Xers.......** WEDNESDAY**

M

moni_stout

Good morning everyone! Getting ready to start Kenpo X. Did Core Synergistics last night and saw a lot of improvement from Phase 1. I'll be back later with more!

Monica

Good Morning Monica & All X’ers!
Well today is suppose to be REST but I just had such a bad bout with ttom (aliens) yesterday that I took that already so its KENPO today. Feeling better as I slept 11 hours last night! A record for me.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERSONALS !!!!!!!!

:eek: *** Buffy *** Dont know if you're reading as you are recovering but I want you to know I think about ya every day and hope the surgery went well & that you are healing and healthy. If you get a chance pop in and let us know you are ok. Sure miss you!

:eek: *** X ***
Enjoy your extreme workout today!
Have a great day & you & DH “BRING IT” GOOD!

:eek: ***TRACY***
I think you have Kenpo today as well! We’ll compare “last time” together today. Cake sounds yummy… I LOVE cakes of all kinds. I stay away from them as it sets of weeks of binging for me.

:eek: ***LAURIE***
So does being in Ph 3 feel any different yet? Are ya all hyped up with each workout? ENJOY every moment… it goes pretty darn fast!

:eek: ***JEANETTE***
I don’t think its dorky at all high fiving the invisible friends… of course I do it as well… and I TALK to them too! Lol. I use Silk Soy Milk Lite – it’s a refrigerated brand just can’t wrap my mind around buying “milk” off the shelf! VERY cool about DH “shrinkage”.. It happens so quickly for men doesn’t it? ROFL about underwear & pics!!!! Oh those ya gotta post!!!! ROFL On my rotation… I have Amys new All Pump Extreme (the 3 in the series). She uses barbells, DBs, Bands and LOTS of various pushups. She does Plyo pushups and all sorts of Tony push ups for her core work but we all know that it’s REALLY about chest too!!!! Lol. I like her personality. Very Cathe-ish. Makes it fun but she’s serious about getting the job done at the same time. I plan on starting Sunday as I will be in town this weekend cuz DH has an audit going on at the office. Actually QUITE excited to start something new. I didn’t stray far from P90X format just a little afraid to but also want to do a 1 part per day rotation after this one. The only thing I’m afraid of is going back to too much cardio too quickly- I’m not sure I’ve totally overcome that self destructive mindset. (Self destructive for me & my body type- not necessarily for everyone)

:eek: ***DB***
Hope you are well and that all the snow hasn’t gotten you! Be careful out with those crazy drivers!

:eek: ***DEBRA***
Morning Debra! Been thinking of you a lot… Guess I was worrying that you were going to aggravate the hurts by snow shoveling! I cannot imagine that all those that live in snow climates aren’t rail thin from the extra cardio & upper body workouts all winter. I actually love the non 9 winter months because I’m in charge of landscaping and lawns so I always enjoy the extra calorie burn every week! Hope your pup is doing better w/ allergies… Mine all live on allergy pills so they don’t have to take steroid shots. Don’t think its any “better” for them but alt least I don’t have to haul all 3 to the vet regularly. So which YOGA did you end up selecting yesterday?

:eek: ***DEB B.***
Any DOMS today from Sh&A???? I just smile every time that workout is mentioned. For some reason I have a love affair with it. That one and SH & GS Shoulders… I just can’t get enough of them!

:eek: ***LEA***
HOORAY on DS feeling better! You are a good nurse! Sorry about the bookstore but at least it’s ordered now. You really are doing very well w/ clean eating already! Speaking of which… DH just popped in to let me know what he wants for Superbowl Day…. Wings, Taquitos, Fajitas, Guacamole, Queso. OH THAT’S JUST PERFECT !!!!! Lol because that is day after my final results for P90 get entered…. So what are the chances I’ll stay clean? Hope Core Syn GOTCHA GOOD yesterday!

:eek: ***MONICA***
Hope Core Syn was just what the Dr ordered! I admire you for those PM workouts!!!! Nice idea having a few “free” workout weeks to get you going post X. I’m just too undisciplined to do the “what do I feel like today” rotation. It was I who talked about rest days when needed. Even my next P90 rotation I’ll do that.

