meso 3: what do you do during rest periods?

marnapril

Cathlete
took me a while to get used to the 2 1/2 min rest sets. i stretch and hydrate as cathe recommends, but then i'm like standing there waiting to get on with the next set! so i decided i could multi-task and get some things done lol.. this morning during STS legs i did core work during the rests sets, mostly planks and stability ball moves.

what do you guys do during those long rest periods?

check email, delete OLD email, send email, clean up email.

Oh yeah, and STRETCH! :)

Gayle

p.s. I'm impatient and can't stand those long breaks....can ya tell?

check email, delete OLD email, send email, clean up email.

Oh yeah, and STRETCH! :)

Gayle

p.s. I'm impatient and can't stand those long breaks....can ya tell?

too funny-:p

I do calf work, and sometimes (don't tell Cathe) I knock off about 30 secs off the rest period.

chrissy

lol chrissy.. this morning i fast forwarded some of the rest sets because i was getting antsy.. and i was worried about being late for work!

Once I sorted out my workout DVDs.
Another time I sorted through my audio books.
Fold clothes, rearrange my weights.

Of course this is all after I have stretched and got some aqua in me.

Personally I loved the rest periods in Meso 3.

I drink water, stretch, towel off!, etc. If it's a rest between something like barbell curls and front barbell presses I will spend the rest time changing my weights. Or sometimes I'll set up my chair or stability ball or what have you for the upcoming exercise. Perhaps I'm more out of shape than most because I really need those rests and tend to think they go by quickly!!

I drink water, stretch, towel off!, etc. If it's a rest between something like barbell curls and front barbell presses I will spend the rest time changing my weights. Or sometimes I'll set up my chair or stability ball or what have you for the upcoming exercise. Perhaps I'm more out of shape than most because I really need those rests and tend to think they go by quickly!!

I don't think you are out of shape. Even Cathe says if you are ready to get back to work before the rest is up you are not lifting heavy enough.

Hey, this is what I do & I feel the same way "What rest is over already!" OK back to it.

I was really lifting heavy, so I did not find the time to long. I stretched out really good, especially on the legs videos. I did both type of legs, plyos one day, the heavy legs a different day(I did legs twice in a week the whole three months and really liked it). By the time I changed out weights, drank water, stretched, and yes, pet the dog and cat, it was time to go again.(Why are animals always underfoot during exercise!)

I don't think you are out of shape. Even Cathe says if you are ready to get back to work before the rest is up you are not lifting heavy enough.

The only rest periods in Meso 3 that I find I'm bored and ready to move on is LEGS.....upper body I'm just fine. And I'm certainly lifting heavy on legs!!!!!! I squat and deadlift more than I personally weigh. I think part of it, for ME anyway, is that I'm used to such heavy lifting and it's not new to me at all and my legs are just beastly! :D They've always been able to take a licking and keep on ticking.

Gayle

Last edited:
The only rest periods in Meso 3 that I find I'm bored and ready to move on is LEGS.....upper body I'm just fine. And I'm certainly lifting heavy on legs!!!!!! I squat and deadlift more than I personally weigh. I think part of it, for ME anyway, is that I'm used to such heavy lifting and it's not new to me at all and my legs are just beastly! :D They've always been able to take a licking and keep on ticking.

Gayle

OMGosh, Gayle - can I ask how heavy you're going on squats and DLs? I am super impressed!!! :)

Jillybean.....Squat Rack Legs this Wednesday, I squatted 148 and deadlifted 145 (without hooks or grips) and squeeked out a few more than 6 reps using M3W3 disc (forget the #). I'm tellin' ya...these legs were made for walkin'! ;) (just wish they LOOKED like it sometimes, lol)

Once I sorted out my workout DVDs.
Another time I sorted through my audio books.
Fold clothes, rearrange my weights.

Of course this is all after I have stretched and got some aqua in me.

Personally I loved the rest periods in Meso 3.

Me Too!!! The rest periods were really only 1-1/2 minutes or so since were changing body parts (at least for the upper body - I did plyo legs).

But there was no sorting of DVD's or anything for me. By the time I wrote down my reps and weights and sometimes a note on how I felt after, drank some water, changed weights and streched the rest period was usually over. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.