Keurig - What's your favorite?

bakert

Cathlete
After hearing about the Keurig and then reading so many rave reviews on this forum, I could no longer hold back and bought it. I love it!! It only came with a few flavors, 60 total cups, but not much variety.

What have you all found is your favorite flavor and are you finding the best deals online or at the grocery stores?

Thanks for your input!!

Tracey

I really like Green Mountain and Timothy's. (Green Mountain makes an awesome dark chocolate hot cocoa, too.) My co-worker and I place joint orders through CoffeeCow.com. (They have a huge selection and free UPS shipping on orders of $65 or more).

My DH love the Kahlua by Timothy's. I like the Hazelnut by Green Mountain. We both like the light roast coffees. Also the Cafe Mocha by Café Escapes is delicious. BJ's had the Hazelnut. I bought 80 cups for $36.99 which is a very good price. They hardly have any kind of selection though. Only a couple of flavors. Usually, they're around $9.99 in Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have a pretty good selection.

I also like the Celestial Seasonings teas: raspberry and peach.

You should check into Amazon's Subscribe and Save. You get an order shipped to you monthly or whatever timeframe you prefer and you save on shipping. They'll send you an e-mail when you're order is ready to be shipped and ask you if you need to change your order. We get the Kahlua every month. It's two boxes of 24 cups each. I pay $19.55 per order. Best Buy's box of Kahlua is $9.99 for only 18 cups.

This is one of the best things we've ever bought for ourselves.

Marcy

Last edited:
May be my favorite kitchen purchase ever, have had it for years, and the enjoyment never wears off.

I order online through greenmountain, keurig.com, coffeeforless.com, all do free shipping around the $50 range. coffeeforless has the best prices in general without having to be part of a club, greenmountain gives discounts if you have a recurring order, which is very easy to delay indefinitely anyway, and the keurig.com discount gets better the more you buy, topping out at 15%.

So I love green mountain (gm) pumpkin, but it's a fall only flavor, and gone now. For regular coffees, I don't like super bold or bitter flavors, for example Starbucks is usually too strong for me, I like medium, and the Vermont and Nantucket are both great cups of coffee from GM. Diedrich makes very good coffees, I like the Columbian. And for another flavor Timothy's Cinnamon pastry is fantastic. I just bought Vanilla and Jamaica me Crazy by Wolfgang Puck, the jury is still out, I have only had 1 cup each so far.

I love the Cafe Mocha and the Green Mountain Hazelnut. I also got some Bigelow Organic Green Tea at Bed Bath and Beyond that's pretty good.

I was at one of those Home and Garden shows today and one booth was selling the Keurigs and they had individual K-Cups that they were selling for 24 for $11.00, so I mixed and matched and got a bunch of flavors I'd never seen before and didn't have to buy a whole box of one kind only to find out I don't like it!

Marcy, I was wondering if Timothy's Kahlua was any good. Glad your DH likes it. I'm anxious to try it now!

Have fun with your new toy, Tracey!

Not a coffee drinker but I buy them for my husband. He likes the green mountain breakfast blend. I buy them online from Kohls when they are on sale and when kohl's is doing their 15, 20 or 30% off for Kohl's cardholders. You can find the 30% off code at gottadeal.com. So their sale price for a package of 18 cups is $9.99, then with the 30% off I pay $6.99 each and get free shipping as well. I haven't found a better price than that yet. So I buy 6-8 boxes at a time and only have to buy them 2 -3 times per year. Works great! They have many other flavors as well. If you have a Kohl's card you can't beat the price!

My keurig is amazing! I love it! I use Amazon's subscribe and save service like a previous poster and am very happy with it. I am hooked on a coffee called "Jet Fuel" made by the Coffee People. It's yummy if you like your coffee on the stronger side!

Ah, the enabling....:D

I'm not in the market for a coffee maker just now but I have a question....

Are the little cup things recyclable? The hippie in me kinda cringes at all the little packages.....

Love, love, love my Keurig! :) I do subscribe and save from Amazon and get Timothy's Donut Blend (very mild) and Coffee People's Donut Shop (a little stronger). I get them sent to me every 2-3 months. I usually drink the stronger one in the morning and have the milder one in the evening (alternated with a flavored coffee).

I also bought a box of 80 Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice from BJ's (excellent!) and the Green Mountain Xmas assortment (Eggnog, Gingerbread, Holiday Blend, and Golden French Toast) which were all very good.

From Bed Bath & Beyond I just bought Donut House Chocolate Glazed Donut (really tasty!) And I've also ordered Gloria Jean's Swiss Chocolate Almond which is excellent.

Enjoy your Keurig! I'd suggest trying Bed Bath & Beyond if you want to try out different flavors. Their selection is really good and a box of 18 usually runs $9.99.

Kathy G

Just got my Keurig for Christmas too ,,,,,,Miracle Product !

Favorite coffee so far is: Green Mountain-Nantuket Blend. Perfect roast
Fun part is trying all the flavors.
I've gone to Keurig.com to order a few boxes, but noticed that Target, Walmart, and even Cash Wise Foods ( I live in Minnesota ) carries them too.

The commercials are right,,,it really does brew the perfect cup of coffee :p

~Morgan~

Oh duh, I left off my favorite flavors: that would be Timothy’s Italian Blend and Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice.

I normally like flavored coffees but the GM gingerbread was not a favorite. I liked Gloria Jean’s Hazelnut. Bigelow’s Organic Green Tea, not as much, but I’m not a big drinker of green tea.

Appreciate hearing what everyone likes. I was wondering about Donut House. Is it supposed to taste like Dunkin?

You can buy a reusable filter. http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI

Or depending on the model of Kuerig you buy, the filter comes with it. So, you don't have to use the K-cups which are not recyclable(sp??),

Thanks Linda, that makes sense. But then I guess I would be out of luck with trying all those interesting sounding flavors. What are those little cups made out of that they aren't recyclable? My town takes all the numbered plastics.

Thanks Linda, that makes sense. But then I guess I would be out of luck with trying all those interesting sounding flavors. What are those little cups made out of that they aren't recyclable? My town takes all the numbered plastics.

Hi Suzanne: the little K-cups are made of some light plastic and have a foil cover. We use both the re-usable filter and K-cups. (So we are only half-hippie!) It is actually kind of fun to taste all the different flavors! :D

I haven't purchased too many K-cups except when there was a really good deal--got 60 that came with my B70 from Costco. Then I got some other good deal and got 120 more. We've had it about 1 year, and have some still left, because my husband uses the filter everyday, and I mostly make espresso everyday in my espresso maker.

It makes some good coffee, so have fun trying flavors if that is what you decide to do!

Thanks everyone! I placed an order with coffeecow and it's on it's way. I went with a couple of flavored coffees and the green mountain hot chocolate.

I am disappointed that the kcups aren't recycleable. I'm not sure why they aren't considering they are just thin plastic, but they don't have any markings on them, numbers or symbols.

I love flavored coffees, so as long as there's no aftertaste I'm sure to like it. This really is fun :)

Thanks Linda and bakert. I was afraid of that. I just can't get my head around all that packaging - even though the flavor options give me a thrill :).

I'll wait and maybe in time they'll consider more eco-friendly kups.

Thanks Linda and bakert. I was afraid of that. I just can't get my head around all that packaging - even though the flavor options give me a thrill :).

I'll wait and maybe in time they'll consider more eco-friendly kups.

That's a good idea. I think I will write to customer service and see if the idea for eco-friendly k-cup is in the works!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.