:eek: ***STEPH***
Hope rest day was awesome and that back is still feeling good today!

:eek: ***SANDRA***
Hope all is well…. I miss you when you are MIA. Hope you were just working on the academics.

:eek: ***SUZ***
32 big boy pushups at the start????? Holy Cow you can’t get much stronger than that in my book! I totally support your theory of nursing the early on injuries… You just cannot push thru pain & injury. You did the RIGHT thing long term for your body. You know by the pull-ups you are getting stronger so who cares about monster gains? PLUS you are back in fighting form now! Awesome job.

Great morning to all- BBL

One quick mention...

In new Oxygen Magazine theres a wonderful Awesome Arms workout.
7 moves /4 sets of 12 reps each /Using heavy weights / 2x per week. Pages 73-76

I'll be adding these moves to my rotation. Just an FYI :7

Traci, quick stop before my workout this morning. Thank you for posting your tentative rotation. It is very interesting and obviuosly well thought out.

I have to admit that I don't recognize many of your workouts being basically a Cathe/P90X/Outdoor runner. I have previewed Amy Bento's workouts and while my initial impressions are that she is an "offspring" of Cathe, the main issue I have that keeps me from buying her workouts is that her tempo is too fast for me. I favor a slower, more controlled tempo for both weighted and cardio workouts. Other than that she looks like she is challenging in all aspects.

I don't know what "Altus" is, can you explain?

What is your generic workout style thinking for your rotation? For example:

Chest/Back/Abs
HIIT
Legs
Steady state cardio

...I guess I am trying to ask what your goals for your rotation are?

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I'm a little surprised no other Xers had anything to say unless I missed something!

BBL!

X

Hi X.... I pretty much used the Classic Format of X for the rotation I created- I just changed some of the "groups" of body parts. I read (cathe I think) that doing this is also good for muscle confusion. Amys All Pump is really just like Cathe's weight work... Will NOT be keeping her count. Just using her & Cathe (except SH) for the exercise but will do it the P90X way of lifting (if that makes sense) Otherwise I'd have to toss all my stuff because X is very unique and good for my body. LOL
Altus is the workout that came with my home/door gym. It uses the "super cables" that have helped add definition to my back so I want to keep using it.
My rotation goal is to decrease body fat another 4%... Since doing P90X I learned that this only occurs for me with HEAVY lifting and less cardio.
thanks for inquiries! :7

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to the board yesterday. Workload is OVERLOAD! Yes, I brought it for MY LAST plyo on Monday. Although I usual dread my weeknight workouts, and was dreading plyo just the same, I can't beat the feeling afterward. Also, plyo always starts off for me so slow, but then it just flys after getting into it. I only did the prescribed amount of Rock Star Hops in the video, but I love 'em! Well, not love, but at least I can do them all and all the double time ones too. Last night did Back and Bis and ARX. I haven't been fitting any cardio in on the days I do this. So, really my doubles have turned into 1/2 doubles (2 days a week of extra cardio). It's not so much that I don't have the stamina, I just don't have the time. I didn't end up getting done with my w/o until 10pm last night. Adding cardio probably would've brought me to 11pm. DH is going out of town for a while at the end of the week, so maybe I'll turn over a new leaf and start getting out of bed early to fit some cardio in (it's a lot easier to get out of bed when I don't have a nice, warm body to cuddle up against). I brought it with B&B. Although all of my pull ups were assisted, I was able to do a bunch more. Tonight is Yoga. I did receive my Brian Kest video. Haven't previewed it yet, but it looks great. Having done Yoga X so many times, which Kest w/o should I start with - I have the Tone, Sweat, and ??. I'm thinking the intermediate one, but I'd like the Kest-owner's opinions.

Question for everyone (especially those of you in the 8-10 rep range) - How do you graduate to the 8-10 rep range? For some reason I just can't find it in myself to up the weight so high that I can only do 8 reps. I'd really like to try, but I'm always closer to 15 reps. When you do 8 reps, is the weight so heavy that you have to almost rest in between reps? Any tips would be helpful.

