys these workouts. The promo for Hell Hath No Fury made me laugh out loud. Cycling training videos - The Sufferfest

There are also these: Endurance Films - Cycling Training - RIDES: Ultimate Combo Offer

and these: Global Ride Video Productions Virtual Cycling DVDs which look good and I'm on the fence about.

Don't forget about every Cathlete's favorite voice: Cardio Coach™ Downloads for iPods & Mp3 Players :D:D I never tire of Sean.

If you buy Mindy Mylea let me know what you think, please. I've been wondering if I'd like it or not. Good music is a plus.

:D

Last edited:
I just assembled my new spin bike-yea-& will be doing cycle max for the first time today!! Love this thread - looking for addt'l DVDs too. So, thank you!!

I also have on the way some of the mindy DVDs - will try them in the next few weeks & report back here.

I am also a cardio coach fan - every fitness buff 'needs' those!!!

Also meant to add - I hope Cathe does more spin workouts in the future... (just in case she or her team tune in to this thread...)

I recently began doing Spinervals and have bought several. I agree that the music is not great, but the workouts are awesome. Plus, Brenda is in one of them (lean and mean). It felt like working out with a familiar face!
I bought one Global Ride and returned it. They filmed the whole thing with rain drops on the camera lens. You cannot clearly see anything . Boring too.

Hi,

I too have mindy Mylrea DVDs and suggest these for a quick and challenging spinning workout. Tabata trek is great!!! You do 4 minute rounds on the bike and then 4 minute rounds of hiit exercises off the bike. It breaks up the cycling and is a very challenging workout!!!!

I too hope Cathe will produce more spinning DVDs. Cycle max is awesome but need more spin DVDs so you can have a variety to chose from with Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.