You know you're in trouble when..........

LauraMax

Cathlete
Your dentist takes one look at your teeth & the first words out of his mouth are, "oh wow!"

Guess I found my 7 years bad luck. They're in my mouth. :-(

Oh no! Is this a new dentist?

I always love it when I go to the doctor for something or other (not just a routine check-up) and he looks and says "well, that's very interesting...".

Oh dear. Laura, that doesn't sound very good at all. Maybe, since your teeth have served you well this long, you should just assume they'll continue to do so? :p

Through the years, I've read your posts regarding your teeth. I can SOOO relate. I've had so much work done, including two sets of veneers and just about every hole has a filling. When the dentist sees us, he prob. knows he's got a good vacation coming with all the money we're about to drop. :(

You are so brave to go to the dentist!! I only go in severe emergencies and then I let the dentist (in no uncertain terms) "You hurt me! I hurt you!!!" They treat me like a baby, and I'm happy with that:) :)

Andrea

Nancy- HA! That's funny, in a sad way. I've spent $8000 this year on my teeth. The good thing is that they now look perfect! So, my dentist must now finance his own vacation and vacation homes! :)

Right there with you guys. I stupidly had those Lumineers put on a few years back, they all blew off-literally, in a few months. I would be out somewhere and one of my teeth would chip off.:eek:

So I went in and got porcelain veneers in two days time--you know those "deals?" Well, long story short, I have had to literally replace them one by one as they would again, chip and fall off. I have only had them for three years time.
To make matters worse, the dentist shaved too much of my own tooth away to the point one of them could not be saved when the crown veneer fell off, so I had to have it removed and now I am in the process of getting an implant!

Thats funny, I asked my dentist the other day, how many kids he needed to put through college, and yeah, I guess I'll be paying for it.x( I have very, very bad dental karma. I must have been a torture dentist in a past life, and am paying for it in this one.

Whats funny though, to look at my teeth, you would think they look perfect! HA.

So far the Lumineers have been fab. My front teeth feel great & all the sensitivity is gone. No chips, breaks or cracks at all (knock wood!). Now we need to start working on the back of my mouth. Last week I made the mistake of taking a close look at my teeth in the mirror (NOT the one that broke! LOL!) & I could see all these "shadows" at the bottoms of my teeth, not to mention chips & holes at the tops. It was pretty scary!

My teeth & gums are so sensitive now that I couldn't enjoy a good meal even if I let myself eat one. ;-) So we're bonding all the worn away spots, starting on the left side. x(

Who knew being over-attentive to your teeth would be so bad for you?

I knew I was in trouble when the dentist told me that he was going to be my new best friend. And so far I've spent a few thousand dollars to my best friend.

>Thats funny, I asked my dentist the other day, how many kids
>he needed to put through college, and yeah, I guess I'll be
>paying for it.x( I have very, very bad dental karma. I must
>have been a torture dentist in a past life, and am paying for
>it in this one.
>
>Whats funny though, to look at my teeth, you would think they
>look perfect! HA.

Tneah, you are so funny! Past life indeed.

My teeth never looked bad either. They were just falling out all the time. I don't know how man implants I've had. 5? 6? Who can keep track. I hope my funds put someone through college. That would be nice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.