Sorry I'm not so good at personals guys. I really love reading all of your comments and I appreciate all the motivation I get here. I hope you all keep bringin' it and I'll be reading!

Traci - can't wait to get my hands on your post P90x rotation? When is the arrival date? :)

CL/PH3/WEEK1/DAY3: Shoulders & Arms; ARX

Good morning,

I never got a chance to sit at the computer long enough to post a check in note yesterday. I did read it all, though. Reading what you guys have to say is always the more interesting part of the equation. I spent 4 hours doing academic work yesterday, so I feel good about that. Had a very poor sleep last night, though, so am very sleepy today. That does not bode well for good concentration with my work today. I already spent my 5-6:30am work time doing other stuff like organizing the finances and reading yesterday's mail.

I did squeeze in PlyoX yesterday. I'm always reluctant to start that workout, but when I'm finished I always say "That was pretty good! I don't mind that at all."

How come I've done PlyoX and Legs & Back just as many times as each other, yet I can never remember much about the leg portion of LB? It still seems like a new workout to me. Yet I can tell you every detail about PlyoX. Granted, I don't dread the leg portion of LB at all. Must be how my memory works: remember the dreadful stuff and forget the rest LOL!

I briefly skimmed your rotation yesterday, Traci. I'll try to look more closely at it later and give you some feedback. You've put a lot of work into it!

Lea, I'm glad DS was feeling better yesterday and you were able to do CoreSyn.

Today is Shoulders & Arms for me, ARX, and I'm going to do the first 30 mins of Cardio Fusion.

I'll BBL to do more personals, I hope.
Cheers,
Sandra

Morning!

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 3

Today was Shoulders & Arms. Have a bike spin session after work tonite (Garage Boys) and will come home, work out DH and then do AbX. My lower abs are still tender from Monday. S&A was good. I only went to my 20# DB's for upright rows. Most everything I improved on a little from Week #3 (last time doing this workout). For Crouching Cohen Curls, I actually squatted against a wall and sat on my heels to take the pressure off of my back. Still a bit tweaky in just the right position. I did increase my lying tricep curls to 15#ers, which is a first for me. My triceps are probably my strongest body part, whereas my shoulders are much, much weaker, especially my left shoulder.

Monica, enjoy KenpoX this morning. So cool that you saw improvement on Core Syn. Think a lot of us have for that one.

Traci, not too sure about posting my pictures. I didn't see much change, maybe a tad, but don't feel I went backwards anyway. I'm hoping others will post their 60 day photos. If anything, I feel wider in the shoulder area, which is good, more of an X shape for me 'cause Lord knows the hips aren't going down any.

DB, way to go on doing PlyoX. I too have a little struggle mentally getting into it. I'm glad he starts out slow on the first round. After a while, I get into it too. I'm more of a high rep girl for the weight work. Today I increased weights for 1 exercise and did less reps. It was okay. A lot of it is mental for me as I don't want to hurt myself, especially shoulder or back stuff. I took a couple breaks this time to just complete the reps as I seemed to need it. It helped.

Sandra, a successful PlyoX for you too! Only 3 more times I think. My extra cardio today will be the spin session tonite.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Happy to have my workouts for the day overwith. Kenpo X always seems to go so fast. The leg stretches in the beginning always feel so hard for me. My legs are not yet warmed up. Sometimes the back of my leg behind the knee feels really tight after this. I think I need to do my own better warm-up for KenpoX.

I usually have no plans, but today I actually have lunch with a friend and then dinner with two girlfriends! I am excited to get out. We are going to P.F. Changs for dinner. Eating out can sometimes stink, some of you know I have some tummy problems and have to restrict my diet quite a bit. I can always get steamed veggies and brown rice there. Not quite as filling as I would like, but I can have some snacks when I get home too. Worth it to get out with some friends.

BTW -- Still no information on my MRI results. I really think it is ridiculous. It should not take this long. Tomorrow it will be one week. I think someone is just dropping the ball.

