I have not done Cathe in a long time and....

I was thrilled to see this discussion here. I've been telling myself for weeks now that it's time to get back at it but I have been unable to get any routine going. I've even been setting my alarm earlier thinking that I'm going to get up and start exercising but I hit the snooze every day.

Thanks for being here at just the right time. I'm going to do it!

Good for you Volleyball Life! You CAN do this!
No one has checked in for a day or 2 so I thought I would see how things are going. I did a some of Afterburn yesterday and am hobbling around today. Thinking some yoga is in order for today as that is all I will be able to muster!

I'll join you guys. I have not been working out consistently for some time and really need the motivation to get back into it. I am getting too old to just let things slide now. I decided to follow Cathe's November rotation for LIS and did Afterburn yesterday. It was very difficult, but I managed to complete MOST of it. My thighs are a bit sore today so am glad today is OFF day in her rotation. I will do some stretching or do Yoga Relax if I have time.

I think we need to move to the Check In forum, though, so we don't annoy everybody here with our daily checkins. We need to come up with a name for our thread. Any thoughts???

I am on board with a check-in but I'm terrible with coming up with names so I'll leave that to the other members. :) I failed in my attempt to get up this morning and workout. The worst part is that I was up and out of bed early enough to do something. However, I just felt super tired and ended up crawling back in bed and reset the alarm. :( Tomorrow is another day though so I'm going to try again.

-Tracee

Tracee--Been there, done that. Lots of stops and starts. You will do this when you are ready. You just have to decide that you are ready. Everybody has, or once had, mornings like that. We just have to find a way to work through it until it becomes a habit to get up and work out. Then we will be okay.

One thing I have done is taken the quote, "If not me, then who . . . If not now, when," and printed it out in giant font, all caps, on green cardstock. I had it laminated and I prop it up on my kitchen counter so it is the first thing I see in the morning. That way, if I try to tell myself "not today," it reminds me of all the many days I have said "not today." While this may not work for you, or anybody else, it might help you think of some other tactic or some other quote that will work for you. Sometimes we just have to trick ourselves into doing what is best for us!!

Anyway, hang in there. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to do better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.