metabolic workouts

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
Cathe,

Thanks for the newsletters, I love the steady stream of info in just the right portion. : )

In addition to Afterburn and Cardio Supersets, which workouts or workout premixes do you consider to be Metabolic? In general, do you think that bootcamp or circuit style workouts have a greater metabolic factor?

Thanks!

I'm interested in this also. I love metabolic training... And I am pretty curious to see if this year Cathe will create new work-outs built according to metabolic training criteria.

Musclecar: I love your avatar pic! I grew up with boxers. We just had to put one of ours down last week due to cancer. They truly are the best dogs ( I'm a bit biased though)

Awww thanks Kariev! That's my boy..he's such a character, he cracks me up all the time:D

So sorry to hear about your baby:( (((Hugs to you))) It's a tough thing to go through. I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Metabolic training is any workout that uses compound exercises with little rest between the exercises in an effort to raise your heart rate, burn more calories, and increase your metabolic rate during and after your workout. I have used a form of metabolic training (at least to some degree) in my videos like Boot Camp and Drill Max.

As far as circuit or bootcamp style workouts having a greater metabolic factor, I would say, as long as they are designed effectively, yes because this combination builds more lean muscle mass as it burns calories. This means overall stronger workouts and increased fat burn!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Cathe,

Thanks for the newsletters, I love the steady stream of info in just the right portion. : )

In addition to Afterburn and Cardio Supersets, which workouts or workout premixes do you consider to be Metabolic? In general, do you think that bootcamp or circuit style workouts have a greater metabolic factor?

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.