Botox experience requested

Jasmin416

Cathlete
Hi

I made an appointment to get botox and I'm trying to do research. I'm 37... I'm doing it more for preventative because I find I keep scrunching my forehead and the fine lines are kinda showing up. I thought maybe I could keep my forehead from wrinkling too much if I relax the muscle.
So I made an appointment with a med spa and told them I wanted the minimum amount of work and my reasons for doing this and although I haven't gotten there we figure it may be 10-15 units at $12 per unit.

Questions: Am I wasting my time even thinking this will prevent wrinkles much? I don't have the squinting concentration lines between my brows, just more the horizontal fine lines. I'm also a little worried that I'm going to feel that area is paralyzed or will the sensation of not moving the muscle as much be barely noticeable?

I have the deep eleven lines on my brow. I did it about two years ago for my 50th birthday. The look was subtle, I mean I didnt look surprised or overdone. My only complaint it last less than three months and I just couldnt afford to continue that luxury at the time. I've decided to embrace my mature beauty. :)

This is just my opinion of course, but You seem young (at 37) to think about botox. If your lines are fine, have you tried a microderm abrasion treatment instead?

Good luck

Carmen.

Jasmin416
You're not wasting your time if it is something you want for yourself. You will get great results using Botox and you will not feel paralyzed at all. You will however, need future treatments but they say the more treatments you have, the more time between treatments. $12 per unit is cheap, they are $20 where I live.

My area seems to be $12-15 but some places required a minimum amount of 20 units used which I didn't like. I expect it to only last 3 months but I don't want to feel any strange sensations for 3 months either. Appointment is Tuesday.

I first got it about a year ago (at age 44) because I had VERY deep 11s - those vertical lines between the eyebrows. I am happy with the results, but there is a problem. New vertical lines developed, away from the middle of the eyebrows,on the ends of the eyebrows. Apparently I have very strong and stubborn brow muscles. The good thing is that those vertical lines on the ends are only there in the morning (I must be very angry while I sleep because they are always worse when I wake up lol) and go away quickly.

It's also $20 per unit where I live. $12 would be a great deal! I would say to try it and see how you like it. But you need to realize that when it wears off the wrinkles will come back. It is not going to prevent new wrinkles from forming unless you continue getting it.

Oh and I was nervous about it hurting-it didn't hurt much at all.

I had the "mean mom" look. Last April I had botox done. Loved the results. frist dose lasted 4 months. went back in August for a repeat, was told to come back in December, do not feel the need to go back yet...
go for it! I just turned 50 2 weeks ago...I will repeat as needed

I've had botox twice in the glabella area in between my eyebrows only. I can still raise my eyebrows, just can't "scrunch" them when I frown. It's usually about $325 each time and it lasts around 3-4 months. I'm way overdue at this time and need to go in soon. I love how it works, and is not very painful at all to get done. It really does soften down those lines. My doctor told me that if left too long, those deep furrowed lines also need fillers to fill in the deep groove.

To each his own, but I love botox!

Please don't tell me there is animal testing involved with Botox :(

I don't use it, but would just like to know.

Thanks.

According to the searches on the Internet, yes, animal testing and Botox go hand in hand. Here is one link: Angel For Animals » Animal Testing – Dying for Botox? and a quote
"Whether it is to be used for therapeutic or cosmetic application, each and avery batch of Botox must be thoroughly tested before Allergan, the company that manufactures Botox under licence, is permitted to release it to the doctors and dermatologists who will use it.

The sad fact is that in order to determine the correct potency of Botox, the key ingredient of which is botulinum toxin which is the most poisonous substance known to mankind, Allergan must use a highly questionable test known as LD50. Its sole purpose is to find the precise dose that will kill 50% of the animals used in the test. The full name of that test, by the way, is “Lethal Dose 50 Percent”."

Facebook has a page "Stop botox testing on animals!
Stop botox testing on animals! | Facebook

Begs to be asked then, so you are saying that Botox should be banned? I don't use Botox, I've been curious about it, and I bet most women reading this are too. In other words, your implying that humans should bite it right?

Oh I just watched a dr oz show on Botox lol. Make sure you get educated before you get injected :) so you know what questions to ask them very important!! Program :).

Just a side note - Ld50 is very sad but is on so many things!!!!! It's even done with your pets flea meds etc it's disgusting but I don't know if we could avoid it if we tried?????

Last edited:
Just a side note - Ld50 is very sad but is on so many things!!!!! It's even done with your pets flea meds etc it's disgusting but I don't know if we could avoid it if we tried?????

I personally mind animal testing only on vanity products. I understand the importance of animal testing in medicine but as soon as it goes into make-up, facial creams, etc. I am against it.

I personally mind animal testing only on vanity products. I understand the importance of animal testing in medicine but as soon as it goes into make-up, facial creams, etc. I am against it.

I agree 100%, but botox is not used for cosmetic purposes only. This is used on people who suffer migraines, and if you ever lived with a migraine that lasted one month you would do anything to make it go away. :(

I can't remember who said it, but I love the quote, "Bangs are better than Botox". Probably because I wear bangs and they do help cover the 11's! Cheaper, too.

I can't remember who said it, but I love the quote, "Bangs are better than Botox". Probably because I wear bangs and they do help cover the 11's! Cheaper, too.

And don't forget: We are all living beings, not a dead photoshopped image we are exposed to every day.

botox

I know alot of younger woman (30's) that use botox. I have been using it for about 5 years, I am 60, I love it. About a year ago, a new product came out to rival botox called dysport. I tried it & I felt it lasted longer & the results were alot faster than botox. They are about the same price but dysport offers $50 rebates. I have it done every 4 - 6 monts depending on my finances. I have it done between my eyebrows & for my crowsfeet. It costs be $250 per area & with the dysport coupon it comes out cheaper than botox. When dysport came out it was supposed to be cheaper than botox, it is, BUT you need alot more dysport than botox so the price comes out the same. I also have mine done by a board certified plastic surgeon who only works on the neck up. If y ou have any other questions feel free to send me a private email,

Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.