Anyone watching "Dexter".

janiejoey

Cathlete
It's an unusual series and haven't heard of it until recently. Do you like it?

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I LOVE that series! I just got S1 and S2 for Christmas, and my husband and I barreled through them in a few days!

I can't wait for S3 to be released, but I think it's going to be awhile since it just ended.
I love the irony, humor and darkness in that show. The character development is outstanding.

And I just learned that Michael C Hall (Dexter) and Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) just got married in real life, so that's added an interesting dynamic for me when I watch it. Trying to picture them as husband and wife while acting like brother and sister is throwing me for a loop!

I don't get HBO (or is it Showtime?) anymore, but I've been watching the DVD's of Dexter.

I really like it!

We are hooked on Dexter in this house!
It's strange feeling wanting a serial killer to succeed:eek:

We have HBO and bought the series on DVD. :)

i LOVE dexter. we are those ppl that get showtime for like the season then cancel after the season finale LOL! dh got me hooked.

kassia

I was hoping that there were people that liked Dexter as much as I do. Yeah! I can't believe though, that I'm cheering for a serial killer. OMG! I heard as well that they are married. Makes it even more interesting.

Love the show,

Janie

LOVE the show! Read the books too, but the show is completely different from the books after the first one. I prefer the shows, in general, as the books really take some odd turns that just don't seem to really make sense.

Love Dexter I find myself rooting for him as well I also Love Love Love the new show Trueblood!

YES! A shout out to True Blood!
My son bought us a DV-R for Christmas so we could record. Last season we had to choose between Dexter and True Blood because they aired the same time. We chose True Blood and then stayed up late to watch the second playing of Dexter.
My son couldn't believe we chose True Blood over Dexter. :eek:

I was hoping that there were people that liked Dexter as much as I do. Yeah! I can't believe though, that I'm cheering for a serial killer. OMG! I heard as well that they are married. Makes it even more interesting.

Love the show,

Janie

he and the gal that plays his sister are married in real life. but yeah his character got married too. i really started rooting for him when he got involved with jimmy smits character. not sure if you saw that season so i won't give away much on that.

kassia

I love Dexter too. Started watching it 'cause Michael C. Hall's character David in Six Feet Under was my favorite and got hooked.

Another Dexter fan here! I don't usually get to watch the show when it's actually on so i end up watching when they come out on DVD. It's better that way since i can have a marathon viewing and don't have to wait to find out what happens.

Another Dexter fan here! I am going to get Showtime just to watch the 3rd season on on-demand and then dump it. I recently read it isn't supposed to be released on dvd until August 2009.

Carrie

Yes!

I watch Dexter, but I'm behind a bit (will catch up with On Demand). It's an interesting show, isn't it? I also like Big Love (on HBO) which starts another season this month!

(Serial killers? Polygamists? Who knew?)

Another Dexter & True Blood fan here! Read the books (True Blood - 8 books -twice!!!). Unfortunately we don't get Dexter or True Blood here, yet, so I have to download the episodes...
Got about 6 friends hooked on these series by now!
Michael C. Hall and Anna Paquin are brilliant!!! I was so happy she won a Golden Globe!

Dexter is one of my favorite shows! True Blood & Big Love are on my list too.

I also like Big Love (on HBO) which starts another season this month!

The first epi of the new season ran Sunday night. Looks like an interesting season. I'm not happy with Bill right now, but I won't say any more. :)

That is my absolute favorite show! Last fall my brother told me to rent season one and two. Some nights we would sit down to watch one episode, and we'd end up watching the whole disc. I don't get any of the premium channels, but there was an ad on that Dexter season premier was coming up, and I had to call my provider and order showtime (October) because I couldn't wait for it to come out on disc. I cancelled it once the season finale was on.

I am going to rent six feet under soon. I've been told I'll like that too.

Annie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.