Meso 3 & Insanity/Build Muscle & Lose Fat

janiejoey

Cathlete
Wanted to share a rotation using Meso 3 and Insanity. Thought I'd post it here just in case you might be interested in it in the future. Enjoy.:confused::rolleyes:

This will knock your socks off! The rotation will build muscle and lose fat. Do eat accordingly. WARNING: In the last two weeks, Insanity workouts get harder and longer. Good luck.

Week 1
Day 1: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 25
Day 2: Insanity Pure Cardio
Day 3: Meso 3 Legs Disc 26 or 37
Day 4: Insanity Cardio Abs
Day 5: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 27
Day 6: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Day 7: Rest

Week 2
Day 1: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 28
Day 2: Insanity Core Cardio & Balance
Day 3: Meso Legs Disc 29 or 38
Day 5: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 30
Day 6: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Week 3
Day 1: Meso 3 Legs Disc 32 or 39
Day 2: Insanity Cardio Abs
Day 3: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 33
Day 4: Insanity Cardio Max Interval Plyometrics
Day 5: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 31
Day 6: Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance

Week 4
Day 1: Meso Legs Disc 35 or 40
Day 2: Insanity Max Interval Circuit
Day 3: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 36
Day 4: Insanity Max Recovery & Cardio Abs
Day 5: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 34
Day 6: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning

Note: In week 4, I switched day 2 with day 4. Someone that has done Insanity, told me that Insanity Max Interval Circuit is a heavy upper body workout. It would have over used the upper body muscles the way it was. It's a better rotation now. It's been switched. Also had to change the correct weeks of Meso. Sorry, just a few tweaks to make it work even better.

Congratulations!

Janie

Last edited:
What kind of results did you get with this rotation?

Hi Annabelle2,

Haven't done it yet. I don't think it would be too much difference using Insanity in place of STS Cardio, except STS Cardio isn't here yet, and I didn't want to wait. I have no idea if the two are even in comparison to one another. I did review the Insanity DVD's and I believe it's doable.

It does have all the ingredients for building muscle and losing weight. I'm starting it tomorrow.

Wish me luck. LOL

Janie

Last edited:
insanity

That looks like a great workout. I have only been doing insanity for 1 week and have lost 2 lbs. I was plateaued and now I have lost 12 lbs all together. I got it for my recovery week between Meso 1 and Meso2. I love it. I think you would get great results using the rotations that is suggested above. :)

Jen

Jen,

Thanks for posting and your review on Insanity. I agree, I can't imagine not gaining muscle and losing fat. It's a win win situation.

Janie

I think this is a great rotation. Meso 3 is heavy weight, long rest. So is perfect, Insanity will kick some fat while meso 3 is building and straightening muscle..

Probably after I'm done with October rotation I will try this. GREAT IDEA.

Posting the rotation again to make sure everyone knows about the update.

In Week 4, I switched day 2 to day 4. It's a better rotation now.

Week 1
Day 1: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 25
Day 2: Insanity Pure Cardio
Day 3: Meso 3 Legs Disc 26 or 37
Day 5: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 27
Day 6: Insanity Cardio Recovery

Week 2
Day 1: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 28
Day 2: Insanity Core Cardio & Balance
Day 3: Meso Legs Disc 29 or 38
Day 5: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 30
Day 6: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Week 3
Day 1: Meso 3 Legs Disc 32 or 39
Day 2: Insanity Cardio Abs
Day 3: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 33
Day 4: Insanity Cardio Max Interval Plyometrics
Day 5: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 31
Day 6: Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance

Week 4
Day 1: Meso Legs Disc 35 or 40
Day 2: Insanity Max Interval Circuit
Day 3: Meso Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps disc 36
Day 4: Insanity Max Recovery & Cardio Abs
Day 5: Meso 3 Chest & Back disc 34
Day 6: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning

Note: In week 4, I switched day 2 with day 4. Someone that has done Insanity, told me that Insanity Max Interval Circuit is a heavy upper body workout. It would have over used the upper body muscles the way it was. It's a better rotation now. It's been switched. Also had to change the correct weeks of Meso. Sorry, just a few tweaks to make it work even better.

Janie

Last edited:
Thanks for this! I have been wondering how to combine Chalean Extreme with Insanity, and this gives me a pretty good idea (just do Chalean Extreme on the STS days).

mine is very similar with p90x+

week 1&3
upper
kb
lower/insanity
total
off
upper
insanity

week 2&4
total
kb
insanity/lower
upper
off
total
insanity

laura
i will try janies rotation next year

OK Janie - I think I am all fat from holidays and ready for this rotation - have you been doing it and how is it going - I am thinking of starting it on Monday!

