Press Play Saturday Check-in

NancyAZ

Cathlete
I know I will not have time for this tomorrow or Sunday, so wanted to get it in today. I ran out of time, but still wanted to give it a nod. After dinner I decided to do CCV1 since I didn't think I could handle PP on a moderately full stomach. I completed CCV1 in homage to the purpose and spirit of Press Play Saturday.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Holy Hills, Batman!!!! That was a goodie :D:D:D:D In an eeny, meeny, minee, moe pick I added V6C3, which happened to be more hills. I wanted to take it outside today, and it is nice out this morning, but my knees and low back really started bugging me last night for some reason, so I kept it on the elliptical to keep the pounding and banging away. With the added challenge and also doing the V6 cooldown instead of the PP cooldown I came in at 69 mins, not bad. I was supposed to do Ab Circuits Pilates Abs today, too, but my back is starting to talk to me again, so I think I'm skipping, and just going to go upstairs and hit the shower.

This one is for my BIL again, who is fighting alcholism and living w/ an unsupportive father - I wish him all the best. And my other BIL & SIL who are having troubles adjusting to life after a new baby and nosy in laws. Hang in there, guys. It'll get better, I promise.

Nan

I did PP at 4 a.m. :eek:, my sweetie got up at 3 to study and I couldnt get back to sleep. Still not ready to do a bonus round, but I did complete it! I dedicate this one to Marc.
Best to your BIL, Nan -- it isn't easy, but it can be done...one day at a time... one minute at a time...whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Just finished!
Dedicated my workout to my sweet boxer girl who has been battling health problems.

Nice job everyone!

I almost didn't do this today, woke up with a horrible headache, this PMS crap is killing me this month. I've had cramps for a week now along with horrible headaches. Yeesh. But I took a couple Aleve and an hour later I felt 100% better. I had a great workout up until Challenge #4. I only was able to do half of it due to my left hip flexor. It has been giving me problems for about a month now. It's been fine this week so I'm assuming the treadmill is what is aggrevating it. :(

I couldn't do anymore, even though I really tried to finish the challenge. Kind of upset about that, but I thought it would better to quit then to pull something really bad.

Workout was dedicated to my mom and dad so that made me do the challenges that I was able to do at my fullest.

HR STATS:
52 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
8 minutes in zone
41 minutes above zone
445 calories burned
3.25 miles travelled

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Stay Safe!

Happy Halloween PPers!!

RIP--My 1st generation iPod :(

Got all ready for CCPP, turned on the TM, then turned on my iPod and NOTHING! It is completely dead and none of my music or playlists are there...pressed the reset and still NOTHING:mad: Luckily I had burned a copy of CCPP to CD so I popped that into the Bose and off I went.

I wasn't feeling 100% (wonky stomach) so I kept things a little slower and the extra challenge was just to finish the workout:confused: Clocked in 6.1 miles and 519 calories.

I dedicated my workout to all the CCPPers and my iPod!!

I participated today for the first time! It was awesome! Completed the entire workout! Burned 630 cals in 5.55 miles! Couldn't have asked for much better weather this morning either! My DH went with me. This was his first EVER CC workout. Being the Marine he is, he wasn't too impressed, but he's a hard core SS runner! It was nice that he did it with me though! What a good sport! Did my run in my Vibram FiveFinger shoes! Really worked my calves!

I dedicated my run today to two co-workers (friends) we lost to cancer within the past year, Ron and Karen, and to my step-father, Joseph, my friends Katie and Stacey, all three of whom are cancer survivors!

I'll be with you for CCPP as often as possible from now on!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I didn't have it in me to do the bonus, but got through the main workout on my spin bike. :D I dedicated my workout to some friends in need.

Hi everybody!!

WTG and ^^^5's on your workouts!!! I was definitely feeling the Press Play love today! :D

DH and I went to a lovely little park and Pressed Play together today. I only ran a few of the intervals because DH doesn't run and I didn't want to get too far ahead of him, so we just tried to keep a brisk pace walking. We covered 4.51 miles and I burned over 600 calories in the process!

I dedicated my workout to Beavs and Robin and their families. <3

great workout!!!

got up a little late (0745) but decided to stick to the plan and I was SO happy I did :D I dedicated my workout to my mom...she had loosened her knee replacement in a fall a year ago and subsequently had it revised 10/28 (a year to the day after the fall) and I brought her home today after my workout.
I concentrated on hills (felt it in my hammies and calves later on) and cranked out the sprints...no add ons but was happy with 5.5 miles
Looks like everyone had a great workout (sorry about the migraine Debbie and for the DOA ipod ninjamom!)
have a great weekend!
julie

Better late than never right:p I did PP on my stationary this morning. It always amazes me how quickly this over an hour long w/o goes by once I start it :eek:

Nice job everyone!!!

I did this workout yesterday, but didn't have time to post with Halloween and what not...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout. The first challenge felt like it was never going to end. But before I knew it, the workout was over. Time flies when you're having fun...:p

Have a great day fellow-CCPPers!!!!

I did this workout yesterday, but didn't have time to post with Halloween and what not...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout. The first challenge felt like it was never going to end. But before I knew it, the workout was over. Time flies when you're having fun...:p

Have a great day fellow-CCPPers!!!!

That first challenge gets me every time -- like you, once I make it through that I know I'll make it through the whole thing.

I did CCPP walking on the treadmill yesterday. No extra challenge for me, except for the 246 pushups I did as part of the 100 pushup challenge. I think those count. :p

Great work everyone!

Wow Jodi, you did 246 pushups yesterday :eek:

I know, isn't that crazy? 9 sets of pushups; I almost can't believe it myself! I'm on Week 6, day 2 of the program. One more day and then I do the FINAL TEST to see if I can "do the hundred"! Wish me luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.