Body Bugg

I rented one from the gym and for me that was enough. I could see myself getting super obsessive about the calories and didn't want to head down that road. I used it for 5 weeks and learned a lot of valuable information about my calorie burn for different activities and how to match my calorie intake properly. Everyone is different but I feel I got what I needed from that 5 weeks and do not plan to buy one.

One thing I didnt plan for was the amount of attention it drew. I was constantly explaining to people what it was and how it worked. Not the worst thing in the world but it was could be annoying, particularly when I felt like a person was then watching to see what I would eat or what my workout would look like. I am overweight and easily uncomfortable when I feel people are judging me, so the fact that the device called attention to me sometimes felt invasive, if that makes sense.

Every few months I will log my food for 10-12 days using sparkpeople.com, just to make sure I am not fooling myself as far as my eats go. And I use my HRM, though not faithfully, to see where I'm at during my workouts and to calculate my calories burned.

Last edited:
Run a search on the forum for Go Wear Fit or GWF and you will see a lot of conversations about them.

I have had one for over a year and think it is the best thing ever. I have only had 2 people ask me what it is in the time I have had it and wish more would ask me so I could tell them. Anyway, if your questions aren't answered in the search you can PM me.

Shayne

I borrowed one from my trainer for a week and that was enough for me. It's bulky and wearing it around in the summer it's this huge black thing on your arm. I felt pretty self conscious about it and lots of people were curious about it. I too am insecure about my weight and didn't really like explaining what it was.

Also, for me it was free since I borrowed it from my trainer and used her log-on for the online software. I can't remember how much it is for a year ($80?) to use the online software that lets you download your data. It seemed pretty steep to me when you shell out at least $200 for this thing. Also, the food data base is not extensive and I had to enter in a lot of stuff manually which got annoying.

IMHO, it was useful data but it's expensive and it's huge and I felt self conscious wearing it. Not worth it to me.

Thank you for your opinions, they were all very helpful! I will have to do more reading on this before I decide if I want to spend that much money on it. :) Linda

I have the GoWearFit (same maker as the Body Bugg) and have had it for 4 months now. I LOVE IT! I have to admit, I get TONS of questions about it, but I love talking about anything fitness related, so I have no problem explaining it to people. What I have found is the most useful for me, is seeing how different workouts, times I workout, things around the house, etc affect my overall calorie burn. For example, for me, a power walk on an incline is the same calorie burn as a 6.0mph run. Also, I burn just as many calories on my "rest" day by changing out my workout for housework. Finally, I've recently switched my workouts to evening, and noticed about a 300-400 calorie difference (burned less) throughout the day. All very interesting to know, for sure!

If you don't want to pay $200, check out Ebay. I got mine on there from a storefront that was selling open box items. Mine had been opened, but never used. No warranty on it, but I paid $125 for it instead of $200.

Erika

I have the GoWearFit (same maker as the Body Bugg) and have had it for 4 months now. I LOVE IT! I have to admit, I get TONS of questions about it, but I love talking about anything fitness related, so I have no problem explaining it to people. What I have found is the most useful for me, is seeing how different workouts, times I workout, things around the house, etc affect my overall calorie burn. For example, for me, a power walk on an incline is the same calorie burn as a 6.0mph run. Also, I burn just as many calories on my "rest" day by changing out my workout for housework. Finally, I've recently switched my workouts to evening, and noticed about a 300-400 calorie difference (burned less) throughout the day. All very interesting to know, for sure!

If you don't want to pay $200, check out Ebay. I got mine on there from a storefront that was selling open box items. Mine had been opened, but never used. No warranty on it, but I paid $125 for it instead of $200.

Erika

Thank you! I will check on Ebay.

You can also check out Fitbit.
I use ActiTrainer and I love it. I use Sparkpeople to count my calories and ActiTrainer to see how many calories I burn all day and night. Love it.

Timea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.