** TRACI ** Good morning! I was looking at your post P90X schedule and I see what you mean that it is modeled after the P90X rotation. It is similar, but with more variety. Hopefully you can continue P90X results with less boredom. What is the Core Cardio workout like from the master series? Have you tried that yet? It looks like you are adding in a little more cardio than P90x Classic rotation. I am assuming that this rotation will go longer than 55 days since you will be adding in rest days? Are you still going to aim for 1 rest day per week? I am so confused on what to do after P90X -- I have a zillion ideas. I have considered doing three to four weeks of all cardio, yoga, and core synergistics? Then moving back into weight training. Not sure.

** DB ** Congrats on your last Plyo!! I can't wait until I can say that. I still have to do it four times! I agree with you completely that doing doubles isn't so much a matter of energy as it is time! That is why I really like adding in Cardio X in the evening -- it is only 43 minutes and I don't get super sweaty! I do the 8-10 rep range and love it. I have been doing it for a while -- before P90X I was doing Gym Style DVDs, but I never try to do all the reps that Cathe does -- especially on legs. It makes me feel super strong to pick up the heavier weights even though I do less. At some point I plan to do Cathe's Pyramid upper, but instead of doing the reps 12, 10, 8, 10, 12 -- I will shorten it and do 10, 8, 6, 8, 10. Hey - maybe the workout will take less time too??!!

** JEANETTE ** I will have to try what you suggested for the Crouching Cohen Curls -- those always feel wrong/weird. Can't put my finger on it. I really prefer plain old sitting down concentration curls one at a time. I guess that is what's so good about Tony -- he gets me out of my comfort zone. That is some serious weight on the tricep work! Great job! I love seeing definition in the tricep area! Feels so rewarding.

Monica

Morning X'ers,

Classic/Ph3/Week9/Day2

Today is PlyoX for me.

What I am amazed at with doing this rotation is the fact that my form, when doing push-ups, has improved so much. Even though I do some of the many pushups on my knees, my form is better. Even on the ones I can actually do on my toes. This is something that I didn't expect, and now I know when I get to doing my Cathe workouts again, that I'm sure I will see an improvement when attempting Planks and Push-ups. Or I'm hoping so. :D

I also have a hard time chatting to everyone, but I sure do enjoy reading them.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Quick mid morning report.... Kenpo + a little extra from Slim Series and I'm good to go for the day. The "aliens" (hormones)are starting to leave bit by bit, they must travel in groups...
Gotta hit WalMart to pick up all the junk food DH wants for superbowl...

DB: My post P90X Rotation is posted in yesterdays thread FYI since ya so kindly asked about it;-)

Glad to skim posts today and see everyone is on top their game today WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Gonna be a kick - butt week!

BBL

Hi all of you X’ers,

I still have no internet at home, so I have to sneak some time at work. I read everyone’s posts and if I have time later, I’ll get in some personals. As usual, great comments.

Yesterday I did WU and first segment of Rock Steady Step and then core syn. It was only a memorable workout based on the fact that I got it done and the countdown is on. I had to go to the DMV after work yesterday and I waited 1.5 hours to find out that I didn’t have the correct documentation. Needless to say, I was not happy. When I got home I felt like crap. I tried to re-group, but my workout effort was less than 100%. Not sure that core syn is so good for my back either. I think part of my problem could have been from doing yoga the two days before. My upper body wasn’t sore, but tired. A good core move is going the one Eoin does where you go cross legged sitting into a plank.

Today is stretch x. I want to go run, but at noon it was still in the 20’s. I will run if it warms up a little and I don’t know what else. I’d like to get in some legs today.

Of course I don’t do the scale, but I really think that I have lost some internal fat in my mid-section. When I started, I didn’t have that much outside fat around my middle. I still seem to have the same or maybe a little less, but I swear I am smaller around the middle. I can really suck my abs way in and I just couldn’t do that before. Maybe they are stronger, but I think it is the internal fat. I was reading about it the other day, it is a real thing; they call it visceral fat around the organs. So gross!!!! Sounds like I’m obsessed.

