? for Kathryn!!!!

luvmylabs

Cathlete
or anyone else who is a member of Dr. Fuhrman's member center. Is it worth the price?
I want to join, but was wondering if it was a waste of money or not.

TIA

I'm not Kathryn, but I hope you don't mind if I respond to your question because I've been a member of Dr Furhman's member center since April of 2006. (I don't represent him or his organization at all.) I read "Eat to Live" and simply believed it was the healthiest way to eat because it was based on science and not on a fad. I wanted to learn more so I joined his member center....I continue to stay because I continue to learn from him and the forum itself keeps me motivated to eat what I know is healthy.

Dr Fuhrman has monthly educational phone lectures on nutrition, longevity and the latest health science information (you can ask him questions)....if you miss any of them you can always listen to them later on his website or download them onto your mp3 player. He also has quarterly newsletters....all easily accessible to his members. He also answers member's questions in his forum. He really is way ahead of the times. To me, it's worth it...it keeps me healthy. :)

HTH

Robin,

Thank You for replying!! I just wanted to make sure it was worth it before I took the plunge. Thank you for your help.

I haven't gotten that much use out of it, because I rarely ask him questions (and sometimes when I do, his answer is a bit perfunctory for my tastes). I do subscribe to his supplement shipment, and get a discount on that for being a member. And seeing how much a doctor's appointment costs (even if insurance covers most of it), a few questions a year might be worth the yearly cost.

I guess you have to weigh what features you would use against the cost, and see if it's worth it for you.

HTH!

Thanks Kathryn,

I did go ahead and sign up. It is new to me, so I will be busy for a while reading on the site.

Thanks

I am a member and love it. Some of the benefits include:

* Discount on vitamins and other items in his online store.
* Access to monthly newsletters written by Dr. Fuhrman.
* Access to regular interesting conference calls hosted by Dr. Fuhrman.
* Access to the forums to discuss anything with other members.
* Access to the "Ask the Dr. " forum that Dr. Fuhrman responds directly to.
* Access to a members recipe section that has hundeds of delicious ETL recipes where they
are reviewed by members with comments and a star rating.
* You can download all past newsletters and tele-conferences.

I ask Dr. Fuhrman all of my medical questions and consider him to be my doctor. I go to him online whenever I have issues or concerns.

Another HUGE benefit in my opinion is that the $99 annual fee weeds out trolls and folks that like to come to the message boards to stir up trouble. You will find that most everyone on that forum is very supportive and helpful. If you join my member name is "Monica & Ryan".

I just met someone on the Dr. Fuhrman forum who happens to live very close. I have been following the plan for some time now, however she is brand new to it. We are getting together for dinner and support as her significant other is not supportive. I have found the $99 per year to be the best $99 I ever spent on myself!

Monica

I haven't gotten that much use out of it, because I rarely ask him questions (and sometimes when I do, his answer is a bit perfunctory for my tastes). I do subscribe to his supplement shipment, and get a discount on that for being a member. And seeing how much a doctor's appointment costs (even if insurance covers most of it), a few questions a year might be worth the yearly cost.

I guess you have to weigh what features you would use against the cost, and see if it's worth it for you.

HTH!

I just wanted to tag on to Kathryn's response -- even if you don't ask the doctor many questions I find great benefit in reading other peoples questions and responses to and from the doctor. A lot of the things I want to ask other people have already asked.

** EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING: Sorry if I sound like a commercial for Dr. Fuhrman. Reading his books and having his support forum has seriously improved my life.

Monica

Monica,

Thank You so much. I did join!! I have been reading a lot o n that forum. I still hve a lot to read thru though.

Can I ask those of you who follow his program what you generally eat on a daily basis? I've read parts of Eat to Live and the initial 6 week program seemed challenging to follow. I was wondering what you eat in "maintenance".

I'm a vegetarian now and eat very little dairy/eggs. I do eat too much sugar, for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.