I have not done Cathe in a long time and....

Yoly

Hello everyone! I want to get back into my Cathe groove and do some step aerobics and wt strengthening but was hoping to get some buddies in on my progress so I can have some motivation and accountability. I had lost a bunch of weight at the start of 2011 preparing for a half marathon and in June my PTA program began full-time and I don't have much time to workout. I am slowly but surely gaining it all back (was 135 and now am up to about 147...Eeeek!) I want to get ready for Christmas and New Years and be a little leaner and ready to go up a notch with my fitness goals at that time. So, who's with me?

Yolanda (Yoly)

I'm working on losing 10 I gained over the summer and 50 that just need to hit the road;) I'm back into weighing my eats, keeping my food journal, and weighing myself. Its not easy to be honest with myself, but hey, thats how its done. Also, these new workouts do help.:):D

Welcome back!

Alisha

Ok Yoly.....I'm in! It's been far too long since I did my last Cathe workout.......8 months or so due to lower back issues. I've received my new DVDs and haven't even opened them up yet.....what the heck is wrong with me? So, tomorrow morning I'm committed to doing a workout. I hope soon to be back in the groove......

Yay!

Ok Spice Girl....today I will commit to doing my first workout in A LONG TIME. I am going to do low impact step. I will post later today when I complete the workout. You do the same, k?

I am with you! It has been too many months to even count. I am hoping the new workouts will jumpstart my fitness routine.

Let's DO IT!!

Let's do it Prickly Pear!! That is what I am trying to do....jumpstart my fitness routine! By end of day lets get back here and report something

Ok...Done!

I awoke feeling like "ok, this is it"....time to get moving. I opened my LIS DVD's and started with "After Burn". I have to admit I made it through, but probably at 50% (with 5 pound weights) or less in some spots. Boy, am I out of shape! Normally this would be very depressing to me, but I know I can't beat myself up about it. Every day I'll get a little stronger.

I have a question for anyone of might know: Is it best to continue with this DVD until I master it? or should I move on until I feel stronger? Just curious what you all think.

Thanks again Yoly.....I really think you've motivated me to get in the groove again! :) I look forward to hearing how your workout went today.....

Ok. Last night my husband and I were going to go to B-dubs's to watch the OSU vs Wisconsin game and I was getting dressed to go 'out' and none of my cute outfits would fit me. I came out and told my husband I was not up to going out (I did not tell him it was because I could not find anything that fit me; except my fat jeans and a baggy jersey) I cried late at night. THis morning I woke up and did my first cathe workout in about 5 months. I did segment 1 and 2 of Low Impact Step - Premix Cardio Segment Timesaver. It was about 25 minutes long. My whole body was shaking when I was done. I felt a little winded but I was very sweaty. I am proud of myself and thought of this thread and how it really is helping me to put one foot in front of the other. Thanks guys. I'll report here soon again.

Yoly said:
Ok. Last night my husband and I were going to go to B-dubs's to watch the OSU vs Wisconsin game and I was getting dressed to go 'out' and none of my cute outfits would fit me. I came out and told my husband I was not up to going out (I did not tell him it was because I could not find anything that fit me; except my fat jeans and a baggy jersey) I cried late at night. THis morning I woke up and did my first cathe workout in about 5 months. I did segment 1 and 2 of Low Impact Step - Premix Cardio Segment Timesaver. It was about 25 minutes long. My whole body was shaking when I was done. I felt a little winded but I was very sweaty. I am proud of myself and thought of this thread and how it really is helping me to put one foot in front of the other. Thanks guys. I'll report here soon again.

Awww, just keep at it...one day at a time! If you work hard between now and Christmas, you will start feeling the changes. Don't give up, just keep going! BTW, I'm in Ohio and we watched the game last night...was that a nail biter or what? Whew!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

spicegirl said:
Ok...Done!

I awoke feeling like "ok, this is it"....time to get moving. I opened my LIS DVD's and started with "After Burn". I have to admit I made it through, but probably at 50% (with 5 pound weights) or less in some spots. Boy, am I out of shape! Normally this would be very depressing to me, but I know I can't beat myself up about it. Every day I'll get a little stronger.

I have a question for anyone of might know: Is it best to continue with this DVD until I master it? or should I move on until I feel stronger? Just curious what you all think.

Thanks again Yoly.....I really think you've motivated me to get in the groove again! :) I look forward to hearing how your workout went today.....

IMO, you did amazing! AfterBurn is one HARD workout! I just did it yesterday for the first time and it kicked my butt big time! I'd say, keep it in your rotation and I bet each time you do it, you will get stronger. I would def rotate it with other workouts. Sooo many great ones in the new series to choose from and not enough days in the week. :)

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Oh.....the DOMS!!! first thing this morning.....DWL

Feeling better now that I'm warming up a bit. I think I'll take the day off as not to hurt myself. I promise I'll be back at it tomorrow first thing in the AM.

"Thanks" DebbieH.......for responding and for your encouragement!;) Hang in there Yoly.....

Ok. So reading your posts have inspired me to get back into a 'regular' routine and not just a workout here and there. Im committed to 5/week. How about you?

I am game too... over the last 4 and a half years I have managed to gain 26 pounds that I have commited to getting rid of. I started doing Cathe again regularly last week. You should start a seperate check in in the check in's forum.

Katie

OK! I opened draws I haven't opened in quite some time and dusted off the workout clothes. Even found some I forgot I had!
Smarty me decided that Turbo Barre looked the easiest to start back with. Yeah right! I probably won't be walking normal for several days or raising my arms over my head for awhile!
Started trying to eat cleaner also. Hid the kids candy so I won't be tempted and it was oatmeal for breakfast.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Last edited:
Lets do it!! Raise your right hand and pledge your committment to get healthy once again. I just did. But I may need your support when I dont feel like working out... :)

ok. I'm game. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes....you did!" For all to hear.....

Well, I'm here to say....it's day 2 and it's already getting easier. Just being in the right frame of mind makes all the difference. Good thing no one was around to see me do those "Disc Burbies".......I'm sure that wasn't pretty!!!:D:eek:
I'm sitting here, a sweaty mess and so proud of myself. Time for a protein shake....Have a great day everyone!!!;)

P.S. I'll look into a check in forum thing.....good idea Katie. Great Job Prickly Pear.....I'll be thinking of you today as I think we're in the same boat.:eek:

I was thrilled to see this discussion here. I've been telling myself for weeks now that it's time to get back at it but I have been unable to get any routine going. I've even been setting my alarm earlier thinking that I'm going to get up and start exercising but I hit the snooze every day.

Thanks for being here at just the right time. I'm going to do it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.