Workout Warriors in the Merry Month of May

Another Drum Roll please! :D I to finished STS today. Now I get to move on to other things.

Kim, I know I had said that I'd restart STS in September, too, but now with the new workouts coming out then, I'm thinking I'll want a few weeks to play with them. Decisions....decisions.... I've also greatly slacked off on the cardio lately. Actually, it's been 1 1/2 weeks since I did anything other than a couple walks around town with Derek. :eek: Hopefully, we'll be getting in another this afternoon. Do you have Taco Bell's there? In a nutshell, a fruitista is a container of ice with fake flavoring tossed in and a few strawberries on top to make you think it might fall within the realm of healthy which trust me - it doesn't!!!!

I've been meaning to dig out my original workout cards - I'm pretty sure they are hiding somewhere on my desk and compare notes, but haven't had the time yet.

Coconut oil - not the one to help you out because I really dislike the flavor of coconut. I do sometimes buy it and you is on my skin though as it makes a nice moisturizer.

Regina have you e-mailed SNM about the auditions? Perhaps in the future they could change things or they even could still change things now.

And in the world of weird things - Derek's game last night was again stopped due to lightening! Two games in one week and both have to be made up from the exact point we left off. In three years with the club, we've never had it happen, so twice in one week is really out of the norm.

Cathy- Congratulations on finishing STS!! How many times have you completed it? I have been thinking about writing to SNM about my suggestion for the spin audition. Hopefully Derek's games will get back on schedule.

My workout today was - Asylum -'Vertical Plyo' and Asylum -' Back To Core.' I was going to go biking today but it has been pouring all day.

Kim- Cute video

I need to get thinking about diner and get prepared for work tomorrow!

Have a great Monday!

Regina, I think I've done STS four times. Things are a little blurry during the period 1-1 1/2 years ago when I tore the connecting fibers of the achilles on my right leg and a couple months after that healed doing the same on my left leg. :rolleyes: During that time I did a round of STS upper body only.

So how are you liking Asylum? Is it similar to any of Cathe's workouts?

Today I did Step Moves followed by Ab Circuits Medicine Ball abs and then just a bit ago, I did some more yoga from The Athlete's Guide to Yoga DVD. I love the ability to customize what I do on that DVD.

Really yucky here today. Last week was gorgeous and Friday it was around 80! Then yesterday and today rainy, cloudy, and cold. Right now it's about 40 outside. :( At least the sun is making tiny attempts to show itself now.

Yesterday I ended up doing CTX All Step and today so far nothing. I woke up with a headache. Due I think to not enough water yesterday. :( I'm very sensitive to my water intake. This afternoon, I'm taking the boys to tramp around through woods and search for creatures. I've reconnected with a lot of classmates on facebook and the other day one who lives about 10 minutes from me posted that she'd just seen a blue racer (snake) and Derek was ready to go hop in the car right then. :p So, I got in touch with her and were going today to see what we can find. Haven't seen her in over 30 years and didn't hang out with her in school beyond about 6th grade. We did Bluebirds and Camp Fire together for awhile.

I think that long, long ago, I tried one of Shiva Rea's workouts. I also have one with Baron Baptiste (?) that I need to try, but I've still got things to play with and try out on the other one. I also need to take a look at the rotation I'm doing next time and make sure I have all the workouts and pick subs for what I don't.

DH and I briefly discussed the idea of having an exchange student next school year. I've always wanted to do it, but never brought it up because he's such an introvert I didn't think it would fly. Apparently, while I was out Saturday, he got a phone call asking if we'd be interested and actually requested info. Telling me it was probably a crazy idea. Biding my time to bring it up again at the right moment. We have a small house and little in the way of extra money, but it sounds like we just provide the housing and food. So, we'll see if we can figure it out.

Cathy- The exchange student idea sounds really good. It should be a good experience for all involved. Did you find the blue racer snake?

Where is everyone?

I seem to be taking my rest week rather literally. No workout again today and I just napped. All the times I've done STS, I find that my rest weeks, I never end up doing as much or what I planned.

Regina, it was too cold and cloudy for reptiles and the snake had abandoned his hideout. So, Derek had no luck with the creature searching. OTOH Nick was in heaven because he got to drive the golf cart. The first time he drove it down a very, bumpy path, hitting every bump and going rather too fast, Derek and I were left clinging to the back for dear life! Teresa apparently has had vast experience with her grand children driving and was very good with him and by the time we left, he was much smoother about the whole thing.

Our check-in seems to be fizzling out. :(

Hey Guys - Happy Thursday

:( I'd noticed that the check-in was becoming quite sparse which is such a shame as it started off so strong.

Anyway, back to business. Having finished STS I took the opportunity to do the BodyMax that I'd bought in the sale but hadn't been able to do fully as wasn't supposed to do any weights on the STS recovery weeks. So even though I'm probably not supposed to do lifting on this week either I went ahead with it all the same. Perhaps I was a wee bit over optimistic on the weights I used as on Meso3 we were doing 6 or 8 reps followed by a 1 minute break, of course I wasn't using 80-90% 1RM but doing 32 straight reps virtually without a breather and then moving onto the next exercise came as a bit of a baptism of fire. I definitely went to failure on a few sets there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other w/os I got in the sale were Classics Vol I which I'm sure everyone knows inside out and has been doing them for years, but they're new to me and I've enjoyed them so far. I find it really hard to decide which is my favourite step w/o as the thing is that in most routines there's a bit that I find tedious and that gets on my nerves but then there's always at least one section that I find really energising and fun. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to the step in the new series.

