? about Myrtle Beach

jnka825

Cathlete
Hey everyone,

So my husband and I are planning a family vacation for the summer, but don't want to spend a lot of money. I saw some advertisements for Myrtle Beach, and it looks good but I have never been there. Have any of you gone on a family vacation there? Was it good? Where did you stay?

Thanks in advance for any input,

Kristin

We own a condo in the Myrtle Beach area. My family has resided/vacationed there for 50+ years.

It's a huge resort area, and there are so many options to choose from. You can stay in one of the big hotels in the main area of Myrtle Beach, or you can rent a condo a bit north or south of the actual MB area and it's definitely more family friendly.

I would recommend the Surfside Beach/Garden City Beach area which is south of the MB Grand Strand. There lots of nice beachfront homes and condos for rent in both places, and you are only 10 minutes from Myrtle Beach if you still want to go there for activities like water parks, miniature golf, etc.

Truthfully, the best seafood restaurants are in Murrells Inlet, which is south of Garden City.

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions you might have.

Our family has been vacationing in the Garden City area every summer (except for one) for about 6 years. My kids love it! Honestly, we don't get out much once we are there because it is easier for us to stay put with our kids' ages, but it is a very inexpensive family trip. We cook all our meals there, except for the occasional pizza. :D We have been to a few good seafood restaurants in Murrells Inlet as well.

We rent a condo on the beach and have been very pleased every year. What we love most about the Myrtle Beach area is that it's very clean and family friendly.

HTH:)
Julie

I completely agree with the above posters. My family has been vacationing in Surfside/Garden City for the past 30 years and we stay in a beachfront house. There are many other options, though, to fit your budget. And I wholeheartedly recommend the Murrells Inlet restaurants!

Another fun activity is Broadway at the Beach, which is like Downtown Disney or Orlando's City Walk (restaurants, shops, movies, fair type rides, putt putt, you name it). It gets crowded, but kids love it.

Kelly

Our family has been vacationing in the Garden City area every summer (except for one) for about 6 years. My kids love it! Honestly, we don't get out much once we are there because it is easier for us to stay put with our kids' ages, but it is a very inexpensive family trip. We cook all our meals there, except for the occasional pizza. :D We have been to a few good seafood restaurants in Murrells Inlet as well.

Julie

Julie, where do you usually rent? We own a condo in SeaMaster which is in Garden City, about a mile from the GC pier.

It is great for families! My sister and I grew up going there, and so have our kids. My family bought our SeaMaster condo in 1984, so my 22 year old DS has grown up always going there. It's like our second home.

I love Myrtle Beach. We have always stayed at the Montrey Bay Suites Resort. Broadway at the Beach is always a lot of fun. Plenty of mini golf and regular golf. ;)

Julie, where do you usually rent? We own a condo in SeaMaster which is in Garden City, about a mile from the GC pier.

It is great for families! My sister and I grew up going there, and so have our kids. My family bought our SeaMaster condo in 1984, so my 22 year old DS has grown up always going there. It's like our second home.

We actually rent closer to Surfside Beach and rent from Dunes Realty. Wasn't sure if you meant location on the beach, or who we went from? Anyway, this year we can't decide if we should go in July or August, but we always want to go twice! Love it there! :)

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.