I returned my calendar

I've gotta admit, I liked the ones in years past much better. This one is nice but an entirely different feel.

Sorry if you didn't like the calendar, but we don't accept returns.

Clarissa and Janie, SNM edited thier reply. It originally read "Sorry if you didn't like the calendar, but we don't except returns."

Then Tamster wrote "do you accept returns"

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Clarissa and Janie, SNM edited thier reply. It originally read "Sorry if you didn't like the calendar, but we don't except returns."

SNM also edited the quote that was in Tamster's post.

Erica

I think it's ok for people to think prior calendar's were nicer than this year's, on the other hand, would you want the same type calendar year after year? I think change is good. I don't know about you guys, but if I were making a calendar every year, I would find it a little challenging to come up with new ideas every year. I honestly don't think comments, like this will be my last calendar need to be made in an open forum, but I find nothing wrong with directing those comments directly to SNM. I just think sometimes people let their emotions run a little wild. I guess I'm learning not to sweat the "small stuff".

Can we all try to remember it's the holiday season and there are soo many people out there who wish their problems in life were as small as disliking a calendar, or still waiting for some new workouts :)

Oh, now I get it. That was funny! I only see these posts as having humor, I don't see anything wrong in having fun with words, deliberate or not.

Hey, have fun with it K?

Accept it or except it, either way to me, it's fun!:D I edited because I forgot to put a capital A in the beginning of the sentence. No one is perfect. LOL!

Janie

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I had a feeling that might have been the case but since I can't see where it was edited, I wasn't completely sure. THanks for clearing it up!
Clarissa ;)

Clarissa - I was completely lost too as I read that, but kept reading and was glad you asked :) Thought my mind had left me...

I'm not so thrilled about the calendar either, especially after all I had heard about it previously. It's ok but I would not have paid $20 for it, and I didn't even need anything so I did not use the discount.

Whoops!

Well, my calendar is on the way back, so I guess SNM will either mail the calendar back again (?) or I'm just out $20 or however much I paid for it.

I totally missed the pre-edited SNM response, but I was surprised to see I wasn't the only one with misgivings. Sometimes I think I'm a little too cynical for my own good.

Anyway, if I get the calendar back I will be sure to let everyone on the boards know and will sell it to anyone who wants it. I completely didn't reallize they weren't returnable. I must have done the following two things: not read the fine print (I was so sure I'd love it as much as the past two calendars, returning it didn't even cross my mind) and I assumed (wrongly) that everything at Cathe.com is returnable.:eek:

Oopsies! Apologies everyone!:rolleyes:

Best,
Susan L.G.

just a guess...

Did I miss something? Why aren't they accepting returns?

and I am in NO way speaking for SNM or Cathe.com, but in my past experience with returns in general, stuff wrapped in plastic when sold as new, such as DVD's, etc, are generally not returnable unless they are defective or damaged, or unopened. obviously when ordering a calendar, to know you don't like it, you would actually have to open it... It's not like a sweater or other article that you can return if opened and they can turn around and sell as new again. I also don't know for sure what the return policy is for Cathe.com or whether or not they don't take ANY returns or just calendars back... :)

ETA: Ah, see I knew there was someone out there that would be able to find it for sure :)

Actually, the calender doesn't come wrapped(at least mine didn't) so that wouldn't matter anyway.:)

The way I look at, I need a damn 2009 calendar anyway, and I'd rather look at Cathe & Co.'s buff bodies than fluffy kittens. So there. Either way, calendar's aren't exactly cheap.

Susan,

I could have written your original post! And I don't think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill or "sweating the small stuff." You just voiced an opinion about something everyone here knows about, even if they didn't order it themselves.

I thought the same thing...it's all STS, and nothing else. (and I'm not ordering STS so that means pretty much nothing to me.) Someone I mentioned it to the day after I got it agreed and said that it just wasn't "fun"like the previous ones. I thought it was wild that you said the exact same thing! That's it in a nutshell.

I'll still hang it up, but I actually enjoyed READING the first two I bought. Oh, well, maybe next year they'll go back to the fun factor!

Oh what a bummer. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the calendar. I don’t have a problem with them changing the format, but if people don’t like the change then SNM needs to know. I’m still waiting for my order and I hope I like it. This page does state that all sales are final: http://www.cathe.com/calendar.htm

The up side is that it sounds like someone else will be happy to take it off your hands :),

jordan

The Fun Factor!

Oh, well, maybe next year they'll go back to the fun factor!

TeTe:

I agree with this! I am keeping my STS preorder and my Cathe calendar, but I do hope that Cathe brings the fun factor back in 2009 with her next workout(s) as well as her next calendar! Rhythmic Step 2 would be my wish! A travel workout with bands, tubing, and a stability ball would be fun too. I am hoping for something fun, inexpensive, and simple without a bunch of equipment or preparation required. I am still procrastinating about starting the one-rep max tests for STS. I wish someone would create a list of the top dozen essential ones. I cannot imagine doing over 100 of those before starting this rotation.

I like the STS calendar pictures, but I miss the pretty colors that were coordinated with the holiday for each month (like red for Christmas). I will enjoy adding my workouts to this calendar, but I hope Cathe and Chris will return to the smaller picture (if they make another calendar) and bring back the "Behind the Scenes," Cathe trivia, fun facts, and fitness/nutrition tips.

I am expecting STS to be effective, not fun. I can do anything 3 times a week, and I have discovered fun new workouts like Zumba classes at the club and Cardio Coach in the pool. (Thanks, Michele!) I think this rotation will be the right balance of discipline (STS) and delight (fun cardio of my own choosing), but I will be ready for pure fun after 14 weeks of serious!

Who is in your avatar? These new forums will not allow me to see the full-size picture.

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, Cathy. On the other hand, I found SNM's post unnecessarily harsh as well and it could have been handled a lot more professional and polite on their end. That I didn't find "cool" either!

Peace!

That was my take as well. Usually a business will at least write in complete sentences, ie 'we're sorry...' instead of just 'sorry...'. It really made SNM look rude and flippant. The complete opposite of "sorry".

Maybe the person who wrote it is used to text-ing and truncating their sentences to save time/money. Still, private life is one thing and business is another.

~Nadine~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.