Whatever I do from now on, I will always monitor my carb intake. I think that has made a huge difference of my PERCEPTION of my body fat, if not the numbers.

Wishing great days and workouts for all,

Tracy

Hello to all of you lovely ladies....

Sorry I didn't get back yesterday to post...but I didn't get time to workout until 7pm last night! So, then, done at 8, eat a quick dinner, DD to bed, finally sit down and watch TV for a bit and then off to bed! I did Bryan Kest's Toning segment yesterday...I am still feeling lots of DOMs from my Cathe workout the other day and Bryan was just what I needed. I felt much better after doing that, so I was glad I took the time last night to do it! Today is L&B for me...which I enjoy for the most part. I need to get in ARX too, but that may have to wait until this afternoon!

Just a couple of quick personals....

Monica...Have a great time with your buddies today! I'm sure that will help you keep your mind off things!

Traci...Glad you're feeling a bit better today...I thought about you last night when I was finally sitting down for the day and I figured you were already in bed since you had been up since 2am!! It sounds like you got some much needed rest! My pup is fine...She has multiple allergies and we haven't started the shots yet...we're hoping to keep them under control with pills. I printed out your rotation, but haven't had a chance to look at it in depth yet...Hopefully will get to that this evening. Thanks so much for posting it!

DB...I have been doing the 8-10 reps and it has really worked for me. I have seen a lot of definition with this rotation. It took me a couple of times to find the right weight to make it work for me for each body part, but now I pretty much have it down. And yes, I use weights heavy enough that by 5 or 6 I am having to rest a bit before continuing on.

Just another observation since I did Cathe Slow and Heavy the other day....I noticed on the back work that I was able to go heavier than Cathe, but not quite as heavy as I do with Tony...I think that it is partially because I focus on form so much with Cathe...She is always talking about it and reminding us not to use momentum. With Tony I kind of just go as heavy as I can and I don't focus on form nearly as much and I certainly use more momentum...I think that is what Tony and his crew do too with a lot of the exercises. The women using the lighter weights seem to be pretty good with form, but I feel like the ones using the heavier weights use momentum to get them up. Not saying one is better than the other, just an observation.

Hi to everyone I didn't get to...X, Laurie, Suz, Tracy, Sandra, Steph, Jeanette, Deb, Lea and Buffy!! Have a great day!

I'm off to watch Dreya perform her moaning techniques!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Debra, LOL... "Dreya's moaning techniques". You're so right on. All I have to say to you is "Where do you feel those.... BOOTY!" Thanks for the advice on the heavy lifting.

Traci, thanks for posting the rotation. Can't wait to check it out.

Monica, I think Debra mainly answered my question, but do you have any tips on how to get to the 8-10 range? Also, do you rest a lot with the heavier weights?

Debra, thanks again for the good laugh. Great way to end a busy lunch hour.

LEAN/Phase 2/Week 8/Day 1

Just a quick check in everyone! Yes, my rest day was wonderful - they always go so fast, though, don't they? Tonight I begin my recovery week, and I get to do Yoga. I'm going to try my new Brian Kest Power Yoga. I think I'll do the Tone one. I can't wait to try it! DS did YogaX last night and told my he, "about threw up." LOL! He really is amazingly the most inflexible person I've ever met. I'll bet this was a lot harder than he expected! Check back this evening!

Happy workouts, you crazy X-er gals!

Steph

Hi everyone. Sounds like everyone is having a great day!! Yay! I still have Kenpo to do today, because I was so sore this am from doing Core. Ouch!! So I went food shopping instead. Got all the healthy stuff at Trader Joe's. It's funny now, if I don't have spinach or apples or bananas in my fridge, then I don't have anything to eat. Oh yeah, forgot to include that almond butter.

Monica - Yay for Core Synergistics. I am glad that you saw improvement. That is fantastic. And thank goodness you got Kenpo done huh? I sure hope that you find out your results today. That sucks that they are having you wait for so long. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. The best of luc. I also keep drawing my eyes up to PF Changs and all I can say is Mmmmm.....PF Changs (me and the DH watch way too much Simpsons).