Regina I think you should take your request to SNM - they can only say 'No', but it will give them an opportunity to think that maybe opening up the auditions would create a good opportunity. Maybe they're afraid of a deluge. GOOD LUCK.

I've got a few Shiva Rae but they are a bit too advanced for me. I know there are some more beginner level which maybe I ought to try or just stick with what I've got and use them much more regularly to improve my practice.

Cathy our weather has deteriorated slightly. Not as hot as it was and last night there was rain in the night, which is almost the first rain for 5-6 weeks. I don't think there was much though - I'll have to check the plants when I get home. Happy snake hunt :rolleyes:

Love
Kim xx

Kim- Hi. I keep saying that I am going to write to SNM about my spin audition request. I need to get around to doing it. Shiva can get advanced but I find that if I keep doing the workouts I get better at it. I have a real sense of accomplishment when I can do a pose that I previously could not perform. I have not done any Cathe classic workouts in a while. I find that many of her step routines (after a while) become repetitive and slightly boring. How many power 15s and sculpt 7, flying angels and around the worlds can you do and her transitions between one move to the next by doing around the worlds is boring!

Cathy- it sounds like you are listening to your body and resting. That is a good thing. After resting for a few days, I find that I am better at what I do.

I have a graduation to attend today so I have to get into my academic regalia. I am sure that my dept chair is looking for me so I have to get going!

workout this morning- vertical Plyo

Last edited:
Started the updated Rock Bottoms rotation yesterday. :eek: Cardio Core Circuit followed by 300 walking lunges. I actually went outside to do the lunges. On the plus side, on round trip across the backyard was about 100 of them, compared to the basement where I am much more limited in space. On the downside, the boys decided to video tape me. I had on really short shorts and my T-shirt was longer than they were so suffice it to say the image that came across was not one I care to have made public. :rolleyes: Surprisingly, I was not sore from them today, though my abs are very sore from CCC. The no leg soreness was a plus since I got to do Lower Body Blast this morning. She certainly can kill you even with no weights! Will see how I'm feeling tomorrow morning.

I got a bit too much sun at the field yesterday. I thought I could get away with it, but we were there longer than planned. Derek's team plays tonight (at least we all hope they play as there is a chance of rain AGAIN) that team hasn't played a complete game since May 5 because of weather. He did play in a scrimmage game yesterday with the 12U team, as they realigned the teams and played amongst themselves because they've had so few practices due to rain. Derek always loves getting a chance to play with the big guys and he even caught a couple innings. Luckily, they were on the same team, and won, so they both got prizes (ice cream sandwiches).

Hope everyone is doing well and PLEASE stop by here when you can!

Hi Cathy- Glad you weekend went well. I have to check out the rock bottoms rotation. I love to do walking lunges outside! I use my TRx outside yesterday and then I too did walking lungees. I guess great minds think alike (smile)! I have been doing a mix of workout stuff - some Asylum, some TRX, some of my own weight workouts some kettlebells and I am mixing in some Tracey Anderson omnicentric and abcentric workouts.

It is another rainy day in the city!

The world did not end May 21! My son sent me an email this morning about a guy at the university who purchased a Lamborghini 4 months ago that he could not afford. He said that he purchased it becuase he wanted to drive in the lap of luxury for 4 months and he thought the world was going to end and he would not have to pay for it. Now he is sweating bullets! How silly!

Anyone watching the French Open?

Have a Great Day!

Last edited:
Hi Warriors!

It seems as though there is never enough time in the day. I really enjoy sleeping, but wouldn't it be great if we could get our full requirement of sleep once a week...like sleep 24 hours and go go go the remaining 144 hours?

Life has become super busy and super complicated, something has to give and I'm sorry to say it is my time on the computer and on Cathenation. I don't seem to be able to consistently check-in at this time.

Please feel free to email me and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner.:D

Best of luck to everyone,

We can keep it going and everyone can just post when they have time. I'd certainly like to keep it going, but it has greatly dwindled. :( And yes, it is 3:25 in the morning. My sleep has been so very erratic the last week. I slept for about 3 1/2 hrs and then was wide awake. Need to go back to sleep for a few as I need to do Athletic Step and the bonus butt work in a few hours!

Cathy- I hope that you can get back to your regular sleep pattern. What can be done and what are your suggestion to revive the warrior checkin?

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Regina truly I have no idea what can get the check-in really active again. :(

We lost power in the storm last evening and we'll likely be without power, phone, internet through Wednesday evening.

So, after a week of doing really well with my rotation - my workouts are on hold unless I do something that doesn't involve a DVD!

Cathy-I hope all is well. Did you get your power back yet? What workout rotation are you doing now?

Regina our power was out for 3 full days, which totally disrupted my rotation. And with our schedule and all the tournament weekends coming up it didn't work to restart it right away. Too many double day workouts and long workouts. I did CTX for awhile and somehow killed my triceps doing the chest workout! I'm thinking of breaking things up and doing one body part weights/abs in the morning and a short cardio in the afternoon for awhile.

Going to restart the February rotation around the beginning of July.

Hope things are well with you!

HI Cathy-
I did not post because I was looking for a June thread but it still says May- Oh Well!
Your idea of how to restart your workouts sounds great.

How are your triceps doing now? Better? Have you ever tried foam roller therapy?

Monday is coming way too soon. Can it stay Sunday for a few more days?

Where is everyone else?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.