Looks Good - Beware of shoulder injuries

I love this rotation! I will definitely give it a try at the first of the year. Right now I am just doing circuit work like DrillMax, Bootcamp and Insanity Max Sports Training to keep me lean until my vacation. We leave for Hawaii in two weeks. Yah!

Just a note of caution. I completed the Insanity program in October and although I love it, the workouts can be hard on your shoulders because the pushup movements are often very fast and in some cases, plyometric. Be sure to stretch your shoulders regularly.

Good luck, All!
KC

OK Janie - I think I am all fat from holidays and ready for this rotation - have you been doing it and how is it going - I am thinking of starting it on Monday!

Annabelle, I just finished the rotation about a week ago. Just finishing up on my active recovery week, or so...Yeah, I need a couple more days off. I'll be doing endurance workouts until January to get my muscles in shape to tackle heavier weight.

It was easy at first, but like I said the last two weeks were hard to say the least. But, I did get through it with wonderful results. I lost 10 pounds of fat. Yes I Did! I wanted to lose only 5 pounds, but to my surprise I lost more. Went down almost 2 sizes in my clothes. I also see (maybe it's my imagination) that I'm a little more toned. And I feel great. I'm for sure a lot stronger than when I started and I'm aware I have better posture. If that matters.

Warning: If you don't eat more than usual in this rotation, (like I did, especially in the last two weeks) you will feel tired and have no energy to do the workout. So, please when doing this rotation, eat more, but clean. As soon as I felt these symptoms I ate at least 100 calories more a day until I didn't feel the symptoms any longer. You won't gain weight if you do this, you will only give more fuel to your body to help you finish the rotation. Do remember to cut down on the calories after your done and take an active recovery week or so to replenish the body.

I'm thinking about another rotation, but this time, it will be harder sooner, and not so easy in the beginning. I want to use Cathe's Shock Cardio series, so until I get them in my hot little hands, I'll wait to post that rotation. It will be a duzy for me, a challenge I will be ready for.

Have you started this rotation yet? Let me know how it goes for you.

Janie

Last edited:
I love this rotation! I will definitely give it a try at the first of the year. Right now I am just doing circuit work like DrillMax, Bootcamp and Insanity Max Sports Training to keep me lean until my vacation. We leave for Hawaii in two weeks. Yah!

Just a note of caution. I completed the Insanity program in October and although I love it, the workouts can be hard on your shoulders because the pushup movements are often very fast and in some cases, plyometric. Be sure to stretch your shoulders regularly.

Good luck, All!
KC

Chrisnkim, Oh, have a great time in Hawaii! I hear the weather is great at this time of year. LOL;) Have fun!

You are right about stretching, it's very important to always stretch after a workout. Let me know how you like the rotation when you are done.

Take care,

Janie

I think this is a great rotation. Meso 3 is heavy weight, long rest. So is perfect, Insanity will kick some fat while meso 3 is building and straightening muscle..

Probably after I'm done with October rotation I will try this. GREAT IDEA.

Eunice, Thanks. Have you started the rotation yet? If you have let me know how it went for you.

Janie

Last edited:
Annabelle, I just finished the rotation about a week ago. Just finishing up on my active recovery week, or so...Yeah, I need a couple more days off. I'll be doing endurance workouts until January to get my muscles in shape to tackle heavier weight.

It was easy at first, but like I said the last two weeks were hard to say the least. But, I did get through it with wonderful results. I lost 10 pounds of fat. Yes I Did! I wanted to lose only 5 pounds, but to my surprise I lost more. Went down almost 2 sizes in my clothes. I also see (maybe it's my imagination) that I'm a little more toned. And I feel great. I'm for sure a lot stronger than when I started and I'm aware I have better posture. If that matters.

Warning: If you don't eat more than usual in this rotation, (like I did, especially in the last two weeks) you will feel tired and have no energy to do the workout. So, please when doing this rotation, eat more, but clean. As soon as I felt these symptoms I ate at least 100 calories more a day until I didn't feel the symptoms any longer. You won't gain weight if you do this, you will only give more fuel to your body to help you finish the rotation. Do remember to cut down on the calories after your done and take an active recovery week or so to replenish the body.

I'm thinking about another rotation, but this time, it will be harder sooner, and not so easy in the beginning. I want to use Cathe's Shock Cardio series, so until I get them in my hot little hands, I'll wait to post that rotation. It will be a duzy for me, a challenge I will be ready for.

Have you started this rotation yet? Let me know how it goes for you.

Janie

Thanks for your reply! I am excited but haven't done it yet, I cannot decied if I want to do the full STS and Shock 6 months, 3 months or just try this - I am a regular exerciser and do mostly endurance workouts - but I am thinking that this might be just what I need to get the results I want - trying to lose a gradual aging weight gain....:( I think you might have me convinced - I might try this one and then do 1 and 2 after?

Your results sound fantastic and I love the advice :) Thank you so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.