Ok, I have to take a break for a moment and laugh as my youngest DH came out with his cd player rocking out to his Cars soundtrack.LOL.

Traci - {{waves hello}}. I feel bad for you that you have to eat all of that food on SuperBowl Sunday. But know that you are not alone, as I will probably make healthy food, but not the drinks. I will most likely drink that amount of bad stuff that you eat. But if you happen to not eat any of that bad nasty stuff, good for you :). I have to tell you that we usually have pizza every week (I make it) with wheat dough and I haven't had it for about a week and half until yesterday, and my stomach was KILLING me afterwards. No more wheat for me. BTW, I don't know if you have tried this, but did you know that Silk makes coffee creamers too? I think it is best that we take our 90 day pictures BEFORE SuperBowl Sunday, don't you? Have fun with Kenpo today.

DB - Sorry that work is so overloaded. Great job on bringing it for the very very last plyo. And great job with B&B. I'm impressed with your pullups. That's awesome. Regarding the 8-10 rep range, if I can do more than 10 with the weight that I am using, I know that I need to up my weight next time. And then I have to start all over again. And YES!! When I up my weights, I do have to take a rest, but over time you won't have to. And please, no apologies on the personals. We are just glad that you are here and working out with us :).

Sandra - Sorry to hear about your zzz's.....I hope that somehow you get your energy back. But good job on the academic work. That is very impressive, especially with a lil one around. (or is that 2?) Yay on plyo!! Good job. I tend to think that we block out the "painful" part of our workouts. Perhaps that is why you don't remember the legs? Good luck with Shoulders and Arms today. Yes, I am all ready missing ARX. Luckily, I put it in my rotation post P90X
}( .

Jeanette - Do you ever sleep? I have been wondering that. You seem like such a busy gal, it seems like you never have time to snooze. I am glad that you have a lot of energy though. Good for you. Ok, wait a minute, ONLY 20#'s for upright rows? How much do you normally lift? 40#'s???? Geeze, you ARE Wonder Woman. I knew it. I think as with a lot of people, it seems that the 60 day pics aren't too huge of a difference (but it is). I actually think that I was fatter on my 60 days thanks to the holidays. But we MUST have the 90 days!!!

Laurie - Form is EVERYTHING. And I am so glad that I have learned this from the X. I feel that I am getting so much more benefits out of my workouts now. And you don't worry about the personals either. I am glad that you are here and working out with us :).

Tracy - Sorry to hear about your workout yesterday. What a crappy sounding day for you. Sorry. Great to hear about your abs though. That is fantastic!!! I don't have a scale either so I judge how much fat I have lost when I wear my jeans with a belt. My "muffin top" on my sides are slowly dwindling away, so I know that I am doing something right. Visceral fat around the organs does sound really gross. I am trying to be so careful about what I eat now. I picked up so much veggies from the store that I know my kids will love me x(.

Debra - How are you doing there? Great to know about S&H. I am not going to incorporate that one into my rotation post X, at least not for a month, but that is really good to know. Moaning techniques. Guess you have back and legs today. Ah, that always gets me blushing. Have fun.

Oops, Steph posted before I could - Let us know what you think of Brian Kest(you lucky dog). Have a great yoga day!! Wow, DS could not handle Yoga X? Are we stronger than the younger ones?

Hi to everyone I missed. I truly hope that you are all doing well. Take care.

Lea

Hello again,

Cardio Fusion w/u, first 30 minutes, and stretch are done.

Shoulders and Arms is done.

ARX will be done this evening when DH is bathing the children.

What's not to love about Shoulders & Arms? Fabulous workout. I went up in almost all of my weights since I last did this one in Phase 1. It's amazing; I didn't think I'd really gotten stronger in Phase 2. Guess I was wrong!

If I try to go back and do personals from the last 2 days I'll be here forever, so I'll just pick up with today. I did read all your posts, though.

