WPAFB 1/2 Marathon

My DH asked me last night..."Did you tell your Cathe friends how you did?" Oh my, I had not!! Training for the marathon next month has my brain so preoccuppied!!

Anyway!!! I ran the Wright Patterson Air Force Base 1/2 marathon this past Saturday and had a great run! I love this race because it is on a military base, hosted by the military, most of the runners are military from all over the county, a general hands out the metals when you finish, they fly military aircraft over head from time to time, just an incredible event! I am biased because I love our military!

Anyway (again)!!!! I am pleased with how I did. My chip time was 1:39:53, which was way better than what I was shooting for. I guess track work is actually starting to pay off! Most importantly, I felt really good during the run, I had a lot of fun, talked to some very interesting people and witnessed a few friends run the 1/2 as well as the full.

I highly recommend this race to anyone! However, the crowd is super thin between water stops (military base/high security) so if the crowd is your motivation, you may want to wait for Chicago!

Great job, Sarah!!! That's an awesome time! I just did a half a month ago & my full is on Sunday! The half was kind of on a whim too, it just happened to work into our training plan! That sounds like a fun one to run too, my brother is military so I'll have to tell him about it!

Great job w/ the track work, I can't wait to get back into some speed training after my marathon! Which full are you running- Chicago??

OMG, Sarah!! I was at WPAFB this past Saturday! I was completely unaware that there was a race. We were there to go through the museum. Congratulations on your run. You're doing GREAT!! Had I known you were running there I'd have come to cheer you on.

Sarah, I work with a guy who is retired Air Force. He said he did the marathon there. He was very impressed with your time. I'm impressed with anyone who can run. Congratulations.

Jess, I am running the Columbus full October 15th.

Michele, BUMMER!!! I cannot believe we wwere breathing the same air and didn't know it! I would have loved meeting you in person! I hope you enjoyed the museaum. I think it is absolutely jaw dropping...and it's all free!!! Truely a **must see**. I hope you liked it as much as I did.

Buffet, Did he run it this past Saturday or previously? My most favorite part is participating in a sporting event with so many military personel. They truely are incredible athletes. Some of them even ran with full gear...head to toe, boots, carrying the loaded packs and all! Amazing!

Thanks Ladies, for your kind words and encouragement!

great job sarah! Your time doesnt surprise me though, you are a machine girl!!! I will be doing a half next weekend in vermillion,ohio rather than columbus this year. I can drive there that same morning and I didnt train for this half at all so my time probably wont be as good as the one I did in may but I am doing it just because I love to run!!

Sarah....awesome run and time!!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/19.gif[/img] I know you will kick some tush in Oct!!!! Good luck...:)

Thanks so much Carole!!! I really have you and Elaine to thank:* . Your advice, tips and words of wisdom have been dead on from day 1! Thanks so much to both of you for holding my hand and pointing me in the right direction!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.