Countdown! - For you Jean!

I feel like a little kid, too! I asked my husband to get my suitcase down from the attic yesterday and he was looking at me like I was crazy haha. I just can't wait!! :) !

OK here's some questions for all the girls who've been there before -
1. is there anything that I should bring that isn't on the list? you know- the one thing you wished you had brought but didn't?

2. What's the scoop on water bottles- is there a fountain to refill from?

3. Do we really change out of stinky work out clothes, into street clothes, and then change again into fresh workout clothes? haha you can tell I am a first timer... thanks!

There is a water fountain to refill water bottles, so that's not a problem.

I don't usually bother to change in and out of street clothes. I just change into my next workout outfit and eat dinner/lunch (depending on which day) in that.

Also, my favorite RT tip: there is a kmart next door to the hotels, so if you've forgotten anything, it is just a short walk away. (There is also a Target and the mall nearby, but you need a car [or a friend with a car] to get there.)

Jenn, funny you should mention the Cathlete shirts...I was gathering all of my Cathe shirts to decide what to bring, and realized that I have so many of them (including RT shirts and the ones I made myself) that I might be able to wear nothing but Cathe shirts all weekend! And I might just do that! :eek:

Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends!

I can be the friend with a car :D Find me if you need a ride.

My fav tips:

Bring a sweatshirt or like to the gym The fans can get very cold after a huge sweat a thon

Quarters for the lockers, I bring a roll so I have enough to give out to the folks who forgot.

I'm with Jodi, I change into my next workout outfit. I do bring 2 pairs of shoes, so one can dry out a bit after a workout.

There's limited ice at the gym, so fill up at the hotel. There is plenty of water.

Wet wipe baby things. Great for a quick clean up. I buy a small portable pack.

Hard soled shoes are not allowed in the gym, I don't even bring them.

Bring a towel if you plan on using the shower...the first time I had to use a bandana sized towel when I forgot mine.

Hmmm, I'm sure I'll think of a few more. Can't wait to meet you, and ask away if you you have more questions.

That was extremely helpful Melissa, thanks! Never thought about the quarters for the lockers or the sweatshirt idea!

yes! last time I used alot more quarters than i expected. Stupid things like- darn forgot my socks- open locker then need two more quarters! haha! Try to remember to take everything you need out when you do open it!!

My tip for today- When you're choosing a water bottle to bring it's smart to see if it's small enough to fit inside of your riser during step (and doesn't leak when laying on it's side!!) . That way when Cathe gives you a water break you can just lift the step and grab it instead of having to run off to the side of the room.

There is a water fountain to refill water bottles, so that's not a problem.

Jenn, funny you should mention the Cathlete shirts...I was gathering all of my Cathe shirts to decide what to bring, and realized that I have so many of them (including RT shirts and the ones I made myself) that I might be able to wear nothing but Cathe shirts all weekend! And I might just do that! :eek:

Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends!

I think you should go full on Cathe shirts all weekend! Why the heck not!! :D

As for towels, I have rented them from gym in previous years. Not sure if they still do that. It was $2.00 for a shower towel and $1.00 for a hand towel.

I know it's listed somewhere, but the best suggestion I have loved over the years is taking a large zip lock bag for each of your next workouts. Place your next outfit in it with everything you need ie: new sports bra, fresh socks and underwear, workout clothes. When you change into those clothes put your sweaty, stinky ones in the zip lock bag. That way you won't get the other stuff in you locker all sweaty. Just remember when you get back to hotel to take stuff out of the zip lock bag to dry out. Otherwise you will have mildewy clothes when you get back home.

I can't believe we are approaching the 2 week mark. Two weeks from today, I should be pulling into the hotel parking lot. The waiting has actually gone by fast. It will be great seeing each of you.

Jean

Loving the tips...very useful since this will also be my first Glassboro Road Trip.

Question, what do people usually wear for the nighttime stretch?

I will also have my car!!

Loving the tips...very useful since this will also be my first Glassboro Road Trip.

Nightime stretch is best approached in full clown gear including red nose and rainbow wig. Okay, so maybe that is a total lie! To be honest it's fairly frightning since clowns actually freak me out! lol!

You can wear whatever. Many people do wear their PJs. Some wear sweats or yoga pants and a tee or tank. Whatever you are comfy in :) I suggest feety pajamas with your name written on the butt :p

Anything goes. I wore pjs one year, and ended up in yoga pants last year. I may try the feety, butt name thing this year. But only if Jenn goes first.:eek:

Just be comfortable. Kind of like the whole weekend.

Thank you all SO much! This is extremely helpful, Melissa, Jodi, Jean everyone- I can't wait to meet you all! Two weeks today ~ YAY!!!!

Thank you all SO much! This is extremely helpful, Melissa, Jodi, Jean everyone- I can't wait to meet you all! Two weeks today ~ YAY!!!!

Hey Jenn D- Mia just threw us into the "everyone" catagory. Apparently she doesn't know just how much we stand out! lol! jk, Mia :)

Can't wait to me you too!

Can't believe there are only 14 days left. Feels like just yesterday there were 100!

P.S. Had my first RT dream last night!

Anything goes. I wore pjs one year, and ended up in yoga pants last year. I may try the feety, butt name thing this year. But only if Jenn goes first.:eek:

Just be comfortable. Kind of like the whole weekend.

ohhh, we must be very careful when presenting Jenn with any type of dare! Please refer to Minnie Mouse costume which is in WAY too many of the Disney pics! haha! (calling- Cyndi..... Cyndi... are you here??)

Hey Jenn D- Mia just threw us into the "everyone" catagory. Apparently she doesn't know just how much we stand out! lol! jk, Mia :)

Can't wait to me you too!

How about that??? Hopefully we will get singled out after meeting us in Glassboro. Guess we'll need to wear those pjs with our names on the butt flap!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone. I can't believe it's in 14 days.

How about that??? Hopefully we will get singled out after meeting us in Glassboro. Guess we'll need to wear those pjs with our names on the butt flap!!!

I can't wait to meet everyone. I can't believe it's in 14 days.

Do you think we could get an order discount since both of our bums with say Jenn?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.