Monica - I've come to really enjoy KenpoX, which surprises me. Like you, though, I dislike the leg stretches at the start. I'm completely not ready for those. I usually do my own thing (some of Cathe's kind of stretching). One of these days I might even say I like Core Syn :) It's reassuring to see improvement, isn't it? You see that you haven't wasted your time. Enjoy your lunch and dinner! Sounds like a blast!!

Traci - I hope another band of pms boogies have hit the road today. You have such a tough time with your hormones! Thank heavens you have enough self awareness to understand what's happening. That helps to reduce the stress a bit, anyway. Your DH is trying to kill himself!!! Will there be any other guests to help ingest all that "food", or is it all up to him? I printed off your rotation and want to take a close look at it when I get a chance. Are you starting on Monday? Thanks for the heads up about the Oxygen issue. I'm actually thinking of subscribing to that magazine.

DB - what an accomplished feeling you must have, doing both PlyoX and B&Bs for the last time!! And doing such a great job with both! Amazing! How does one do 8-10 reps? Don't be scared of the weight. Pick a weight that you think is going to feel heavy. You know you've got the right weight when you're wanting to put it down around the 6th rep. Then, yes, you can take brief pauses between reps (Tony and the boys do it all the time), gather your strength, and give it a go for 2-4 more times. If you can't perform the 6th-10th reps with good form (despite pausing), then just quickly grab a lighter set of weights to finish out the count. You WILL get stronger by doing this. Grabbing a lighter weight part way through, and/or taking brief pauses is NOT cheating or copping out; it's a way to progressively increase your strength. It works.

Jeanette - yes, only three more times with PlyoX! YAY! I have a feeling, though, that you'll be grabbing for it in future rotations much more than I will. You really seem to enjoy that kind of cardio. Cool! I'm glad to see you also saw a lot of gains over Phast 2, with shoulders & arms. That's the magic, isn't it? Have a great time with your boys tonight! I have to say I'm quite envious of your little club! Oh, you cracked me up about the underwear remarks. My DH would do the exact same thing!!

Laurie - fantastic about your form improving!

Oh rats, I'm out of time. Have to go pick up DD#1 from the bus stop. I hope I can come back and chat with the rest of you later. If not, have a great day! As usual, your workouts and how you prioritize your health continues to inspire me.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hm. Have a bit more time, so I can hopefully finish my email!

Tracy - Wow, you had quite a rough day yesterday. I agree with you that on days like those it is a gold-star accomplishment simply to do the workout. You deserve kudos for that - many other people would have hit the couch with some comfort food. Frankly, our perceptions are more important than reality, aren't they? If you're happier with your core, then that's all that matters.

Debra - busy day for you yesterday! I'm glad you got a little down time before you turned out the light. What do you watch on tv for those relaxing times?

Suz - hello! You sound like a push up machine! Smart for not "pushing" it too much, though. Your body will thank you for it.

Steph - LOL about DS's puke remark. You haven't seen inflexible until you've seen my DH. I honestly don't know how he manages to tie his shoes. But we'll fix them, heh heh....I think it's great that he's learning the value of flexibility at a young age.

Lea - Cars has a great soundtrack, don't they? DD#1 loves it. She also loves the music from Happy Feet. Your core is that sore? Remind me what you did, please? CoreSyn? Or something else? I hope you enjoy KenpoX, when you get around to it. I found some energy today - did some Cathe cardio. That always helps. I have 2 DDs, but one is in Grade One, so she's not here in the daytime. Just the 16mth old and myself, getting in each other's way. Fortunately, she's got a good routine and I can pretty much count on having 2 hours while she naps. Otherwise I squeeze 60-90 minutes into the morning before they wake up, and 30-60 minutes after supper, when DH is home. Sticking with ARX, hey? I'll probably do that too, after a nice break first!

Okay, I think that's the whole gang for today.
Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra - I'm American made. LOL. My core is sore from Synergistics. I just did Kenpo, and boy I am feeling really sore. I hope that I didn't catch what the boyz caught. URGH. Lucky you and good for you for putting your DD on a routine. I am so bad that way. Speaking of kids, it's bathtime. Have a good night :).

Lea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.